PDA

View Full Version : ohanas and fireworks

augusta
02-11-2008, 07:19 PM
I know fireworks can be viewed from Narcosses and CA Grill. What about seeing them while dining in Ohanas? :mickey:

Fangorn
02-11-2008, 08:34 PM
Yes, the fireworks can be seen from 'Ohana. The music is piped in as well. Last October we were there on a MNSSHP night and saw Hallo-wishes while we finished our dessert.

It was a wonderful end to the day.

Steve

rj
02-11-2008, 10:23 PM
It can be seen from Ohana's depending on where you are seated. Ask for a window table to get the best view.

augusta
02-12-2008, 09:03 AM
Thanks, now I just need the park hours for September so I can see the times for Wishes.

ibrowse17
02-12-2008, 10:18 AM
We ate there last week, and could see the fireworks from our table. But, a few moments into the show a bunch of people left their tables to stand right in front of the windows and blocked our view. When a CM asked them to move they were rude and loudly complained about having to move for the rest of the show. I just do not understand these types of people that act this way and seem to think they can do anything:mad:

SBETigg
02-12-2008, 10:33 AM
There's no guarantee on getting a window table. Due to the popularity of the seating at Wishes time, you may end up without a view. I prefer to plan on eating at 'Ohana earlier and being done in time to catch Wishes and the Electric Water Pageant from the Poly beach.

poeticeclipse
02-12-2008, 11:29 AM
We've done this once before and it was quite nice. Although, we didn't get a seat THAT close to the window even when we asked for it. It was more to the side window vs. the ones that face MK. Don't get your hopes set to high.

I would probably suggest what a previous poster mentioned and eat at 'Ohana a little bit before Wishes and then heading outside to the beach to watch. That way you're for sure going to be able to see. They also pipe the music outside if I remember correctly.

ThanxForNoticin
02-12-2008, 12:55 PM
There's no guarantee on getting a window table. Due to the popularity of the seating at Wishes time, you may end up without a view. I prefer to plan on eating at 'Ohana earlier and being done in time to catch Wishes and the Electric Water Pageant from the Poly beach.

I agree with this idea. There is only a slight chance you'll get a table with a direct view of the fireworks - it's a popular request each night from many of the families eating there, and there are probably no more than a dozen tables right at the windows. But we have enjoyed Wishes from the Poly Beach, and it's definitely something to try. Have a great time.

IloveDisney71
02-12-2008, 01:32 PM
I've been lucky enough to be able to see Wishes during dinner at Ohana twice. I didn't even know that Wishes would be going off during our meals either time - I guess we were really lucky...or it was that Disney Magic! However, I agree with the previous posters that it is also really special to be able to see Wishes and the water pageant from the beach at Poly.