PDA

View Full Version : Question about Wilderness Lodge Rooms

Butchiem1
02-11-2008, 05:19 PM
Well its that time again my annual Boys trip to WDW with my 2 DSs (11 and 9):D

We want to stay at the Wilderness Lodge this time, but I want to know if anyone has stayed in one of the Bunk Bed rooms. (My boys share a bunk bed at home, so i think this would be nice).

If so, are they nice and are they the same size as a 2 queen bed room? Also, do all rooms have balconies?

I figured better to ask in advance before booking.

Also are there any room views I should request?

Thanks A Ton in advance for any help you can give.

Nathan

Mousefever
02-11-2008, 06:39 PM
The rooms with bunk beds seemed roomy to me, although I haven't stayed in a two queen room. Our room had a balcony, (6th floor) and it was a very nice room.

:dory:

rj
02-11-2008, 10:15 PM
I think the bunk bed rooms are the same size as any of the other rooms, but feels bigger because of the layout of the bunk beds. I think all rooms have balconies.

You will love the WL.

playdead88
02-12-2008, 06:03 AM
we are going to be WL first timers in april and i can't wait!!! the rooms sound awesome -i think staying at a different hotel each time makes it like a whole new vacation :mickey:

MissTink
02-12-2008, 06:19 AM
We just returned from WL and I was in 3 different rooms... My DD, DM and I stayed in a standard room which was on the 6th floor (6058), facing the MK. 2 queen sized beds, had a great view of the contemporary, could see space mountain and just barely the castle through the trees, awesome view of wishes. Wasn't crazy about hearing the trucks unloading way down below, but couldn't hear a thing as long as we had our balcony door closed.

My DSis and her family paid for a courtyard view with bunk beds and ended up, just by chance, 5 rooms away on the opposite side of the hall (6051). I thought the room looked a little more cramped with the bunk beds in it, it could have just been 4 people staying in the room though. Their view of the courtyard was amazing. I could have sat on their balcony forever and just looked out.

The next day, my DBF checked in, paid for a standard room, and I asked the cast member for him to get a room close to mine, no luck. The only thing they had available, and since it was only him, they put him in a king size, handicap accessible room. He wasn't crazy about the idea of the bed being lower etc. until we brought his stuff to the room(1139). He got a courtyard view on the first floor, ended up being an awesome room, could walk off his patio into the pool. I loved it.

Just my experience, all the rooms had something to offer, good luck! Have a great trip!

garymacd
02-12-2008, 10:52 AM
We found the bunkbed room to be a little more spacious since they take up less floor space. More room between beds gave us more room for stuff on the floor. Just like home!