PDA

View Full Version : Using Up Old Tickets

Jasper
02-11-2008, 05:07 PM
First of all I am not sure of what forum to put this in so if you need to move it feel free.

Anyway, we were going through a drawer last night and came across some old WDW tickets that we had attached notes to indicating that we had a few days left on each ticket. I do know that the tickets are non-expiring because it says it on the back. The ticket media is plastic like a credit card with the magnetic stripe on the back. That means they are not ancient but I do know that they were purchased before the age of the finger scans and all that.

My question is; if we just show at that turn style of one of the WDW parks and tried to stick the card in would it work? Or, do we need to stop by Guest Services and get it changed to something else? We don't have a trip planned yet so I know things could change before then but I was just wondering if anyone knew the answer to this?

Thanks

Tink1
02-11-2008, 05:53 PM
as long as there is a magentic strip on the back, just go right to the turnstile. They may have you record your fingerscan at that time to place on the cards, or they may not. But they do not have to be exchaged for current media

Nanc

vamaggie
02-11-2008, 07:28 PM
I believe that if you have childrens tickets (from when kids were younger) they will upgrade the ticket to a >10 yr old ticket if the child is older now. We have passes from 04 when our DS was 7. We checked at guest services and they told us when we were ready to use them to go to guest services and they would upgrade the child's ticket for him.

Jasper
02-18-2008, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the help! I thought we should be able to go straight to the turn style since they had the magnetic stripe but just wasn't sure. Also as for the child ticket issue these were adult tickets so there is no issue there.

Believe it or not these were left over from one of those rare times when we went to WDW without the kids! We had been in Orlando for a seminar that my wife had to attend and decided to squeeze in a few days at WDW as well. We decided to buy a few more days than we thought we would need as a hedge against future admission price increases. While we are not going to be able to retire on what we saved the price per day for hopper passes worked out to about $47.00 for those tickets. Since we have 3 days left on each ticket for a total of 6 admissions that is a fairly nice savings over the current admission price.