PDA

View Full Version : Swan and Dolphin Hotels

faberj
02-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Has anyone stayed at the Swan and Dolphin Hotels??? My DH has a convention there at the end of March and I am going along with him. Just wondering how they are. I know they are not Disney resorts, but I hope they are still nice.

John
02-11-2008, 05:01 PM
having stayed there many times myself, I can tell you the accomodations are first rate and you can't beat the location.... lots of good restaurants and ammenities as well.

Jeff
02-11-2008, 08:32 PM
My family loves the Swan. Of the resorts we have stayed at we rate it below the Poly but above the Contemporary, Beach Club, and slightly below the Boardwalk Inn (the Swan rooms are quieter).

Check out this very recent thread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=125222)about the Swan/Dolphin.:thumbsup:

disneyworld55925592
02-11-2008, 09:02 PM
we've stayed there alot and we love it. it is considered a deluxe "disney" resort it still has the bus transportation but you can walk to epcot or mgm. its great location! can't beat it, they are my favorite hotels :number1:

rj
02-11-2008, 10:13 PM
We stayed at the Dolphin once and will not stay again. The room that we stayed at had not been renovated yet.

Our hall had carpet that was torn and bumpy, trays of food that were left over from the previous night's room service or that morning's room service was still there when we returned in the evening, and it lacked that Disney feel.

We have stayed at the Poly, Beach Club, and WL. I would rate all of those much higher than the Dolphin.

TFrauts
02-12-2008, 01:12 AM
We stayed at the Dolphin...I honestly would never stay there again...we probably should have said something to the front desk because we were so unhappy, but we were just there for one night, and we arrived late, and had an ADR, so we dropped our stuff off and left!! I had to stand on a towel in the shower(it was disgusting), ALOT of cobwebs on the cieling, and the smell of he room was rotten.... Whatever you do, make sure you get a room with a balcony!! We had no way to open the window. The smell was very musty, because the air conditioner didn't run all the time(motion activated) would allow condensation to build up in the window, and smelled VERY musty!! THe hotel is beautiful, grouds are beautiful, and location is great!! Just pay the extra to get a room with a balcony for fresh air!

CU Tiger
02-12-2008, 08:27 PM
We stayed at the Swan this past Christmas and enjoyed it. There is little to no Disney theme in these hotels, but they are nice quality resorts with very comfortable beds. Besides looking out the window, you would never know you were staying at DW. The location is great and the transportation works very well. We would stay there again.:mickey:

rjmdds
02-13-2008, 08:59 AM
We've stayed at the Swan and really enjoyed it. It always struck me as a more "adult" hotel. They are beautiful hotels and I love their location. They are very quiet and peaceful. You are still right in the middle of everything.

WDW24
02-13-2008, 04:03 PM
I have recently stayed at the Swan and it was decent.

The decor was outdated, the beds were overated,but, you cant beat the location.

A boat ride to the Disney Studios was approx. 10 mins. and Epcot 5.

For someone who likes good theming I wouldnt choose the Swan or Dolphin. But, still for someone who likes being close to the parks dont have second thoughts.:thumbsup:

Crow
02-13-2008, 09:57 PM
ive stayed at both once each.
the 2nd stay was the best w heavenly bed, 2 balconies..
love Kimonos!
& the location is great. just got an email offer from them in fact that i mayb use in Sept

Disney_Barbie
02-20-2008, 02:03 PM
We have stayed at the Poly, Beach Club, and WL. I would rate all of those much higher than the Dolphin.

Funny, I guess it's a matter of taste. Because we got back from WL (just about a month ago) and although we LOVED it there, we decided it's no competion for the swan (our Fav resort)