PDA

View Full Version : DME Question?

BigRedDad
02-11-2008, 03:24 PM
I have not seen this answered and I do not want to hijack another person's post. When you land and head to the DME check-in desk, who has to wait in line? I figured my DW and DD could walk around by the line a bit or go to the restroom while I waited in line. Is that OK or do we all have to be in the line waiting?

Cinderelley
02-11-2008, 03:32 PM
I have always been the one to wait in line while everyone else walks around/sits and rests/etc. You should be fine checking in while the rest of your family entertains themselves.

AuntDJ
02-11-2008, 03:46 PM
Acutally the DME folks prefer that you do just that..only one person in line....

Last trip, as we entered the line, they were advising families to have one person wait to check in and the others to have a seat. Now once you are checked in everyone has to be together when entering the bus lines...

DJ

CanadianFan
02-11-2008, 04:26 PM
We just came back, and the DME people will actually ASK that just one person wait in line. There is a comfy waiting area with chairs, tables, etc. Be prepared for a LONG wait for your resort bus once you pass the "Red Carpet" tho -- no comfy chairs there :(

kakn7294
02-11-2008, 05:14 PM
There's a huge waiting area in front of the DME desk. One person waits in line - I did for all 11 of us in Dec '06 with all 4 booklets (we had 4 groups each with their own reservation) - and everyone else sits. Once you are checked in, all of you proceed to the correct resort line where you will all stand together. In our experience, none of the waits have been exceptionally long, even when the line appears long.

BigRedDad
02-11-2008, 05:30 PM
Thank you for the info. I am sure I will probably have a new question every day leading up to the trip at the end of March.