PDA

View Full Version : Non exp tickets - what would you do?

tink2006
02-11-2008, 02:42 PM
We have 5 days left from our last visit last year. We are going again this summer :mickey:(originally we were going to skip a year). I was thinking about buying tickets for this trip and saving my non exp tickets "for a rainy day".

Just wondering what your thoughts were - should I use them now or save them?

Jasper
02-11-2008, 03:04 PM
It all depends on what kind of tickets you have. It used to be that all WDW tickets were good forever. Now you have to specifically purchase that as an "extra" choice.

Assuming that your tickets do not expire than the next thing to do is look at what other extras you purchased on those tickets and compare that with what you want to do during this next trip. For example, if you got water parks as an extra on your previous tickets and you know for sure that you won't want to do water parks on this next trip then you may want to save those tickets until you take a trip that includes water parks.

What we do to help us make our decision is to write down on one sheet of paper everything that our current tickets offer. In other words, we write down how many days, what water parks, etc. they include. Then on a separate paper we write down what we want to do and what it would cost us if we did not use up any of our left over tickets. Then we compare the two lists and see if we will be giving up too much if we used the tickets on this trip or if we would be better off waiting for a future trip to use up the left over tickets.

This written list not only helps us plan tickets/money but it also really helps us plan our time as well.

tink2006
02-11-2008, 03:38 PM
We did purchase this as an extra option. They do not have water park & more. They are simply hopper tickets. We do not enjoy the water parks (too crowded). DS15 has always liked to go to DQ but we pay OOP for this.

We are only going for 4 days this summer so we would have one day left on the non exp tickets. I would like to use them up in one trip. Also, ticket prices will continue to increase so we might as well save them for later.

ldc12377
02-11-2008, 05:18 PM
I think if it were me and I had the money now for the tickets now,then I'd save the tickets for a "rainy day". It would be really nice to have tickets waiting for me instead of me having to wait for tickets (or in my case, the money for tickets).