PDA

View Full Version : Teppan Edo

NJGIRL
02-11-2008, 02:15 PM
At Teppan Edo do they cook at the table for you? If they do are all tables at a cooking station? Do you sit with other families? How is the food there? We enjoy the local Janpanese Rest here and are thinking about making an ADR there in Oct.

Checkers
02-11-2008, 07:50 PM
:mickey:If this is the new name of the former Teppanyaki, yes, they do cook at the table. We were there last Oct. and had a wonderful meal. We were seated with 6 other people (my DH & I, a gentleman and his son, and a family of four). It is rather expensive (to be expected) and does not accept the DDE card:(.

MickeyChick
02-11-2008, 08:02 PM
I just ate there on January 29th. Teppan Edo is hibachi style, where 10 people sit around a grill table. The food was excellent, although we were disappointed in the lack of fried rice.

In the same building, at the same restaurant podium is Tokyo Dining which is regular tables and you order off the menu.

Even with an ADR, we waited about 40 minutes for a table at Teppan Edo. Tokyo dining had open tables and were seating walk ups. We saw several people take tables there rather than wait for a hibachi table.

NJGIRL
02-12-2008, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the info! I think we are going to go ahead and try this place. It's sounds go.:thumbsup: