PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite CS?

teambricker04
02-11-2008, 02:15 PM
I am looking for some new CS meals to try. We usually eat at Cosmic Rays at MK, The Electric Umbrella or in Mexico outside at EPCOT, and the Commisary at DHS. I am really tired of eating a MILLION burgers or chicken sandwhiches when we go. Our next trip I am going to try to eat something OTHER than burgers.

What are your favorite CS meals? Where do you eat something OTHER than a burger?

Oh, and I like TS meals okay, but I am not a fan of making ADRs... with little people I feel like we end up running to them or aren't hungry when I go to them!

DDuck66
02-11-2008, 02:23 PM
Flame Tree Barbeque at AK is not bad, and we used to go to the Tusker House..but they changed that to a TS meal. Also the Columbia Harbor House at the MK was really good the last time we ate there. I had the fish n chips, and my DW had a great Chicken Ceaser Salad.

LauraF
02-11-2008, 02:34 PM
I love the Yakitori house at Epcot's Japan pavillion. It's so nice to not eat the same stuff as at every other restaurant.

Quasimodo
02-11-2008, 02:41 PM
I second Flame Tree BBQ. Its not the best BBQ around, but its not bad and a nice alternative to burgers. There is also Tomorrow Land Terrace Noodle Station. I've never tried it (its never open when I'm there) but the menu looks good. You can see it here:
http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/magickingdom/tlnoodlestation.asp

merlinmagic4
02-11-2008, 02:53 PM
Columbia Harbor House in MK has great sandwiches. I usually get the tuna. I highly recommend it and eat upstairs!

disneymom15
02-11-2008, 02:55 PM
I like Harbour House in MK.
The walk up fish and chips stand at WS in Epcot.

JerseyMouse
02-11-2008, 03:28 PM
Pizza Planet at DHS.

PlutoToo
02-11-2008, 03:35 PM
I'll second the Yakitori house in Japan. We tried it last time we were in Epcot. We'll definitely be going back next trip.

joanna71985
02-11-2008, 03:44 PM
I am looking for some new CS meals to try. We usually eat at Cosmic Rays at MK, The Electric Umbrella or in Mexico outside at EPCOT, and the Commisary at DHS. I am really tired of eating a MILLION burgers or chicken sandwhiches when we go. Our next trip I am going to try to eat something OTHER than burgers.

What are your favorite CS meals? Where do you eat something OTHER than a burger?

Oh, and I like TS meals okay, but I am not a fan of making ADRs... with little people I feel like we end up running to them or aren't hungry when I go to them!

MK- Pinocchio's in Fantasyland, or Casey's on Main Street. I love the veggie pizza at Pinocchio's, and Casey's has the BEST hot dogs.

Epcot- don't really do CS at Epcot, but Sunshine Seasons has the BEST cheesecake ever.

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-11-2008, 03:46 PM
These are other ones my DH and I like:

MK:
Pinocchio's Village Haus
Peco's Bill Cafe

Epcot:
Tangierine Cafe

Studios:
Pizza Planet

AK:
Flame Tree BBQ

poeticeclipse
02-11-2008, 04:04 PM
There is no CS like Sunshine Seasons. I could eat there everyday. Always something different. If you want something offbeat or pretty specific... thats the place to go.

MickeyChick
02-11-2008, 08:18 PM
We really liked the Tangierine Cafe (Combo Shwarma platter!) in Epcot and Pecos Bill's Cafe in MK (Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwich).

We ate at Tamu Tamu in AK and I highly recommend avoiding it. The line moved SO SLOWLY and it's just sandwiches, no real kids option and the burgers were a funny beige color.

Camping Mom
02-11-2008, 09:44 PM
We discovered a new quick place to eat in January. It is right next to the Nine Dragons REstaurant in China called Lotus Blossom Cafe. We were looking for something good and not overly pricey. We split the Orange Chicken and Rice and it was wonderful. A nice break from burgers.

Natazu
02-11-2008, 11:43 PM
Click Me! (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=122536)

Jared
02-11-2008, 11:51 PM
Columbia Harbour House in the Magic Kingdom serves a delicious hummus sandwich with tomatoes and broccoli slaw. It's delicious and a welcome respite from the traditional burger and fries fare.

I also really like Sunshine Seasons Food Fair in Epcot. The restaurant is divided into several different sections, each of which serve a few interesting options.

:tasty:

dolphinmickey9170
02-12-2008, 06:22 AM
We love Flame Tree BBQ in AK. My DH always gets ribs and I always get the 1/2 chicken and then we share. It came with BBQ baked beans (yummy) and a huge corn muffin. We get an order of onion rings and an order of fries as snack credits and us the CS credit for the meals. It is a great deal of food so you really can't go wrong. And the best part, IT'S NOT A BURGER.

We also really enjoy Cosmic Ray's wrap sandwiches, bbq pulled pork sandwiches, salad. Their food is great too. Columbia Harbour House has some great fish.

Epcot's UK has great fish too. Ben likes the noodle bowl in Japan. Or the brats in Germany. These are both CS.

At DHS, we are broken over this one. We usually do the burger or chicken or pizza thing here.

playdead88
02-12-2008, 06:46 AM
we love

columbia harbor house and pecos bills at MK

the tangerine cafe in morocco at epcot

pizzafari at AK - awesome ceasar salads

rosies all american cafe at DHS

:mickey:

TheDuckRocks
02-12-2008, 11:39 AM
My favorite was the Main Street Bakery. The choices were limited but the sandwiches were fresh, large and yummy!!!

Aggie97
02-12-2008, 02:31 PM
I completely understand what you mean. We just returned from a week at WDW, and for the first time ever we ate a cheeseburger only once, french fries twice, and no chicken tenders.

Epcot - Tangierine Cafe, Sunshine Seasons food court (yummy deli sandwiches)

AK - Flame Tree BBQ, we tried Yak & Yeti but weren't impressed (the eggrolls were decent)

MK - Pecos Bill Cafe (BBQ pork sandwich), Casey's Corner (not exactly health food, but the corn dog nuggets are tasty!)

DTD - Earl of Sandwich

:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-12-2008, 03:01 PM
We love the hotdogs at Casey's...and watching the cartoons as we eat.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-12-2008, 03:15 PM
I almost forgot...

We also enjoy the variety at Sunshine Season's in Epcot...we turned a couple of snack credits into a whole meal :thumbsup:

DisneyorBust
02-12-2008, 07:15 PM
At Disney's Hollywood Studios we like the Backlot Express, they have a good variety of non-burgers/chicken. I especially like turkey panini sandwich.

princessgirls
02-12-2008, 07:23 PM
Hands down...

Sunshine Seasons in the Land at Epcot.

Good Everything, and a variety.

Great desserts.

Enjoy!
Julie

Bri
02-12-2008, 08:30 PM
we really like columbia harbour house at mk. we ate there 3 or 4 times last time we were there. the tuna sandwich is great!

DisneyDD2
02-12-2008, 08:37 PM
This last September we tried Earl of Sandwich at DTD and LOVED it! We also like Sunshine Seasons at Epcot, Flame Tree Barbeque at AK, and Pizza Planet at DHS (this is a must eat for us since our DS is 6.) We eat very few, if any hamburgers while at The World.

teambricker04
02-12-2008, 11:17 PM
Great choices!!! Some how we end up with burgers every time... I think this trip I am going to put a little list together of CS that I want to try. Something that is easy to whip out when some one is screaming they are hungry (It usually is DH.).

Some are ones we have eatten at... I love hot dogs, but I hate the ducks outside Casey's. That's right I hate ducks. Not that I kick them or anything, but really I find them pesty.

I digress... I want to try tangerine cafe, Pizza Planet (DS #1's favorite computer game is at Pizza Planet!), that hummus sandwich... the list goes on and on! Thanks for sharing your choices! No more burgers and fries for me!

Mickey91
02-13-2008, 12:41 AM
:mickey:Cosmic Rays. Great variety and love Sonny Eclipse! I like the Electric Umbrella at EPCOT also (free refills)

DreamFinder2
02-17-2008, 12:46 PM
My DW and I are huge fans of...

MK: Cosmic Ray's (really liked breakfast when they used to serve it)

Epcot: Yakatori House (fun to eat in the gardens)

DHS: The Writer's Stop (coffee, rolls)

AK: FTBBQ

DisneyCrazyET
02-17-2008, 07:57 PM
France - Boulangerie Patisserie
They have wonderful pastries and also quiches and croissants.

snerd475
02-17-2008, 10:13 PM
I look forward each time to having lunch at Sunshine Seasons in Epcot. Those Turkey Muffeletta sandwiches are SO good! I never get to eat at any of the TSs in WS because I have to have my turkey in The Land! Someday, I really have to eat in Italy again.

NJ Camper
02-17-2008, 10:26 PM
MK Cosmic rays
epcot Electric umbrella
AK pizza safari
DH backlot express
DTD earl of sandwich

#1 earl of sandwich close 2nd cosmic rays

#1donaldfan
02-18-2008, 09:12 AM
For us it's:

MK == Columbia Harbor House
AK == Pizzafari
EC == Yorshire Fish Shoppe (correct name??)
MGM == Toluca Turkey Leg (correct name??)

RoosMomKanga
02-18-2008, 09:46 AM
Where do you eat something OTHER than a burger?

... with little people I feel like we end up running to them or aren't hungry when I go to them!
I've NEVER eaten a burger or chicken sandwich at WDW as an adult. EC- We love the CS in Japan and China is OK.
MK- Pinnochio's- Tried it this trip and we both enjoyed the Turkey Panini (pizza's looked good also). I also love Columbia Harbour House.
DHS- Truthfully...we always get some McDonald's "Fairfax" Fries (sorry all). And I just realized I can't remember ever doing a CS here!
AK- Pizzafari- Good Italian sandwich with Caesar topping.

I know what you mean about kids and eating. When the kids are with us we always have booked a really late ADR for lunch (I'm talking 4pm sometimes). We have Breakfast early, I take & buy lots of snacks to tied them over, but a few hours before the meal I keep them hungry enough for the big meal. We eat our huge meal of the day around 4, it's a perfect break time and everyone is full. Then we just buy them something light later for dinner (sometimes all they want is fries or they'll split a sandwich late). It's worked out perfectly every trip for us with them.