PDA

View Full Version : Grocery Deliver? is it a good process?

Mackflava99
02-11-2008, 02:08 PM
Has anyone used a Grocery Delivery service ( to your room)
If so can you recommend a vendor and/or prove me any tips/hints about the best way to do it (ordering/recieving) -
How is the food quality? name brands? do they arrive on time?

Thanks-

dolphinmickey9170
02-11-2008, 03:11 PM
We used garden grocer in Aug and it was great. We didn't want to taxi over to the store, so we ordered on-line about 2 months ahead (this way they weren't booked for delivery). They do have a minimum order, but I think it's only $40 and delivery was $12.

We ordered milk, juice, cereal (the individual cups), diet pepsi, snacks and few other items. You set up the approximate delivery time. We were not at the resort to receive it, however, bell services kept the delivery in the refrigerator until we called for it to be delivered to our room. It was great. I recommend it for those who don't have their own car, or do not wish to take a taxi. I will be using it in May again. They were awesome!!

teambricker04
02-11-2008, 04:50 PM
I haven't used this but I have heard great things about it. I also saw that Goodings (which is just down the street from DTD) delivers as well and you can order it online. I do know that Goodings if very expensive at the actual store (I think we paid 3 times the amount for diapers). Also, I have read about posters using amazon.com to order food for delivery.

We had a car the last time and went to Super Target (my favorite place). It was okay, but such a waste of our time. This next time we'll be preordering things!

PS Also, if you need pharmacy things... medication, first aid kit, etc there is a pharmacy that delivers to the resorts as well, but I don't have the info on it.

mjesq
02-12-2008, 11:53 AM
Just used Garden Grocer for our trip - :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

jpH/keD
02-12-2008, 12:07 PM
We used garden grocer for our Nov 07 trip. We didnt get anything refridgerated but we ordered a case of water per room(3) and juice boxes and Diet Pepsi and other stuff. It was all separated out in our rooms when we arrived! We ordered online and it was no problem! We would use them again! :thumbsup:

ps my 300th post!

Simbafan73
02-12-2008, 03:05 PM
We have used Garden Grocers for the last 4 or 5 visits and have never had a problem.
The groceries are reasonably priced and the service is very good.
All the produce we have ever ordered is fresh and we have had no complaints whatsoever.

They are also very prompt and accurate with the delivery time you choose.

mouse-logic
02-12-2008, 03:17 PM
We used both Goodings and GardenGrocer. Both were reliable. I think Goodings is a bit more expensive--But I believe that we had more luck getting exactly what we wanted from Goodings.

Unless I am mistaken, Goodings is an actual store....the items you select come from that store and are delivered by a Goodings employee. I believe Gardengrocer uses independent contractors who receive your dispatched order, then go shopping for you. If the item is not available, they will either substitute if you agree, or just not get it if you don't.

That's how I undertand it, but I am sure there are others who may have more reliable info.

Anyway, both worked very well for us and we highly recommend either, rather than wasting your vacation in a grocery store.

playdead88
02-12-2008, 03:54 PM
garden grocer was great when we used them and we'll be using them again this year :thumbsup:

hubbyofadisneyholic
02-12-2008, 07:44 PM
We have used WeGoShop several times and plan on using them again in June.
They are very friendly to deal with, arrived right on schedule and were well worth the service charge.:thumbsup:

KAT1811
02-12-2008, 09:36 PM
. . . so we ordered on-line about 2 months ahead (this way they weren't booked for delivery).

Make sure you book VERY early!!! I spent months fine tuning my shopping list and when I went to submit my final order they were completely booked for almost all of our 11 day stay!!! I ended up having to pack a box full of stuff for the babies. Bottle liners, formula, wipes, diapers, the works!

teambricker04
02-12-2008, 10:02 PM
We have used WeGoShop several times and plan on using them again in June.
They are very friendly to deal with, arrived right on schedule and were well worth the service charge.:thumbsup:

Oooh. I have never heard of them before! I think I may be using them!

Jarrod
02-12-2008, 10:54 PM
We have used wegoshop several times and they have been great. They also stopped at a few different stores as well as a Liquor store to get all of our brand requests, etc. We were very impressed and pleased with their service.

Tink#64
02-13-2008, 12:19 AM
Wow! We've never used any of these but I think we'll give one of them a try this year! We've previously used a private town car service from the airport to the resort & they made a grocery stop for us, but since DME, we've either purchased in the food court or packed with us!

It would be great to get fresh produce & baked goods delivered!

Thanks for the info! :thumbsup: