PDA

View Full Version : May?

wendybird
02-11-2008, 12:52 PM
How are crowds and weather the first week in May?

teambricker04
02-11-2008, 01:25 PM
We went a couple of years ago at the beginning of May and it was nice and warm, but not too warm. I don't remember it being terribly crowded.

I sound real sure of myself, don't I :mickey:

We are going back this May, so it couldn't have been that bad!

PATinkFan
02-12-2008, 10:14 PM
Our trip last May was awesome - but hot!Temps were in the 90s most days, with a couple being close to 100 (but we had 100 degree days in October 2005). As for the crowds, the earlier you go in May, the better. We noticed that the crowds were noticeably larger after Mother's Day.

yjgirl715
02-12-2008, 10:22 PM
We went around the middle of May and it wasn't too bad- a little hot- but the only other time I went was in July so compared to that it wasn't bad at all. The crowds seemed small- we did use the fast pass here and there. The longest lines we waited in were for autographs. Hope you have a great time!

SAnderson70769
02-13-2008, 02:26 PM
Our family has been 3 different times during the last week of April / first week of May - we love this time! The spring break & Easter crowds are done and the mad rush of the summer crowds hasnt quite yet started then. It will be starting to get very warm during the day but it's definitely not miserable. Crowds are very manageable and you can catch the Flower & Garden Festival at Epcot. I think you'd have a great time during this period.

DisneyDog
02-13-2008, 02:43 PM
We've been there a bunch of times during the first week of May because we like to celebrate our May 1st wedding anniversary there. We will actually be arriving late night on April 30th to celebrate our 14th anniversary this year.

I think it's a great time to go. It's warm, but not summer hot yet. Not yet the rainy season, and crowds aren't too heavy. And it's the Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot.

AeroRnRer
02-18-2008, 08:26 PM
Our family has been 3 different times during the last week of April / first week of May - we love this time! The spring break & Easter crowds are done and the mad rush of the summer crowds hasnt quite yet started then. It will be starting to get very warm during the day but it's definitely not miserable. Crowds are very manageable and you can catch the Flower & Garden Festival at Epcot. I think you'd have a great time during this period.

That's good to know! We are going to be there the last week of April and first few days of May. Can't wait!

PirateLover
02-19-2008, 12:54 AM
We have been 2x in may. One time was the first week of may and the second was the third week of May. There was definitely a difference. First week was almost empty. It was absolutely amazing. Temps were perfect, in the mid-high 70s with a few days topping out in the low 80s. Third week of May was definitely more crowded, and temps seemed to stay in the 80s. We had no rain either time. The Flower and Garden festival is just beautiful.

SleepinB
02-19-2008, 12:16 PM
Another positive May traveler. As others have stated, we have found the earlier in May we go, the lighter the crowds. This is especially true at US/IOA. The later in the month we attend US/IOA, the more we encounter bus loads of school field trips.

Echoing earlier posters, the tempature is very warm, but not summer hot, while still allowing for shorts and short sleeve shirts at night. The Flower and Garden Festival is a nice plus.

You will love your trip the first week in May!