PDA

View Full Version : Wl Room Service/Counter Service for Breakfast?

mom2four
02-11-2008, 12:39 PM
We are staying at the WL.

How is the Counter Service for breakfast.

What about Room service breakfast.

How long do they both take?

Also, for Room Service can I pre-order the night before or do I need to call in the morning?

We are going to want to eat quick and run in the mornings.

If I do DDP we will do CS.

If I decide on DDxP we will do a few Room Service.

Any Thoughts?

Thanks!

Pirate Granny
02-11-2008, 02:08 PM
If you truly want a fast breakfast...order breakfast stuff from greengrocers (who will deliver to the hotel) or bring from home. We always ate at the Roaring Forks and brought the food outside to eat at the tables. There are only about six/seven tables outside and if you want an early start, I imagine they will be full, however there are lots of tables inside. Not sure how much extra room service is, but I have looked at the prices and I wouldn't spend that kind of money to have food delivered.
:pirate:

mickey&missy
02-11-2008, 02:14 PM
We never ordered room service at WL so I can't answer that part of your question.

Roaring Forks is good. It can get very crowded at peak times of the morning. Its not all that big. But, after staying at AKL and having the Mara there maybe my opinion is a little biased.

Gardengrocer (not green) has a website where you can order stuff and they'll deliever to the hotel. You can also pick something up in the park. The Main Street Bakery has yummy (and fattening) cinnamon rolls!

MonoMan
02-11-2008, 07:34 PM
We just returned this past weekend from one week at the WL Villas. We had groceries in our room for breakfast and snacks; however, we did go to the Roaring Fork one morning for breakfast - it was packed! One afternoon we had lunch there and another evening we went around dinner (all so we could have food while enjoying the pool. The place is definitely busy; however, I think most of the waiting and crowding is caused by the system they have in place - you have to wait in one line for certain items (ie: cereal/sandwiches) another for hot items (hamburgers/pancakes) and then another line to pay for everything. They seemed to be staffed well at the food stations, but there was only one cashier. By the time we waited for our food and then to pay for it, the hot food was only warm. My best advice is to have a plan - We tried to only get food from one food line, and if we needed food from both, we sent two people (one for each line). Good Luck - and the best thing is that all the food was really good!

pox24
02-12-2008, 09:15 AM
Roaring Forks is good but can be very crowded. The food is well prepared. For room service breakfast there is a menu card you can fill out the night b4 with selections and a half an hour window for delivery. We were there last month for our 6th trip and were not disappointed. In fact we ate a late dinner in the room for the first time and had breakfast brought up the morning we drove home. On both occasions everything came on time and was piping hot. No complaints from us. :thumbsup:

vamaggie
02-12-2008, 09:22 AM
last time we stayed at WL (in 04) we would "tag team" in the am. I am always up first so I would shower and get ready and then go down to Roaring Forks to fetch b'fast for the rest of the fam while DH & kids became human again (not a good morning crew!). We ate in the room and got ready in shifts so we could hit the parks at opening. I remember the food being good-never tried room service b'fast. If you do decide to eat outside by RF be aware that the birds can be kinda fierce and will try to steal your food if you are not watchful.

mjesq
02-12-2008, 11:39 AM
WE just got back and were lucky enough to have a reletively "uncrowed" week, so my experience may not be the same as those who were there for a packed resort...

We did order from Garden Grocer and kept cereal, milk and juice (as well as a case of water, yogurt and snacks!) in our room. Toward the end of our trip we discovered that we had lots of "extra" CS and snack credits so DH would run down for the Bounty Platter (pancakes, eggs, bacon, hash browns!) and bring the food back up to the room so the kids and I could eat while we got ready. YUM-MY!:thumbsup:

TheRustyScupper
02-12-2008, 11:49 AM
1) Room Service
. . . does deliver (doh!)
. . . cannot pre-order
. . . you must call in the AM
. . . based upon number of orders, can take 35-min to 55-min
2) Roaring Fork
. . . good variety of food types
. . . usually very crowded during prime meal times
. . . to save time, have different family members stand in different lines
. . . to get food, plan upon 15-min to 25-min

NOTE: Roaring Fork was rehabbed in 2006, and many of us think they messed it up. The food offerings did not change all that much. But, they now have different windows/counters for different food types and it causes a typical family (whose members like different breakfast foods) more time.

playdead88
02-12-2008, 03:45 PM
garden grocer rocks! we have used them in the past and the kids love having poptarts or whatever in the room so we can grab and go - we usually order stuff to eat first thing in the a.m and snacks to eat when we get back from the parks at night like pretzels, yogurt and crackers plus we always order water and gingerale - its nice not to have to run downstairs for a drink or a quick snack - we highy recommend garden grocer :thumbsup:

jillluvsdisney
02-12-2008, 07:20 PM
The one real flaw of of WL is that Roaring Forks is just too small to handle the size of the resort. It does not have a well thought out floor plan. Lines are often very long and they prevent others from access to the cold foods cooler that has milk, fruit and juice. Then the cash register line backs up and that blocks the beverage station where you get you pop or coffee.

I walked in at 10 am and it was mobbed. We went to IHOP. Another draw back is that there is not enough seating. There is overflow outside but if the weather is not good that will not help. I always saw a lot of trays being carried back to rooms.

brianlw71
02-13-2008, 12:00 AM
Room service at WL is good. Yes, you can preorder the night before. They leave a menu to hang on your door, and they pick it up late in the PM. You are given a 30 minute block, to check, to determine the time you want breakfast served.

šošalyssaluvsmickeyšoš
02-13-2008, 10:43 PM
We just got back from WL and the RF is very crowded if you get there late.The room service seems a little pricey but to each ther own.Try the canyon and dont forget to ask for KETCHUP!!!!!!!!!