PDA

View Full Version : Time to walk from Future World to Showcase?

mom2four
02-11-2008, 12:27 PM
How long would it take to walk from Future World to World Showcase in Epcot? the reason for my question is I am thinking about doing lunch there and then returning to future world. Time will answer my question.

Also - Can I walk from HS to Beaches and Cream?

You have all been so helpful.
Thanks!

mouse-logic
02-11-2008, 12:42 PM
Future World to World Showcase----depends on where in FW to where in WS. I believe that a brisk walk from the Main Gate at EPCOT/FW to the American Adventure (opposite end of the park) would take no more than 10-15 mins.

Yes. You can walk from DHS to Beaches and Cream (or take the Friendship). 15 min walk or 20 mins on the FS.

ThanxForNoticin
02-11-2008, 12:42 PM
The answer to your first question will vary. You can get from just about anywhere in Future World to the main entrance to WS in less then 10 minutes. Where you eat lunch will dictate how much longer it will take you. But even if you leave from the front gate and walk to the American pavillion (the longest walk you probably can make), it's probably less than 30 minutes of moderate walking. Once you know where you are eating lunch, you can then adjust your route. For example, if you eat in China, you'll go to the left when you get to WS. If you are eating in Canada, you'll go right.

Walking from HS to BnC is not a big deal - probably a 20 minute walk. You can also take the boat from HS right to the YC/BC, but you'll stop at Swan/Dolphin first, so I would get off the boat there and walk the rest of the way.

With all that walking, you'll be ready for a nice big sundae at BnC! Have a great time!

MOJoe
02-12-2008, 11:51 AM
For what it's worth, Epcot is so big that i really try to avoid backtracking. Seems like a waste of valuable time. Of course, it is usually unavoidable, with fastpass return times and such. But if it was me, i wouldn't PLAN to eat in Japan only to return to Future World.

diznee_buzz
02-12-2008, 12:03 PM
I think walking from the front gate to the American pavillion is about 20-25 minutes, depending on the age and number of everyone with you. We have 1:30 ADRs at San Angel Inn in Mexico, the first country to the left, so we will be fine returning to Future World if we need to. But the point was to finish Future World up and be ready for WS right after lunch.

But I wouldn't walk to Italy or America, just to go back into Future World when you are done - that's alot of backtracking.

Spaceship Tigger
02-13-2008, 07:39 AM
Looking at distances on a satellite image, it is right around a third of a mile from the front gate of Epcot to the start of WS. Then it is about a half mile from there either direction around to the front of the American Adventure.

So if you were walking at an average/casual 3 mph pace, it would take 6-7 minutes to walk from the front gate to WS and then about 10 minutes to go from there to the back of WS.

NJDad
02-14-2008, 05:22 AM
We walked from HS to Beaches and Cream a couple weeks ago when we had just missed the boat.

We didn't see another one pass us by the time we got to the Boardwalk, so walking is comparable in time to the boat.

moe513
02-15-2008, 06:52 PM
What is HS ???

Crow
02-15-2008, 09:56 PM
I spend the most time in Epcot WS
it depends on where you go.
the quickest way if you are going to YC/BC area is when you leave Futureworld go to the right thru Canada & England, exit via International Gateway towards Yacht & Beach Club
walking from Hollywood Studio to Epcot is about a mile, 20 min or so.
use the shortcut by the Boardwalk pool