PDA

View Full Version : HELP - What do I need to wear?

sminky
02-11-2008, 11:45 AM
We leave in 3 days for our first trip to Disney. :mickey: I am having a hard time trying to figure out what to pack to wear while we are there. We are going Feb. 15 - 18. Being from Ohio where it is 3 degrees right now, I can't imagine what to wear when it is in the 70's. I've been reading all the weather forecasts and it sounds like heaven to me right now but I still need some suggestions. Will we need shorts? Should we pack jackets? HELP!!

Jasper
02-11-2008, 11:57 AM
The answer is yes to all of the above. The weather can be fickle this time of year so I would even though it is a pain I would pack both long and short pants and take a jacket or sweater. Remember, even if it is in the 70's during the day it can easily dip to the 50's or even upper 40's at night so a sweater or jacket will feel good at night.

King Triton
02-11-2008, 12:16 PM
Jasper is correct. The weather can do anything this time of year. You may well have days that start and end cool, but are in the high 70's/low 80's in the middle, which is definitely shorts weather. Could be in the 40's at night/early AM too.

I'd hold off on packing until you're getting close and you can get a better idea of what the forecast is. Even if it does look warm, make sure you bring at least a sweatshirt.

teambricker04
02-11-2008, 01:13 PM
I am jealous. My feet are freezing and I can't feel my nose. 40s or 50s at night is like heaven!

Anyhoo... I think that you should bring layers, but remember if you are looking for something to buy you could always get a light weight jacket or a sweatshirt. Then you don't have to pack it and you could wear it home. Just an idea.

Have fun! I will be thinking of your trip when I am shoveling later today and tomorrow!!! :mickey:

Little Einstein
02-11-2008, 01:49 PM
We just got back and right before we left it was 20 below with wind chill and I pack jeans, sweatshirts, long sleeves and we hardly wore any of it. It was all t-shirts and shorts. I think after being in the freezing cold for what has seemed liked a really long winter, the warmer weather seemed almost "hot". There were a few days when I felt like it was pretty hot out but then I would see people in sweatshirts and wearing coats and I couldn't figure it out :mickey: Have a great trip!

Strmchsr
02-11-2008, 02:25 PM
The first part of your trip will be pretty warm - upper 70s to near 80, but Sunday and Monday will be in the low 70s and there is a possibility of rain on Sunday. You'll need something that you can add mornings and evenings and then shed late morning and afternoon.

Rekenna
02-11-2008, 03:13 PM
We are from N Kentucky (I feel the frostbite right with you) and went at the end of February last year. We were comfortable in jeans, t-shirts, and sweat jackets (tie it around your waist when the sun pops out). We were very comfortable the whole time. Pack a pair of shorts just in case-you can wear them more than once. Your'e in WDW-Mickey doesn't care what you look like!

Have fun!:wave:

heidi614
02-12-2008, 10:59 AM
We are in about 2 inches of snow and now ice pelets are falling! BUT, less than 24 hours till the Wonderful World of Disney!:clappy:

We are taking shorts for the day and light jackets, jeans or capris for the evening. I'm not taking any sweatshirts, etc. I always by one there for me and then where it home. We take a small bag for the locker or just take the bus back to the hotel to get prepared for the evening.
:mickey:

baby minnie's mommy
02-13-2008, 01:40 PM
It's tough packing this time of year, because you have to pack for cold and hot.

Bring swimsuits and sunblock!

Bring a light jacket or pullover for chilly nights or rainy/cooler times. (Or buy one while there.)
You could wear shorts during the day, but it might get to cool for them after dark.

We've noticed it seems warmer in the parks than walking around outside at home. Combination of buildings being windblocks, warm pavement, lots of people around, and lots of walking, I suppose.

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-13-2008, 02:02 PM
I went in Jan last year...the forecast called for 60's and 70's but it ended up in the low 50's raining. I was the only one in my family that packed for any kind of weather. Everyone else was cold because they didn't pack a sweater or jacket. I recommend packing a little bit of everything unless you don't mind having to purchase those items while you are there.

Disney Doll
02-14-2008, 07:31 AM
We always go in Feb and the weather is quite variable. IMHO it is not warm enough for shorts, but if you are coming from the North you may be used to cooler temps. I also don't think it's warm enough for swimming, but the kids usually swim anyway. I usually wear jeans, a t-shirt, and a light jacket for mornings and evenings. In the afternoon I tie my jacket around my waist and go in short sleeves. It's still pretty cool in the early morning and evening so dressing in layers is a must. You should also bring a heavier jacket and some long sleeves because you never know. We have pictures from two years ago where we wore coats and gloves to AK.

mouse-logic
02-14-2008, 10:00 AM
... We are going Feb. 15 - 18. Being from Ohio where it is 3 degrees right now, I can't imagine what to wear when it is in the 70's. ....HELP!!

Us too. We'll be there 2/15-2/18. We'll race you to the FP line at Soarin.

Anyway, we were there last year for the same week....it was a bit chilly. This year's weather definitely looks more promising. We're taking shorts & T-shirts for the days, a sweat-shirt or jacket for those evening fireworks displays...and we are bringing a swimsuit for our ritualistic mid-day break at the pool. I will have one pair of Jeans (wearing down on the plane) and one pair of long khakis for a nice dinner at Citricos.

MsMin
02-14-2008, 10:20 AM
I would definitely be prepared for cool temps b/c as mentioned it can vary and layers can be shed.
Our weather changes 30-40 degrees in a day very often. It's nice to have a sweatshirt for the cool mornings and at night when the temps drop even in the 50's with the wind and humidity, exposure especially in EPCOT it can get chilly when watching Illuminations b/c you aren't moving very much. I had to put a sweatshirt on this morning to walk the dogs but I know by this afternoon it will be warm enough for t-shirts and shorts and another cold front is coming. Cold snaps are very short lived and mid day can be very warm especially in Feb.
Spring is definitely in the air and you can see sunburns on some already. (from the parades at Mardi Gras)
Also remember if you have babies in strollers or elderly w/ limited mobility they will feel the cold a little more than others. Have a great trip.