PDA

View Full Version : Free DDP in Sept - Will they or Won't they?

Marker
02-11-2008, 11:31 AM
If they are to again offer the free dining plan during September, when would they likely announce it?

Have they ever offer the free dining plan at any other time of year?

disneymom15
02-11-2008, 11:52 AM
I was told they usually announce it in April.

ali'sdad2003
02-11-2008, 12:39 PM
The last several years the first couple of days in April are for Disney Visa cardholders only and then it opens to the public a couple of days later. We have our trip booked and are waiting to get the new discount code. We are going to book our meals anyway.

:mickey:

Pop Century 9/20-9/27 :cool:

GrmGrninGost
02-11-2008, 12:44 PM
Keep your eyes open as the dates have fluctuated a little over the last few years.

2005 - late March
2006 - first week of April
2007 - second week of April

In the past, Disney Visa holders were given the offer three days ahead of the general public. Even when it seems all the rooms are taken with the offer for the Visa holders, there are still rooms allocated for the general public. I do advise, if you know the date you want to go, to go ahead and make your ressies. Also, make your dining ressies at the 180 mark if possible. When/if the offer comes out you can call IMMEDIATELY and have them add that offer to your accomodations. If they don't have the room you booked with that offer available, ask about other resorts. Please note that you will pay rack room prices for your room. We still feel it is the best deal but others here will disagree. You have to do the math to decide for yourselves. Also, if you find that you will not use the free dining and therefore will not be eating at some/all of the TS restaurants you booked, please call ASAP to cancel the dining reservations so others will have a chance to book. Hope this helps!:mickey:

In case you are wondering, the free dining in my signature was part of a promotion offered to guests staying at WDW in Sept 2007. We got free dining if we booked this year's vacation before we checked out. This leads me to believe that they will probably offer it this spring. Good luck!:mickey:

TBY2225
02-11-2008, 02:54 PM
I also have the free dining in September 08 due to the bounceback plan. If you haven't booked yet, book through Magical Journeys. If free dining is announced, they will change the reservation for you. Last year they were on the ball right when the lines opened and had them done before most people got out of bed! If not, they may be able to find you another kind of deal.

dumbo_buddy
02-11-2008, 04:26 PM
in the past, how was the deal offered? did you receive something in the mail alerting you of the offer? or did you get an email about it?

come april, i will have my eyes peeled for any sign of the free dining - mail, email, smoke signals, whatever!

TBY2225
02-11-2008, 04:30 PM
I am pretty sure I remember seeing it on the front page of Intercot. Where the lastest news is posted.