PDA

View Full Version : Speculations - options for family of 6 1/2

Marker
02-11-2008, 10:56 AM
Let's say I was going to plan a trip for the whole clan.

Along with the wife and I, we have

Daughter - 21
Son 27

Son 24
Daughter-ln-Law 23
Grandson 2

This could be done with 2 value rooms, but more comfortable 3. I know some possible options, but I thought I'd throw it to the crowd. Perhaps someone will mention something I hadn't thought of.

Cost is a factor, so less expensive is of course better than more expensive, but I'm listening to all ideas and suggestions.

Thanks folks.

BelleCiavo
02-11-2008, 12:09 PM
Well, you could all fit in one cabin if your children don't mind sharing a room. I would rent points from a DVC owner and get a two bedroom villa; depending on when you go it would cost between $2700-3500 for a week (approx. $300 a night sun-thurs & $600 a night fri & sat during Adventure season.)

Marker
02-11-2008, 12:34 PM
if it matters to anyone's suggestion, it would probably be 4 or 5 nights, and probably during a value season (if possible).

BelleCiavo
02-11-2008, 12:40 PM
if it matters to anyone's suggestion, it would probably be 4 or 5 nights, and probably during a value season (if possible).
If you stayed Sun-Thursday during value it would be $1500 (or so) if you rented points. I think that's a good deal especially since you get a full sized kitchen, free laundry and lots of room.

mouse-logic
02-11-2008, 12:52 PM
Multiple value resort rooms will be the cheapest on property (unless you like to camp).

Renting DVC points is the cheapest way to get you all into the same Disney accommodations--and the best accommodations.

Another option would be to rent off property through one of the home rental places. You can rent a 5 bedroom house with a pool rather cheaply. But, you leave the magic behind every day. Kinda sad.

Go for the DVC Villa--you won't be sorry.

Marker
02-11-2008, 01:13 PM
How does one go about renting DVC points. Is that something that can be done through normal reservation channels?

BelleCiavo
02-11-2008, 02:56 PM
I can't link the place I use, but Google "rent dvc points" and it should be one of the top results. The first three letters of the word "disney" is the first part of the board's name.

Disney Lynn
02-12-2008, 08:45 AM
If you want to save money with 6 1/2 people, I'd saty off-site. There are so many rentals around WDW! INTERCOT has a company link, although we used a different company (which I can't name on this site). But the company we used is really geared to WDW tourists (for instance, all their properties have cute Disney names.)

The house we rented was Goofy's Guesthouse and was located in Kissimmee right near the access road to get to WDW near the AK. Do a search on "vacation rental Kissimmee"; our rental was in a development called Emerald Island (where all the homes and townhomes are rentals through various rental agencies). You can rent a house with 5 bedrooms, 3 baths, private pool, etc for about $150 a night. Plus you have the convenience of a full kitchen, washer and dryer (this could come in handy with a 2 year old!).

TheRustyScupper
02-12-2008, 11:54 AM
1) I agree that staying off-site might be best.
2) You could easily get a 4-5 bedroom house for Disney room prices.
. . . tv in every room
. . . usually get an outside pool
. . . many times includes a hot tub or sauna
. . . full kitchen and living room
3) To stay on-site, I would go with the others and rent DVC points for 2-bedroom.

javamama
02-14-2008, 05:28 PM
Last year we had 6 adults, a 3 year old, and an 8 month old and we stayed in a 2 BD Villa at the WL---it was perfect for us. We had a dishwasher for bottles, sippy cups, big fridge, microwave for baby food, plus the washer and dryer(we didn't use it). It was great we had 2 baths, we all fit comfortably and it was worth the $$ IMO.