PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan question (not covered by FAQ)

SAHDad
02-11-2008, 09:15 AM
I think I know the answer to this, but figured I would ask:

DW and I are taking a trip next year (Jan 2009) for our 10 year anniversary. We are thinking about one of the dining plans. We're using DVC points, so we have to add it, but the question is this:

If we buy the plan in, say, March, and they make changes in October for 2009, would we still get the DDP as we bought it in March (price, amount per meal, etc), or would we then be covered by the 2009 changes?

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-11-2008, 09:58 AM
The plan takes "affect" on the day that you check-in, so you'd be subject to the plan in place on that day...so yes, if it changes after you book, you'd still have the new plan.

SignguyTom
02-11-2008, 11:10 AM
When you are using DVC points, you have to request the DDP be added to your ressie at least 4 days (I think) prior to your arrival. You cannot pay for it ahead of time, but you must pay for it when you check in. The rules in effect at check-in are the ones that will apply. Though they can make changes at any time, generally they announce the changes in the fall (-ish) but they don't take root until the first of the year.

Have a great time!

:mickey:

TheRustyScupper
02-11-2008, 11:28 AM
The above posters are correct.
. . . you buy the DDP prior to your arrival
. . . you can pay for it when you arrive
. . . you are subject to prices and terms effective at check-in time

NOTE: Review the info that was sent to DVC members last year, also on the website.

SAHDad
02-11-2008, 12:06 PM
Thanks everyone. That's rather what I suspected. I hadn't looked at the DVC site yet - we're using my FILs points, so I need his password, etc.

I'm leaning toward the plan, since (as two adults), we can actually go the more expensive (and time-consuming) restaurants. With an infant and a toddler, any sit-down without a character on our last trip (just last month) was somewhat difficult.

Actually, I might crunch the numbers for the Deluxe version. I'd like to try some of the signature restuarants.