PDA

View Full Version : Disney Outlet?

rcaide
02-11-2008, 09:01 AM
I just spoke with a coworker who told me she was at our local mall this weekend and she saw a Disney Outlet store. She said it was new. I haven't been at the mall since Christmas so I hadn't seen it. Does anyone know anything about these stores? The other mall I frequent is about 20 miles away and it has a regular Disney Store but I have never heard of outlets in local malls. I am excited to go and check it out. :thumbsup:

mickey&missy
02-11-2008, 09:56 AM
One just opened in our local outlet mall within the past few weeks. I haven't been yet. I was planning on going today but the weather is prohibiting me from taking little DS out. Maybe tomorrow! I'm not getting my hopes too high. They haven't too much good stuff at the regular disney store since children's place bought it. We'll see!

Darbylew
02-11-2008, 10:05 AM
We have an Disney outlet near us. It is in
Foley, Alabama. It is about 30 miles from us
here in the panhandle of Florida. Great deals.
:mickey::D

DisneyDog
02-11-2008, 11:26 AM
I used to go to the one in Estero, Florida when I lived in Naples. They had stuff from the parks and the resorts that had been discontinued. I got some great things there. They are opening one at the Philadelphia Premium Outlets near my house. Supposed to open in Spring. I hope it's just as good as the one I used to go to in Estero!

BeccaO
02-11-2008, 12:27 PM
They just opened a Disney Store Outlet here where I live. We have a huge outlet center here and the Disney Store just opened a few weeks ago. Let me tell you, the store is beautifull!!!!!! When I walked in, I was like whoaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is nicer than the store at our local mall. Now, you have to be careful because even though it might be in an outlet shopping center, it may not always be a true "outlet" store. A lot of people don't realize that. And, I think this may be one of those instances because the prices were not really outlet prices and they had a lot of new merchandise. Unless the store says outlet in its name, it usually is not an outlet. Anyhow, they really did a fabulous job on this store and it is awesome!!!!!:thumbsup:

rcaide
02-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the input.This store is not in an outlet mall it is in a regular mall and my friend said that it is called Disney Outlet. I haven't been yet so I have no idea what it is like. She said she saw shirts with a regular price of $22 marked for $9.99. I can't wait until I get a chance to get over there.

Bethis26fan
02-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Where at in SC? The disney store I go to is in Pineville NC and it a regular disney store. The one I go to when I'm on vacation in the mnts is an outlet and it mostly has good deals on stuff.

rcaide
02-11-2008, 02:31 PM
Hey Beth:
It opened last week (I am guessing) in the Rock Hill Galleria. If you are in York, this should be even closer to you. I always go to the one in Pineville, too. I can't wait to go and check it out.

Bethis26fan
02-11-2008, 02:40 PM
This is kind of funny I posted that on my lunch break from home and by time I got back to the court house my cousin had called to tell me it was there. We are going to go check it out this afternoon. My cousin also said there's a coupon in todays herald for 10% off of your purchase if you bring in that ad. I'll let you know what we see this afternoon.

rcaide
02-11-2008, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the coupon info. I will be on the lookout for one in The Herald when I get home. I had some stuff done to my eyes today so I can't see very well or I would be headed there after work. My Teenage DS is picking me up and I am sure he will not want to take me to the Disney store. He's too :cool: to go there.

Bethis26fan
02-11-2008, 08:58 PM
Just back from checking it out. It's a lot of disnyland stuff, there are some pins and stuff as well, but just about everything says disnyland on it. I bought a couple little toys to take on our october trip to leave in the room for my nephew from "captin jack" for being good. But I only spent $10.00. Which isn't much when it comes to disney shopping there just wasn't anything I really wanted.

rcaide
02-12-2008, 08:36 AM
Wow! Only $10! They must not have anything good. I saw on the ad that it is a limited time only sale so I guess it won't be there long. My husband is taking me out for Valentine's Day tomorrow night and I told him I wanted to stop at the Disney store. I am having eye problems and can't drive. I need another procedure on Valentine's day so I won't be able to go out then so we are going early. Thanks for the info. :mickey:

Bethis26fan
02-12-2008, 08:53 AM
No problem. Hope everything goes well with your eyes.

BMan62
02-12-2008, 04:58 PM
They just opened a Disney Store Outlet here where I live. We have a huge outlet center here and the Disney Store just opened a few weeks ago. Let me tell you, the store is beautifull!!!!!! When I walked in, I was like whoaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is nicer than the store at our local mall. Now, you have to be careful because even though it might be in an outlet shopping center, it may not always be a true "outlet" store. A lot of people don't realize that. And, I think this may be one of those instances because the prices were not really outlet prices and they had a lot of new merchandise. Unless the store says outlet in its name, it usually is not an outlet. Anyhow, they really did a fabulous job on this store and it is awesome!!!!!:thumbsup:

Are you talking about the new store in Rockvale Square over in Lancaster County? I've been dying to go over there.

Walt Lucas
02-12-2008, 05:32 PM
where in Pa. are these stores? I'm heading to the Poconos this weekend and we're planning on going to Dutch country and Philly while were in the state. any info would be great.

DisneyTwinsMommy
02-12-2008, 06:16 PM
They just opened one where I live in Hershey, PA... To me, it looks like a big Disney store... They have lots of things at regular price, but... they did have a HUGE sale section... bigger than ANY disney store... And the prices were outrageous! I got my twins... 2 sweatshirts, 2 pairs of jeans, 4 PJ pals sets, 2 sippy cups, 2 button down shirts, 2 hat/glove/scarf sets, 2 bouncing balls and 2 fleece blankets... I also got a t-shirt for myself and a thermal mug... and i spent...... $53.00!!!

Disneymom4ever
02-12-2008, 06:26 PM
DisneyTwinsMommy- That is amazing! I can't believe you got all that for $53.00! I wish I lived closer, I would definitely check it out. (Actually, I would love to go to Hershey Park as well!). We went to the one in Myrtle Beach, SC, but I wasn't impressed. They are opening a store up at the big mall close to here in Concord, NC, I believe it's an outlet store as well. I hope it's a good one! :thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
02-12-2008, 07:25 PM
DisneyTwinsMommy- That is amazing! I can't believe you got all that for $53.00! I wish I lived closer, I would definitely check it out. (Actually, I would love to go to Hershey Park as well!). We went to the one in Myrtle Beach, SC, but I wasn't impressed. They are opening a store up at the big mall close to here in Concord, NC, I believe it's an outlet store as well. I hope it's a good one! :thumbsup:

We had hoped the one in concord was going to be open before christmas but it wasn't it. I hope to in a few months go check it out.

Walt Lucas
02-12-2008, 08:37 PM
very cool, thanks for the info :thumbsup:

BeccaO
02-13-2008, 12:03 PM
Are you talking about the new store in Rockvale Square over in Lancaster County? I've been dying to go over there.

Yes, it's in Rockvale Square, its in the section behind Cracker Barrel, by secret sneaker. Its basically a brand new Disney Store like you would see in the Mall. It is beautifull!!!!!! I really don't think its an "outlet". If you are at all familiar with the stores down there at Rockvale and Tanger, some of them are not outlets, it's kind of deceiving. I have to laugh at some of the tourists that come here just to go to the outlets, thinking they are getting really good deals, when you can go to Bon-ton or any other department store around here and get the same stuff for a lot less!!!! If you get the chance to visit the Disney Store at Rockvale, go for it, its awesome!!!!

SurferStitch
02-13-2008, 01:52 PM

We went to that one the weekend before Christmas. It's a very nice store. It had all the same stuff a regular Disney Store has, so there was nothing special. Prices/sales were the same as our local Disney Store. There wasn't any park merchandise there. The good thing is they were stocked up, so I was able to get some Christmas items that had sold out at our local store.

Walt Lucas
02-26-2008, 06:12 PM
Just got back from my Pa. Trip this past Saturday. I had the chance to go to the Disney Store in Hershey (right across the street from Hersheypark, how cool!) Anyway, i was able to get some great deals there. I don't know if it was because it was Presidents weekend when i went, but most of the store was 60% off and the prices were marked down to begin with!
I am a big Nightmare Before Christmas fan and just my luck, they had alot of stuff on sale. I was able to get a pair of NBC shoes, a denim jacket and a shirt for less than $30! thanks for telling me about the store!