PDA

View Full Version : Neatest Souvenir You Ever Purchased?

TFrauts
02-11-2008, 01:42 AM
What is the coolest souvenir you have ever purchased at the parks? I remember ...about 20 years ago, I purchased a dog leash with wire in it...shaped to look like a was walking a 'ghost dog'...and also a little light bulb that turned on when I touched the bottom of it!! I purchased them both at the haunted mansion gift shop...this past year when i was there they were refurbishing it...Do they still have these type of neat thing??
What was your neatest souvenir?

jwildflower1981
02-11-2008, 08:28 AM
I saw somebody walking their ghost dog in MK in December,not to far from HM so I'm sure they're still sold there.

goofysbabe
02-11-2008, 09:41 AM
I think my neatest are the pictures I have taken at the Kodak stand as you come off Figment. Every year we stop in there and have photos of our kids taken with their favorite characters. They turn out really nice and are great for the scrapbook!

biodtl
02-11-2008, 10:48 AM
I remember ...about 20 years ago, I purchased a dog leash with wire in it...shaped to look like a was walking a 'ghost dog'
I still have mine from the late 70s-early 80s. I remember seeinf people with them and being amazed, so I was thrilled to get one.

On the last trip, I'd say the Star Wars photo, with the kids' faces added in.

JerseyMouse
02-11-2008, 12:53 PM
The last two years, we've gotten a couple that have really stood out.

Two years ago, we bought a Stitch clock that has Stitch on a surfboard siting on a mini slinky above the actual clock. When a truck goes by our house, the living room shakes a little and Stitch bobs up and down like crazy!!

Last year, we bought a print by Larry Dotson that he signed for us at the Art of Disney at Epcot. It is a beautiful print of Sorcerer Mickey on Hollywood Boulevard at MGM..oops, Hollywood Studios.

Quasimodo
02-11-2008, 01:02 PM
My DD bought the ghost dog leash on a recent trip. So they still carry them.

The neatest items I purchased were two Haunted Mansion tombstones. Each one has the face of one of the Hitchhiking Ghosts on it and an inscription from one of the tombstones in the graveyard. One says "Dear Departed Brother Dave. He Chased A Bear Into A Cave". The other says" RIP Cousin Huet. We All Know You Didn't Do It." The ghost's face lights up in a blueish color when plugged in. Used them on Halloween night. They looked really cool at night.

julyjewel
02-11-2008, 01:04 PM
When visiting Epcot this past summer, we stopped in the UK. My husband and I got my maiden name and our married name family crests made with our wedding date on it. We love it!

Jeff
02-11-2008, 01:24 PM
We have bought a lot of different things; some expensive, some cheap. My favorite, however, are 2 Mugs - I drink my morning coffee from them most everyday. One is a WDW/Mickey mug personalized from the Dixie Landings "gift shop" that says Happy Fathers Day 1998. My daughter "bought" it for me. The other is just an Epcot Mug with all the flags on it and a great/comfortable handle.

Sometimes the simplest things are the most memorable.

cgriff
02-11-2008, 02:14 PM
This item probably doesn't qualify as an answer to the original question, as I did not get it from one of the parks (though it may be available at the parks, I am not sure); furthermore, it was technically a "freebie" and not something that I purchased. But anyway... The Disney item that I seem to be the most fond of at the moment is my Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest iPod skin that was one of a few free gift promotions through the Disney Movie Rewards website. I can't tell you the number of positive comments I get from people who see my PotC iPod!

cgriff

DakotaDisney
02-11-2008, 06:53 PM
I always like to get some type of item of colthing other than a T-shirt. Preferably something nice enough to wear to work.

I got a polo shirt at Disneyland and a necktie at Epcot but they weren't anything really special, though I do really like them.

On my last trip to WDW in '07 I found a shirt that isn't quite nice enough to wear at work except for casual days, but it is different from and nicer than a T-shirt. It is a nice baseball jersey with the year on it for the jersey number and WDW with Mickey and friends. I really love it and have had lots of good coments about it.

sneezyone
02-13-2008, 03:09 PM
my favorite? easy peasy lemon squeasy...

I'm a watch-a-holic and from my name you know I'm a big fan of sneezy..(even the license plate on my car is SNEEZY (the state issued one))

so for our 5th anniversary, he got me a watch made with sneezy's picture on it, then had it and the original artwork framed with
Happy 5th Anniversary and the date on it.

This year will be our 10th...may be we can get another? LOL.

DreamFinder2
02-13-2008, 06:43 PM
I can't believe no one's mentioned the WDW Mr. Potato Head yet! I know, it's really over-priced and kind of hokey...but I love mine! I purchased two adult potatoes and two "little spuds", so I've got a family of 4 to decorate.

I love the WDW hats, pizza, shoes & balloons you can buy for the spuds to "hold". And you can make them up into the Little Mermaid, Goofey, Mickey, etc...

...definitely my favorite souvenir! :thumbsup:

MMouse6937
02-13-2008, 08:40 PM
I have a snow globe from 2000 that has spaceship earth inside it that lights up, there are the countries around the base, the wand on the outside (I know, I KNOW, the wand) and 2000 on the very top. Way collectible and cool to look at. Makes me remember what a magical trip that was!

trublueeyore
02-14-2008, 10:23 AM
I love the potatoe head pieces too! My kids and I search the stores to find out who has the most new pieces. Then we stuff our box full. My favorites are Lilo's feet, Ariel's hair and my Mickey ice cream! I can't tell you how many times we drag out our box and spend a hour on the floor playing with them.

poohbearlover15
02-14-2008, 12:28 PM
Every year i get a pooh bear mug i have six of them and i love trying to find one every year!

Lisaj13
02-14-2008, 02:03 PM
I love my Finding Nemo mint tin. The mints were finished a long time ago, but I still have the little metal case and keep re-filling it.

The reason I love it? I love puns, and on the case it says "Shark Reppelemints" and "Sharks hate fresh breath".

conwayjohn71
02-14-2008, 05:08 PM
Well it s not for me..............

my wife is a purse nut

so every trip I end up spending another $100 plus on some Mickey purse that she will use for about a month then it is handed doen to the DD's who really love them

For me I am a Donald fan so I always look for a new Donald watch or shirt

WDW24
02-14-2008, 05:30 PM
The best souvenir I purchased was probobly my Pal Mickey.:blush:

I know it's silly, but, I love Mickey, so, when I first saw it, I had to have it.

Even now, I have every version.:blush:

goofy for pluto
02-14-2008, 07:55 PM
I love my Mickey watch that I bought at the Yacht Club gift shop.:mickey:
My DS loves his Mickey head that he bought while we were waiting for Fantasmic to start.
It lights up and you can change the sequence of the lights so that it makes some very cool designs as you swing it through the air.
We both love his Mickey sorcerer hat that has Mickey ears and lights up.:smickey:

snerd475
02-14-2008, 09:52 PM
My very favorite of all time is the little plush Mickey that I bought when I was 10, on my very first trip to WDW that I won for making a funny face. He is about 8" tall, is made of plush material except for his face, which is plastic, and he had a red bib that said Mickey. (the bib is the only thing that fell apart). He has some type of bean bag material in his legs, I think. I was in 5th grade, and when I brought him to school, my friend Donny and I would make him do back walk-overs and flips. I still have him after 33 years. I'd take a photo, but I think I packed him up when we were clearing out my dd's collection of stuffed toys. I just may have to visit the attic just to get him out.

In the modern world, however, I love my Captain Jack Sparrow travel coffee mug that I got in December. I drink out of Jack's head every weekday morning, and look at his sexy brown eyes all day. mmm