PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

disneymaster
02-11-2008, 01:13 AM
So, I am starting to think about my next solo trip to disney already. Got back in Dec. from an 8 night solo stay and it was one of the best times of my life. Something about going alone makes it so much better. Anyways, on to the questions!

1) I am really wanting to check out halloween events and the party this time but I really love x-mas time around the world. What day does the last halloween party happen normally and what day does the x-mas one start? If I went from like nov 3-13 would I be able to see both holidays?

2) When does disney announce AP holder discounts for this time and what is the normal price for a room at pop?

3) This is about the summer trip with the family we are planning as well. Does disney ever offer APH discounts in the summer? Most likely it will be sometime in may right when school gets out. When do they let you book rooms with this discount and how much is it if they offer it?

Thanks for the help!

faline
02-11-2008, 08:42 AM
In 2007, the last Halloween party was on November 2nd and the first Christmas party was on November 12th.

I'm not sure when annual passholder rates are announced. I'd suggest booking with Magical Journeys. (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/) If passholder rates are released for the dates you plan to be there, they'll change your reservations to include the new, discounted rates. You won't need to track anything!

jakeybake
02-11-2008, 04:57 PM
You mentioned that you went solo again.

I am taking my first ever solo trip the first week of March for a work convention.

I was wondering if you could tell me about your experience going solo and give me any tips you may have.

This is probably my only solo trip ever and I want to make the most of it.

Thanks!
Jay

DakotaDisney
02-11-2008, 06:43 PM
I have one solo to WDW as well and I am planning on going again solo some time in the future.

You can do whatever you want to do. You don't have to wait for others and they don't have to wait for you. So, plan your day the way you want! Take your time at whatever pace you want!

Some rides and shows have single rider lines and sometimes on the rides that don't, they are looking for a single rider to fill a vehicle/seat,etc. So wait times for rides can go faster. Just keep your ears and eyes open for CMs looking for one person. Or as they walk by let them know you are by yourself.

Sometime wait times for restaurants is also quicker, becuase you are not with a large group that requires more space.

The only draw back is not having someone to share the experience with. But if you don't mind meeting new people you can strike up conversations with CMs and others.

biodtl
02-12-2008, 10:45 AM
Solo WDW is my dream trip, though it will probably never happen. I am an only child who loves going places and doing things alone. but now that I am married and have kids, I would feel too guilty to go alone, since spending the money on a solo trip would eat the vacation fund and we couldn't do a family trip.

But I keep hoping for a work conferecne in WDW...