PDA

View Full Version : Coldplay's new CD

mjstaceyuofm
02-10-2008, 11:05 PM
OK - let me show my "middle-age"-ness here a bit...

I was watching TV the other day and happen to catch a concert on HDNet from Coldplay. I'd kinda heard of them, but didn't really know any of their songs or what they were all about. I saw about half of the concert on HDNet and was really impressed. I set the DVR to record a replay of the concert from the middle of the night to catch the full thing and have watcheda it a few times. Whoa - are these guys good!

Since then I've downloaded 3 of their albums from iTunes and see that they have a new album coming out in March of '08. Hopefully they tour this year too. It's been ages since I've seen a concert and if their stage presence/sound is half as good as their filmed concert and live album that would be amazing. Anyone else out there like Coldplay? Hear anything about their new CD?

NotaGeek
02-11-2008, 12:02 AM
I have loved Coldplay for a long time. Great music and real musicianship! I haven't seen them in concert but most of my friends have and they all had rave reviews for their performances.

No idea about their new CD, and there's no info on their official site. No doubt we'll hear about it though.

Melanie
02-11-2008, 06:11 AM
We've been into Coldplay for a number of years. They are a particular favorite of my husband's. :piano:

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
02-11-2008, 07:13 AM
There was a phase were I really loved Coldplay and I have seen them live once and own the concert-DVD but I have outgrown them I think..the last album was allright but it has been several months since I last listened to their songs.

I did hear some info about their new album, it will have spanish influences and Brian Eno is producing

mjstaceyuofm
02-11-2008, 11:11 PM
I did hear some info about their new album, it will have spanish influences and Brian Eno is producingI also heard Brian Eno was producing.... That's a big PLUS in my book; I think he's a great producer. The spanish influence should be interesting too. Just looking forward to it.

PirateLover
02-12-2008, 12:10 AM
Huge fan ever since Yellow was released as their first single back in 2001 was it? I never saw them in a full concert, just one of those radio station ones where bands play for a 1/2 hr to an hr. They were great. Also own their concert DVD and love it. I've liked all of their albums (although X&Y is probably my least favorite, I still like it a lot) and will buy the new one.