PDA

View Full Version : Anxious much?

Carolanne
02-10-2008, 10:08 PM
So I booked our yearly Mother/Daughter WDW trip (just me & mom, yay!) a couple of days ago :mickey:. We go together every year and I still get excited about it. I booked it for October 2nd to October 7th at the Pop Century (one of our faves). Anyway, I went through the WDW list of restaurants, trying to find a few that we haven't been to yet. Decided on all of our restaurants, wrote them all down in my planner, called the Disney Dining line, told the wonderful CM I wanted to book some ADR's, the CM was more than happy to help me, asked me when I would be arriving in WDW, I told her 10/2. After the slightest of pauses, the CM told me, "Oh. Ok, well you're on the right track. You're calling early, but you're calling a little too early." Feeling so good about the upcoming trip & so confident, I said, "Six months ahead, right? That's why I'm calling." She said, "You're right. You can call six months ahead of your arrival. So, you're going to give us a call back on April 2nd. That will be your six month mark." What? OMG, she was right; in all my excitement, I lost the ability to count. Why did I think I could call in February for an October trip? Um, yeah... The CM was very nice, but I was so embarrassed. I squeaked out a "Thank you" and hung up quickly. At least I was able to provide that CM with some entertainment for the day :blush:

BronxTigger
02-10-2008, 11:29 PM
If it makes you feel a little better, for some reason I keep thinking its April. This whole month. I suspect it's partly because (I'm a teacher) and we get a week off the 3rd week of February and again the 3rd week of April. But the thing is....I do this every year. Wait until April...I'll be calling it February. :shrug:

ElenitaB
02-11-2008, 12:03 AM
That's okay... on January 29th, I was absolutely, positively convinced that it was Feburary 29th, and that I shouldn't worry at all about the totally crummy morning I was having. Needless to say, I was slightly wrong about the date :blush: but didn't realize my mistake until late morning.

elmjimmlm
02-11-2008, 12:58 AM
This will make you feel great about your call...I called last week just hoping for a slight chance that I could make some for our DECEMBER trip...She told me that I could call back JUNE 30th!!!!!!!!! I told her that I was embarassed and she told me that I was not the first one to call in Jan. for a Dec. trip:blush:

Carolanne
02-11-2008, 10:13 AM
I knew I could count on my fellow Intercotees to make me feel better--thanks! Lol, when I told my DH about what I did he looked at me & said, "You're sick. You need help." :mickey:

FaithTrustPixieDust
02-15-2008, 10:26 AM
So let's have 2 different countdowns going:

FIrst, a countdown to the 180 day mark when I can call and make my ADR's. Then, a countdown to my actual trip! Maybe that will make it seem closer!! :mickey: