PDA

View Full Version : PO - French Quarter vs. Riverside?

TanyaB
02-10-2008, 07:34 PM
We're currently planning our trip for July and we're thinking of staying at the Port Orleans hotel simply because the Caribbean Beach's pool is under rehab.

If you had a choice over the French Quarter or the Riverside section of the resort, which one would pick, and why?
Thanks!
Tanya

T--
02-10-2008, 07:56 PM
The Quarter. It's smaller and probably less crowded. Nice jazz bar and a dragon slide at the pool for the kids.

Check into the bus stopping order to and from the parks if you'll be using them.

You can use both facilities from either resort, pools, mugs, etc (I think, someone correct me if I'm wrong, it's been 3 years since we stayed at the FQ).

Piglet822
02-10-2008, 08:06 PM
I've stayed at both and prefer the French Quarter because it's smaller. We were in building 6 or 7 (I can't recall now) and it was a short walk to the food court, bus stop and the pool. I love the theming of POFQ over that of POR as well. POR is nice also but it's a much larger property.
POR and POFQ are sister resorts and you are able to utilize the pools and all other facilities at both of them equally.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-10-2008, 08:25 PM
We've stayed at both, and would stay at either again.

However, FQ is our favourite, for a couple of reasons:

#1 - the size. We love that it is small, nothing is too far away, the pool, the busses or the main building.

#2 - the busses. We like being first on and first off when Riverside and FQ are sharing busses.

#3 - DD loves the pool, and DH loves the beignets in the food court.

So, if you can, I would choose FQ. You can visit the restuarant at Riverside, it is a short walk, bus or boat ride away.

#1donaldfan
02-10-2008, 09:50 PM
Can't argue with what you've read so far, but I'm going to suggest POR Riverside. We always stay in the alligator bayou section and absolutley love it !!!! Riverside is much, much bigger but it's designed in such a way that everything is pretty much centralized. Our food court is very good and Boatwrights has the best breakfast ANYWHERE in the world. We have 5 quiet pools, one signature pool with a very nice slide, hot tub and a bar (if that's your cup of :marg: or :beer:) , playground for the kiddies.....and much more.......:thumbsup:

pogo
02-10-2008, 10:03 PM
You can't go wrong with either one ! :D

Carolanne
02-10-2008, 10:19 PM
I prefer French Quarter to Riverside, for the same reasons the other posters are giving--size of the resort and the buses. If you're looking for romance, I've heard that Alligator Bayou is the way to go, though.

Kairi_7378
02-11-2008, 08:39 AM
You can't gor wrong with either resort. We liked Alligator Bayou in POR, and we enjoyed our courtyard view at FQ. The nice thing about these resorts is that you are essentially getting 2 resorts for the price of one! You're only a very short walk from FQ if yu're at RS, and vice versa. Because of FQ's smaller size, it can be hard to get into at certain times of the year so if you decide to go there, book early!

pamickeys
02-11-2008, 02:18 PM
Riverside all the way. it has more of everything that FQ has, and the grounds around it are so beautiful, so walking to anything won't seem that long at all.

JerseyMouse
02-11-2008, 03:21 PM
Riverside for DW and I

1) Quiet pools
2) Full service restaurant
3) Piano Bob in the lounge

That said, I wouldn't hesitate to stay at FQ if Riverside wasn't available. FQ is great for all of the reasons mentioned!

Like choosing pepperoni or sausage on your pizza, can't go wrong either way!