PDA

View Full Version : Down Town Disney Resorts

PetefromRI
02-10-2008, 07:21 PM
I'm just wondering if it's at all possible to walk to Down Town Disney from any of the DTD Resorts.

Piglet822
02-10-2008, 08:01 PM
The only resort you can walk to DD from would be Saratoga Springs.
There is a boat you can take from all of them. It's a very pleasant ride.

MsMin
02-10-2008, 08:10 PM
Do you mean the ones like the double tree? I'm sure you could walk but I don't know about a sidewalk. I stayed there in Feb. 04 and took the car to DTD just b/c the traffic is so heavy and it's not geared for walking.

DizneyRox
02-11-2008, 06:15 AM
Yes, it's possible to walk, however if you want to is another story. The traffic as mentioned is pretty crazy.

Also remember, there is no transporttion from DTD to the parks.

CleveRocks
02-11-2008, 07:48 AM
When people say "Downtown Disney resorts" they can mean 2 different things.

It can mean the hotels along Hotel Plaza Blvd., which is kinda across the street from DTD. Although that is all Disney-owned land, none of those hotels is Disney-owned. Some of their advertising might call them "official" WDW hotels, but they are not Disney owned-and-operated resorts. You CAN walk to these.

It can also mean the 5 WDW owned-and-operated resorts that are designated (mostly for internal use) by Disney to be in the DTD area. These include Saratoga Springs Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside, and Fort Wilderness Campground. You can walk from DTD to SSR, but you can't walk to any of the others.

Piglet822
02-11-2008, 09:46 AM
Do you mean the ones like the double tree? I'm sure you could walk but I don't know about a sidewalk. I stayed there in Feb. 04 and took the car to DTD just b/c the traffic is so heavy and it's not geared for walking.

You would think I would remember these resorts, lol :blush:
There is a sidewalk so walking to DD from these resorts is a definite yes.
From the Disney resorts other than Saratoga I do not recommend it. There are no sidewalks nor is there even a large shoulder in which to walk on. It would be quite dangerous.

DDuck66
02-11-2008, 01:33 PM
There was even people walking from outside the "DTD Resort Area" (Sheraton Safari and Suites), but it looked pretty crazy with all the traffic turning into DTD from Apopka Vineland Road. Most of the motels have a shuttle. I would use it to get to the park and then consider the walk back...if the traffic was not to bad.

PetefromRI
02-11-2008, 05:52 PM
I should have been more specific.I mean the DoubleTree and others.I don't know that I'd ever stay there though but I was just curious .Some of them look pretty nice but I have to admit that I like the resort transportation and staying right in Disney.

Donald A
02-11-2008, 05:57 PM
We stayed a night at the Regal Sun Resort last month for a night and the walk to the Marketplace was very easy as that is one of the closest hotels on the Blvd. in that area. It was literally out the hotel and across the street.

Eeyore's My Favorite
02-11-2008, 10:35 PM
We've stayed at the Wyndham 3x, and 2 times we took the bus to DTD because the traffic in front of the hotel is horrible. The last time we went we took our own car over there. The Wyndham is a great resort & I'd highly recommend it. :number1:

MOJoe
02-14-2008, 01:07 PM
I walked to DD from The Grovesnor several years ago. It was right across the street. Not sure, but i believe the name of that hotel has changed since then.

sloslo
02-14-2008, 01:24 PM
The walk from the SSR will take a while unless you're in the Congress Park section, I believe.
If you're staying at the hotel plaza blvd resorts, you can easily walk from the Buena Vista Palace (formally the Wyndham) as well as the Hilton. Both of them are right across the street. You can also walk from the Royal Plaza but it will take a good 20 minutes. Have fun!