PDA

View Full Version : Gift Baskets

Tink&Goofy
02-10-2008, 06:53 PM
We are arriving on Easter, and would love to have some gift baskets in the room for the kids. I have looked online at the Disney Florist, but I was wondering if anyone has used anyplace OTHER than the Disney florist for gift baskets, and how it turned out.
I would love to have some small Disney themed baskets (rather than the typical Easter basket).
Also, is it ever possible to have these in your room when you check in? Since are arriving Easter evening, I would really like them to get their Easter surprise that they missed when leaving so early in the morning.

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-10-2008, 08:01 PM
I don't know about any other florist.

However the Disney florist can have the baskets in the room when you arrive. My husband surprised me with 2 gifts from them last time and they were fabulous.

I'm thinking about doing something for him next time.:secret:

MsMin
02-10-2008, 08:06 PM
They are great w/ putting extras in the basket too. I got one basket for my kids but wanted 3 of each item instead of the 1 or 2 and they were very helpful. If you call them they can most likely fill your order to meet your needs.
I thought that I read somewhere that other florists can only deliver to the resort and not to the room??

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-10-2008, 08:14 PM
I too have only used the Disney Florist!

They are awsome, and customized the baskets to exactly what I wanted, adding some items and changing others.

The delivery was awesome, we came back from the park and the baskets were there!

TheRustyScupper
02-11-2008, 11:56 AM
1) Baskets are seldom in the room when you arrive.
2) If staying Club Floor, this can be possible sometimes.
3) There are too many instances when your assigned room is not given to you.
. . . the room is left dirty, so not used that night
. . . the room has a mechanical problem
. . . the room is given to someone else (most common)
4) Then, the basket gets to someone else.
5) However, it can be at the Front Desk
. . . given to someone upon check-in
. . . brought up to room "sometime" after check-in

NOTE: Baskets are delivered to the rooms only by the "Front Desk Runner", not the florist. Due to scheduled rounds and other duties, no time of delivery can be arranged or guaranteed.

Von-Drake
03-20-2008, 10:34 AM
Did anyone ever find any alternatives to the Disney Florist? Maybe it is just me, but they seem a little pricey.

JMTStone
03-20-2008, 06:53 PM
I just figured out we'd be there for Father's Day. I just ordered a Pirate/Beer bucket for my DH. I know it was pricier than what I would normally get him, but its a nice surprise.

I haven't heard of any other company that supplies gift baskets to the resorts.