PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Place For Breakfast

elmjimmlm
02-10-2008, 02:04 PM
If you are anything like us breakfast is one meal that we like to do at Disney...Where do you like to go?

dolphinmickey9170
02-10-2008, 02:10 PM
We love all the choices you get at Crystal Palace, hot stuff, cold stuff, meat, fruit, pastry, eggs, cereals........So much good stuff and Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore and Tigger to boot, how can you go wrong!!

DisneyorBust
02-10-2008, 02:30 PM
Crystal Palace for us. We have had good breakfasts at 'Ohanas and Chef Mickey's but there is something special about being in the Magic Kingdom before park opening followed by a great breakfast.

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-10-2008, 02:36 PM
I voted Crystal Palace. :number1:My DH and I enjoyed it so much. We had pics with all the characters. One even twice! I'm not much of a breakfast eater but I really enjoyed the food. My favorite was Pooh's Breakfast Lasagna. Everything was very fresh. I'll definitely being doing this again on my next trip.

BigRedDad
02-10-2008, 03:28 PM
I chose Tusker House under the assumption it is much like the old Donald's Breakfastsaurus. That was the most quaint character dining experience I ever had. The interaction and amount of time with the characters was incredible. We stayed there for about an hour. We had at least one character at our table for at least 45 of those minutes.

The last time we ate at Crystal Palace, we were seated at a table where the characters just went through. Over an hour later, they circled back to our table. Because we were two adults, the total time with the characters was less than 3 minutes. They stepped up, took a picture and moved on. I even told the manager there I would never do that place again because of the service.

johnsouthjersey
02-10-2008, 03:47 PM
I voted for Crystal Palace, though our family favorite in '05 and '07 was Donald's Breakfastosaurus. We always had a wonderful time there. Have not been to Tusker yet, so could not vote for it.

DisneyDD2
02-10-2008, 04:54 PM
CP for my family. The fruit seems so fresh!

Bethanymouse
02-10-2008, 04:59 PM
I had to vote for Chef Mickeys! It is one of my absolute favorite breakfast spots! The characters are all the classics and the food is good. Plus I love watching the monorail go by as I eat!

Shugoondola
02-10-2008, 05:13 PM
I voted for Chef Mickey's. I also like Boma and Fresh at the Dolphin for breakfast.

:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-10-2008, 08:28 PM
It's not one of the poll choices, but we're huge fans of the stuffed french toast at Boatwrights!

#1donaldfan
02-10-2008, 09:36 PM
I chose CRT because we have yet to eat there....one day maybe.....anyway, you forgot your fav.....Donalds Safari Breakfast !!!!

Jared
02-10-2008, 10:08 PM
I didn't vote in the poll because you forgot my favorite restaurant for breakfast: Boma!

My family rarely eats breakfast, but we will make a special trip to Animal Kingdom Lodge for Boma.

:tasty:

KAT1811
02-10-2008, 10:42 PM
We love all the choices you get at Crystal Palace, hot stuff, cold stuff, meat, fruit, pastry, eggs, cereals........So much good stuff and Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore and Tigger to boot, how can you go wrong!!

All that and you can enter the parks before everyone else. That way when we are done eating we are half way into the parks and that much ahead of the crowds!

SurferStitch
02-10-2008, 10:44 PM
That was a really tough choice for me, but based on food alone, I chose Tusker House.

Our favorite for characters and their interaction is definitely 'Ohana. Stitch always makes a huge deal over everyone, and he always fusses over my plush Stitch backpack.

Our favorite for atmosphere and location is Crystal Palace. It's so nice have a great breakfast, and looking out the window at Cinderella Castle.

It's just two of us (me and DH), and we always have great character interaction wherever we eat. I am just happy to get a photo with them, then let them get moving to the next table filled with anxious children. :D

Our very favorite place in all of WDW for breakfast is the Grand Flo Cafe.

02-10-2008, 10:52 PM
Crystal Palace for us. We have had good breakfasts at 'Ohanas and Chef Mickey's but there is something special about being in the Magic Kingdom before park opening followed by a great breakfast.

I agree and also getting pictures in front of the castle with no one in the background.

Natazu
02-10-2008, 11:32 PM
Jym's Top-7 Best Breakfast TS at WDW:
7. Spoodle’s
6. Concourse Steakhouse
5. Boatwright’s
4. Kona Café
3. Boma
2. Olivia’s
1. Grand Floridian Café

LibertyTreeGal
02-11-2008, 08:48 AM
I would have voted for the Main Street Bakery -- but then I hate to sit down for a big meal in the morning :blush: and their French Toast Loaf is to die for!

poeticeclipse
02-11-2008, 10:33 AM
I didn't vote!

I've only done Crystal Palace and 1900 Park Fare for breakfast and I only like 1900 Park Fare.

1900 has strawberry soup and Mad Hatter. Those two things set me up to have a perfectly magical day.

Crystal Palace was really really busy and loud and we didn't see all of the characters even though we sat there way longer than the other tables that we were seated around. The food just isn't all that great IMHO. Nothing special.

SurferStitch
02-11-2008, 12:50 PM
1900 has strawberry soup and Mad Hatter. Those two things set me up to have a perfectly magical day.

They have the strawberry soup at breakfast? I've heard rave reviews about it, and wanted to try it, but didn't think they had it at breakfast!

GrmGrninGost
02-11-2008, 06:36 PM
All are good, but Chef Mickey's is just plain fun! I love that place for breakfast! :mickey:

Hull-onian
02-11-2008, 07:18 PM
I had to vote for Tusker House because I have never been to the other choices for breakfast. However, we are going to Kona Cafe, Chef Mickeys, and Boma for breakfast this trip. We are looking forward to all our meals.:thumbsup:

Mickey91
02-13-2008, 12:43 AM
Chef Mickeys. Crystal Palace was a close second.:mickey:

kaylamag
02-13-2008, 09:13 AM
During our recent trip we had breakfast at 1900 Parkfare and Ohana's. I would definately choose 1900 Parkfare over Ohana's. The food and character interaction were much better.

CU Tiger
02-14-2008, 01:09 PM
We have always liked the variety available for breakfast at Chef Mickey’s and also the characters that attend. :mickey:

WriteDisney
02-14-2008, 01:21 PM
This was a great thread! :thumbsup:

I voted for Tusker House because of Kusafari (There connected so I figure close enough). Last time I was there we would hit up EE and then scale back for breakfast at Kusafari and then go back for more rides afterwords. It was a great location and you could get pastries as snacks (on DDP).

Next trip we're planning doing a character breakfast at the Cape May Cafe because we LOVE! the beach club :cloud9: Can't wait!

5fromabove
02-15-2008, 01:17 PM
:cloud9::party: We hope to go there for breakfast/brunch every trip. Love all the choices, the food is great, atmosphere fun...love everything about it! :)

sillyolbear
02-15-2008, 02:08 PM
All are good choices. For a non-table service breakfast, I enjoy something from the Main Street Bakery with a cup of coffee sitting at one of the outside tables watching the MK crowd entering for the day.