PDA

View Full Version : Has any taken a 19 month old?

dolphinmickey9170
02-10-2008, 02:03 PM
Please tell me of your experiences with a one year old to a water park. I would like to hear all the good and bad. Thanks

merlinmagic4
02-10-2008, 03:05 PM
I took my son who had just turned one to Typhoon Lagoon last April. We really liked it! We got a spot inside Ketchakiddie Creek and someone stayed there with him throughout the day while we all took turns doing different things. He loved just playing in the little creek and in the sand. I'd do it again if you have enough people that some can venture off to do different things and someone can always be hanging out there with the baby

Oh, and we all did the lazy river; it was fun!

adhale
02-11-2008, 07:16 PM
We took dd19months to Blizzard Beach last April. She loved the little kids area.

wendy*darling
02-11-2008, 08:53 PM
Well, he is almost 18 yrs now :D, but I did take my then 18 month old to Typhoon Lagoon and River Country waaayyyy back when.

He LOVED the kiddie sections. He could sit in the water and splash, go down the little slides, etc. We did the lazy river at TL too. Lots of fun.

It was just he and I, my DH and then 4 yr old DS. Dad and older DS hung together and I stayed with the little one. We didn't make a whole day of it- but enough time to really enjoy each water park.

I agree with the poster above- if you have a group of people that can take turns watching the baby- it would be more fun. I had no complaints, but some may not want to just hang out with the baby and not do anything else at the park.

Your travel group size and composition should play into your decision to go or not.

kakn7294
02-13-2008, 02:21 PM
Hey Kristen, we took now nearly 13 year old Stephanie when she was 13 months old to Typhoon Lagoon. We went late in the afternoon - I think about 3p when the park closed at 5p. We only had a couple of hours but it was nearly empty. She loved the lazy river and the wave pool just at the edge. She also liked the kids area and it wasn't crowded with older kids right then so it was nice for her. She liked Shark Reef too, watching the "fishies" from the underwater windows. I guess the bad would be that someone is always "stuck" watching the little one while the others play. If you like water slides and such, it can be a real bummer but if you're like me and never ride them, it's not such a bad deal.

momof3+twins
02-16-2008, 11:22 PM
Hi. I haven't taken any of my toddlers to Disney waterparks but to Great Wolf Lodge.
You WILL spend a lot of time in the kiddie section. We felt that they were too brave in even the kiddie pools. They fell and went under a lot. If you have older kids that you want to spend time with then a grandparent would come in handy.
Bottom line- I personally would not go to a waterpark for the toddler. I would only go for the older kids. Yes, a toddler will have a ball. But, the parents, not so much fun!!