PDA

View Full Version : Beaches and Cream

Catzle
02-10-2008, 11:17 AM
Can someone tell me what this? I did a quick check on intercot info. but it's always more fun to hear first hand experiences. Also how to get there from the Poly or should we just got when we are in Epcot?

Jared
02-10-2008, 11:42 AM
Beaches & Cream Soda Shop is a relatively small table service restaurant at the Beach Club that serves lunch and dinner but specializes in its sundaes and milkshakes.

The ice cream is absolutely delicious, so don't eat here if you're not planning to stay for dessert. The most famous item on the menu is the Kitchen Sink: A scoop of every flavor in the place smothered with every topping. Bring a horde and try to finish one.

From the Polynesian, the easiest way to reach Beaches & Cream Soda Shop would be to exit Epcot through the International Gateway and either walk or take the boat.

Good luck!

:tasty:

Quasimodo
02-10-2008, 11:56 AM
Some advice: Don't try to walk in after 9 pm. Once EPCOT closes, that place gets very crowded. I was staying at the Beach Club one time, and wanted to get a sunday around 9:30 pm. I walked down to Beaches and Cream and the line was out the door!

There is a walkup counter that you can order from without a reservation. But I can't remember if the entire menu is available there. The sit down area requires reservations. So if you really want to eat there, make a reservation before you go.

The theme is that of a 1950s malt shop. The menu is about what you would expect from a malt shop. Burgers, fries, milkshakes, ice cream, etc.

If you order the Kitchen Sink, you need to have at least 3 or 4 people to help eat it. It is HUGE. Its more than two people can eat. They will make a big deal out of it in the restaurant too. Everyone will know you're getting one.

LudwigVonDrake
02-10-2008, 12:03 PM
I ate there once and the food was decent. The Kitchen Sink is HUGE. When I was there some guy was trying to finish one on his own and while I don't know if he did, it looked impossible :mickey:

splashtest
02-10-2008, 12:11 PM
I can't wait to give the kitchen sink a try when I am there in April.

Pirate Granny
02-10-2008, 12:12 PM
I tried recently to make a reservations...and was told it's walk up only...cannot reserve 180 days out...
:pirate:

luvdiznee
02-10-2008, 12:53 PM
We went to Beaches n Cream in December when we were staying at BWI. We had arrived at our resort a little after noon. Once rested we took a walk over to BnC and were seated within 10 mins. Burgers are great. Enjoy. :mickey:

SgtTigger
02-10-2008, 08:00 PM
The burgers are great.... they cook them as you order them.......

I wish they would bring back the Lime-rickey though.....

it is a must do on every trip.....

:cop: :tigger:

ElenitaB
02-10-2008, 09:04 PM
The Lime Rickey is gone? Noooooo! I was so looking forward to it.

If you're at Epcot, the fastest way is out the International Gateway between France and the UK. If you want to go directly from the Poly, the quickest way will be to take a bus to Disney's Hollywood Studios and then the boat from there... it makes a stop at the Beach Club (or you could just walk there from DHS' bus stop in order to work off some of those ice cream calories in advance of having them ;) ).

JerseyMouse
02-11-2008, 03:26 PM
God, how I could go for a double cheeseburger from B & C right now!! Best burger in WDW, and the place as a whole is a load of fun.

Six us of Intercotees successfully tackled the Sink a couple years ago. I'm a big eater, there is no way I'd even attempt to down one myself, not my idea of fun.

joanna71985
02-11-2008, 03:29 PM
I love Beaches and Cream. The first time I ate there was last summer, when me and a friend had a Kitchen Sink challenge to see who could eat more of one (yes, I am dead serious. I "attempted" to eat a whole Kitchen Sink by myself). Let's just say that I lost...badly.

They have the best burgers and shakes. Soooo good (great, now I want one).

Tygger7
02-11-2008, 03:33 PM
Some advice:
There is a walkup counter that you can order from without a reservation. The sit down area requires reservations. So if you really want to eat there, make a reservation before you go.

I tried calling at my 180 day mark and was told that they do not accept ADR's at Beaches & Cream...it's walk up only. Given that, we're going to try and hit it at an off time...late lunch/early dinner. Can't wait...been dreaming of the Kitchen Sink for 2 years now. :cloud9:

SgtTigger
02-11-2008, 07:21 PM
The Lime Rickey is gone? Noooooo! I was so looking forward to it.

Yes it is gone..........

As far as walking up I have never had to wait very long....

AS long as you dont try right at noon you should be ok.....

:cop: :tigger:

DakotaDisney
02-11-2008, 07:36 PM
A lot of people really talk about Beaches and Cream on Intercot.

I have not heard a lot about it elsewhere other than the "Kitchen Sink" menu item.

Is it really worth a special trip to BC just to eat there?

It sounds fun.

rcaide
02-11-2008, 08:55 PM
My husband fell in love with this place in December. We had never tried it before and both of us were impressed. We are planning a week's stay for this December and we have already blocked out 2 lunches at Beaches & Cream. We think it is definitely worth a trip over there.

Quasimodo
02-11-2008, 09:12 PM
I tried calling at my 180 day mark and was told that they do not accept ADR's at Beaches & Cream...it's walk up only. Given that, we're going to try and hit it at an off time...late lunch/early dinner. Can't wait...been dreaming of the Kitchen Sink for 2 years now. :cloud9:

I apologize for the misinformation. I thought they did. I do remember not being able to get in one time because they were full. There is a hostess stand out front that you have to check in with. At least during busy times.

rj
02-12-2008, 09:54 PM
It is worth the trip. The hamburger is pretty good not to mention the ice cream etc.

Best to go when at Epcot. You can walk to Beach Club from Epcot.