PDA

View Full Version : Moderate ?s... mainly Caribbean Beach

MissTink
02-10-2008, 09:37 AM
Just returned from 8 awesome days @ WL with DBF & my family... his first visit and he loved it!!! So excited because he wants to return in Oct :mickey: We're talking about extending it to possibly 10 days so to cut costs I was telling him about the mods, mostly CBR. He liked having the Territory Lounge @ WL and I was wondering if there was any lounges or bars @ CBR or any other moderates?

disney100%
02-10-2008, 09:47 AM
My DH and I have only stayed at moderates. Our favorite is POR, but CBR is a close second. POR has the lounge River Roost inside the Riverside Mill, which we particularly enjoy. CBR has the Banana Cabana, but it is outside. Since we usually go in February, the weather is not always warm enough to enjoy a drink outside. Last time we stayed there, I was drinking my pina colada in a thick sweatshirt and warm pants - this attire does not really add to the Caribbean atmosphere! :mickey: But, it was still enjoyable.

trennedy
02-10-2008, 12:43 PM
We stayed at CBR in Oct. '04 and had a blast. We liked the outdoor lounge, Banana Cabana. It was fun to sit outside and relax by the pool, and have everything we needed right there. I'm not sure if it is undergoing renovations like the pool... It is great though. We stayed in a prefered locations so we could be closer to it all. Enjoy!!

Disney5Mom
02-10-2008, 02:09 PM
:beer:The Coronado Springs has both an indoor and outdoor bar. We really enjoy this resort

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-10-2008, 02:13 PM
:beer:The Coronado Springs has both an indoor and outdoor bar. We really enjoy this resort

My DH and I too both really enjoyed this resort. It is our favorite of the moderates. I personally hated CBR.....I've had much better experiences at La Quinta than CBR. We stayed for 10 nights and I'm glad that wasn't my 1st experience with a Disney resort.

CS is great though. The transportion is wonderful. You never wait more than 5 or 10 mins for a bus. The bar is right across from the Pepper Market which is a wonderful food court.

Disney4
02-11-2008, 01:28 PM
Just a reminder:

I'm not sure when the remodeling at CBR is going to be complete, but the bar will be closed during that time. I have ressies for June and was told that slides were being added to other pools and portable bars would be deployed with a limited menu - definitely not the same experience.

Double check on construction completion date for CBR to be sure.

buzz2001
02-11-2008, 01:59 PM
CSR has three lounges. Siestas which is pool side, Laguna which is lakeside and a new disco type lounge with live entertainment called Rix. The old Francisco's is gone.