PDA

View Full Version : Epcot for DS 9th B-day - were to eat!

mom2four
02-10-2008, 08:31 AM
My son will be turning 9 while at WDW. I have posted a few times as we are nailing down our itenerary. As it stands right now. We are going to go to Epcot for the day and if we have enough energy, spend the evening/nigh at HS for EMH.

I just made an ADR for Coral Reef for lunch and am planning on doing Beaches and Cream for dinner before switching parks.

Any thoughts!!!

Pirate Granny
02-10-2008, 10:46 AM
Make sure you allow enough time as Beaches and Cream is walk up reservations only. The few times I've tried to get in at dinner there has been a 90 minute wait (2 people).
:pirate:

Kairi_7378
02-10-2008, 11:04 AM
Sounds like a great birthday for your son!

Jared
02-10-2008, 11:48 AM
Another table service option for lunch at Epcot is Garden Grill, a character meal in the Land pavilion overlooking the Living with the Land attraction.

The restaurant actually rotates as you enjoy a family-style meal with turkey, steak and fried catfish. Everything is fresh from the greenhouse below.

The food is probably better at Coral Reef Restaurant, but Garden Grill is a little more fun and may be a better option for a ninth birthday.

Just something to think about.

:tasty:

ElenitaB
02-10-2008, 09:14 PM
We've celebrated DS' birthday at Garden Grill several times, and go there just about every trip (bday or not).

In our opinion the food is rather good (love that catfish) but the character interaction is why we go back so often. And they've always made a fuss over my DS' birthday (our last bday celebration there was for my DS' 11th, my cousin's DGD's 10th and another cousin's 5?th).