PDA

View Full Version : Disney Gift Cards For Dining?

laguna
02-09-2008, 10:39 PM
We have a couple of Disney gift cards and are wondering if these are accepted for payment at the character dining meals such as 1900 Park Fare or Garden Grill? Thanks for any info.!

splashtest
02-10-2008, 12:13 PM
If they are for Disney World, I would imagine them being acceptable. I only know of Disney Dollars, maybe the gift cards are something new?

Tinkermom07
02-10-2008, 01:12 PM
They are accepted for meals. As part of my budgeting plan, I calculate the cost of each meal and get a gift card in that amount. I write the name of the meal on the back of the card, and all I have to do is leave the tip. Since this year I'm getting the DDE, the 18% tip is included but I get a 20% discount, so I'm not even worrying about tips. I did find last year without the DDE that tips were not allowed to be paid for with the gift card. We do about a dozen table service/character meals per trip, and this was the case everywhere.

02-10-2008, 01:13 PM
We used the Disney gift card for a lot of our meals and for shopping. I'm assuming you can use them just about everywhere in Disney. Your receipt will tell you how much is left on the card. Very convenient. We found them to be much easier to use than Disney dollars.