PDA

View Full Version : HELP! We have too many choices and want to stay EVERYWHERE!

teambricker04
02-09-2008, 10:28 PM
We are taking our first LONG trip to WDW this spring after my DH graduates with our DS ages 3.5 and 11 mo at travel time. We have gone loads of times, but mostly long weekends, at most 5 days. Usually we stay in the Family Suites, a AS room, or the cabins. We are going to spend more money this time, but have more options than we had anticipated.

Here are our choices:
Beach Club, standard room
Boardwalk, standard room
Boardwalk, conceirge level
SSR, one bedroom villa
FW cabin

I would love to stay at BC or BW, and DH is leaning to the conceirge level at the Boardwalk. Then I think the villa would be nice since we have two small kids and there would be a washer/dryer in the room.

Is the conceirge level worth the money? How is the transportation from SSR? We like the idea of walking to EPCOT and DHS.... Any insight or opinions would be appreciated!

tiggersgirl
02-09-2008, 10:55 PM
You should really stay at the Beach Club. I have always wanted to check out the pool! Not to mention you could meet Art the doorman- Terry knew him and intro'd me to him when I met her at work. He has also been on Travel Channel shows with Samantha Brown!

Not to mention, the quick walk into the WS and also Beaches and Creme- get the kitchen sink sundae............:sick:

Wish we could go with you but we are going for my b-day and our 5 year anniversary...:wine:

teambricker04
02-09-2008, 11:06 PM
Buttttt...... we could still walk over to Beaches n Cream, which I am almost certain we'll do :mickey: Oh, and I will get the kitchen sink, but do I have to share???

I do think Terry would have liked us staying at the Y&B. :)

Now, I need someone who knows something to answer this. Ha ha... Just giving you a hard time TG!!!

CaptSmee
02-09-2008, 11:12 PM
I'd lean towards the Beach Club. Never stayed there, but would love to if it weren't so darn expensive! To me if for the same price or less I can stay at a MK resort, it's worth it to me to stay at one of them. Beach Club is an awesome resort though, i've visited it many times!

wendy*darling
02-09-2008, 11:25 PM
What about a 1 bedroom villa at Boardwalk?

We love the Beach Club and the Boardwalk. And we have also stayed at SSR and in a FW Cabin.

For us- the Epcot resorts get us closest to the parks we like best- Epcot and DHS.

A 1 bedroom- if it's in your price range- is wonderful. The washer/dryer is nice- but the whole feel of the villas can't be beat. I think it's worth more than concierge.

The BC has the best pool- no question, but with kids as young as yours- that's not as much of a selling point. When they are 7-10 or so- BC is the place to be!
We like the atmosphere at BW better anyway.

I think that the cabins are nice- but if you don't have a car- it's very cumbersome to use the internal and external bus service.

The buses from BC or BW- and even SSR are fine.

BigRedDad
02-10-2008, 02:04 AM
I'd say BC with the pool for the kids. To me, I don't think Concierge is worth it. You would have to eat a lot of snacks and drink lots of alcohol to make up the price difference. If it was true concierge, then it would be worth it. At Disney, it is just an expensive perk to make more money.

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-10-2008, 02:47 PM
I'd say Beach Club. They have a great pool. At night they have movies on the beach on a big screen. Beaches n' Cream is great! This is one of my favorite Disney resorts.

KAT1811
02-10-2008, 04:59 PM
I To me, I don't think Concierge is worth it.

Agreed. I do not feel that the extra money is really worth it. Especially since we do not spend all that much time in our resort. I'd rather spend the $$$ on some great meals than Concierge.

I would say out of your choices, the Beach Club, the pool is great for the little ones.

As a mother of 3 DDs (our last trip was this year and they were 10, 2 1/2, & 10 months) I would recommend looking into one of the monerail resorts. The ease of the monerail for traveling with little ones is amazing. We hate to fold and unfold the stroller everywhere we go, on and off the buss and most of our time is split between the MK & Epcot (although we visit all of the parks). When staying at a monerail resort you can push the child and trinket filled stroller right onto the monerail and then right off and into your resort, no hassle.

Whatever you decide good luck and congrats to your DH!

teambricker04
02-11-2008, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the advice! From all of you and what I have been reading, I think we are going to skip on the conceirge this time around.

We have narrowed it down to:
Most likely the Beach Club (where my most fabulous Aunt Terry worked at and loved)
Second choice is Boardwalk

I am going to check and see if we can do the one bedroom villa at the boardwalk. If so then we'll do that, but if not BC here we come!

wendy*darling
02-12-2008, 07:14 AM
Most likely the Beach Club (where my most fabulous Aunt Terry worked at and loved)
Second choice is Boardwalk

I am going to check and see if we can do the one bedroom villa at the boardwalk. If so then we'll do that, but if not BC here we come!
The Beach Club Villas also have one bedroom units. In fact, all of the DVC properties have one bedroom villas.
So if your first choice is the Beach Club, check there for the 1br.

moe513
02-12-2008, 07:30 AM
I pick resorts because of their location. The bc/yc/boardwalk have great location.

WDW24
02-16-2008, 08:55 AM
:mickey:You're right the BW and BC have fantastic lcations and great accommodations!:thumbsup:

Well, the boat ride to epcot is about 5mins. and DHS 10.

The rooms are spacious and are very nice.

Next, the pools are probably the best in WDW! The BC is sand bottom! Also, in the BC pool, the slide is really cool!:thumbsup: Even though the BW pool is a very close second. the theming is really cool, and the slide is like a roller coaster!

rj
02-16-2008, 09:05 AM
Out of the ones you mentioned I would go with the BC. However, given the age of your kids, you will likely be spending a lot of time at the MK.

In that case you may want to consider the Poly for the quick access to the MK via the monorail, not to mention how nice the Poly is.

teambricker04
02-16-2008, 09:26 AM
We made our reservations! BC here we come! Thanks for the advice on the concierge... we skipped it this time around!

What made us pick the BC? All the great comments on the hotel, and the locations to our two favorite parks: EPCOT and DHS. We can't wait to hang out at the pool... sand bottom... The beach without the beach! Great!

No can do on the villas this time around, but maybe at the BC the next time... or maybe we'll have to be DVC members!

Thanks for your help!