PDA

View Full Version : Dale Jr wins bud shoot out

Bethis26fan
02-09-2008, 10:23 PM
Dale Jr won the shoot out. I hope this is a sign of things to come this year. What a great way for him to start the year, first time out w/ hendricks and he won. Great team work and all.

Jeff
02-09-2008, 10:34 PM
That was a fun race to watch.

What's up Teresa?

SurferStitch
02-09-2008, 10:45 PM
YES!!! So great to see him in a winning car again! As much as I hate to see him with Hendrick, at least he'll have good cars this year.

Go Junior!!!

I hope Teresa is having a baaaaaaaaad night tonight! :thedolls:

WDWfanatic742
02-09-2008, 11:05 PM
My family was laughing that he won his first race being in Hendrick. I'm wondering if I should root for him now since I am a Hendrick Fan :D

Womble
02-10-2008, 04:48 AM
First time in the UK they showed the whole shoot out live!:)
AND
I forget to record it!!!!:mad:

Don’t forget Nascar fans, Intercot has its own fantasy race league. It’s just for fun.
If interested check out the thread.

Yahoo Intercot Fantasy Nascar

disneymom15
02-10-2008, 08:25 AM
I was very excited for him. Hope he does well this year.

Jimenyfan
02-10-2008, 02:10 PM
I was so happy to see that he won. I hope he has a great year. Hendricks has quiet the team this year.

Marker
02-10-2008, 07:34 PM
It was a very good race.

Congrats to Dale Jr and his team, but actually I was hoping for Tony Stewart to hang on to it. Sorry folks, I just can't jump on the Dale Jr. bandwagon. He's far too trendy for my taste.

I do find it amusing that all the people who were belly-aching when Dale Jr went to Hendrick, saying he was driving for the enemy, and he'd never fit in, and they didn't know if they could support a Hendrick car..... well, looks like they're not belly-aching as much now. As for Teresa, and folks fussing about her now, my opinion is "Get Over It".

Even though he only got second, I thought it was cool that Tony gave Toyota it's best finish. And Dave Blaney ran up front all night too. I think Toyota is going to be a force to reckon with this year, and not just the Gibbs team. I'm looking for the Toyota teams to give the Hendrick bunch some competition.
If you look at the top 15 finishers, 6 were Chevy's (4 owned by Hendrick), and 5 were Toyota. The Dodge and Ford teams ( and perhaps the other Chevy teams) still seem to be struggling a bit.

I was thrilled to see Toyota's performance in qualifying today. 3 of the top 5 times are Toyota.

I admit, and you can probably tell, I'm a Tony Stewart fan, and a Michael Waltrip Racing fan. As for Dale Jr, just another competitor.

SgtTigger
02-10-2008, 07:36 PM
Great team work and all.

Did you notice that Jeff Gordon went with Tony at the end?????

Jr even waited for him and he did not go with his team mates..... Bumped Jeff to 4th.....

:cop: :tigger:

Nascfan
02-10-2008, 07:45 PM

Jr even waited for him and he did not go with his team mates..... Bumped Jeff to 4th.....

:cop: :tigger:

I'm sorry, but did you notice that Jeff stayed on the outside with Junior and JJ until the final restart when he was forced to line up behind Tony by Nascar because of the double file rule? There was no way the lines could get enough separation in the final few laps to allow Jeff to get up behind Jimmie and Junior. That's just a by-product of r.p. racing. I, for one, noticed how Jeff backed off Tony a few times in the final laps so as to not give the 20 too big of a push. Pretty smart, in my opinion.

Bethis26fan
02-10-2008, 08:27 PM
I'm sorry, but did you notice that Jeff stayed on the outside with Junior and JJ until the final restart when he was forced to line up behind Tony by Nascar because of the double file rule? There was no way the lines could get enough separation in the final few laps to allow Jeff to get up behind Jimmie and Junior. That's just a by-product of r.p. racing. I, for one, noticed how Jeff backed off Tony a few times in the final laps so as to not give the 20 too big of a push. Pretty smart, in my opinion.

I'm not a Jeff or JJ fan in the least, but I thought there was good team work. I thought it looked like Jeff backed off Tony a couple of times too. I just didn't know if Tony was getting a good bump off of Jeff or if he was laying back some.

Marker
02-10-2008, 09:12 PM
I'm not a Jeff or JJ fan in the least, but I thought there was good team work. I thought it looked like Jeff backed off Tony a couple of times too. I just didn't know if Tony was getting a good bump off of Jeff or if he was laying back some.

My opinion, if Gordon's car could have kept up with Tony's, he would have. Pushing Tony would have brought his line into the lead, putting Gordon in second behind Tony (instead of 4th). And as Daytona goes, running in 2nd at the end often leads to a move for the lead. Like him or now, Gordon is a competitor, if he's got a chance to better his finish, or perhaps win, he's going to take it.

Jeff
02-10-2008, 11:06 PM

I didn't see it this way at all. Before the restart Jr. said something on the radio to the effect of "once Jeff gets clear of Tony let's go to the bottom". However, Jeff was never able to get by Tony. If he could have the line of Jr., Jimmie and Jeff would have been out front on their own (all before the last restart). The 3 tried to work together but the restart jubled it up. I do agree with Marker though, any of the top 4 (Jr, Jimmie, Tony or Jeff) would have won it if they could.

SurferStitch
02-13-2008, 02:09 PM
Sorry folks, I just can't jump on the Dale Jr. bandwagon. He's far too trendy for my taste.

As for Teresa, and folks fussing about her now, my opinion is "Get Over It".

I don't do bandwagons...I've been a Junior fan ever since his Busch days. DH and I were (and still are) huge Dale Sr. fans, and when Jr joined the ranks, we supported him, too. I don't find a guy who wears Wrangler and Drakkar Noir, plays video games, and drinks Budweiser to be all that trendy.

I don't think anyone was fussing over Teresa. Just making a general comment. Actually, I don't see anyone, even the sports announcers, saying much of anything at all about her. She made her bed, and can now lay in it.

JanetMegan
02-13-2008, 02:45 PM
Just FYI was watching practice a few mins ago and ALL Hendrick cars may swap out engines...ha ha! Sorry couldn't resist, not a JJ fan.

Nascfan
02-14-2008, 02:00 PM
Yes Janet, you are correct. All 4 HMS cars changed engines, due to lifter problems likely caused by a bad batch of coating. In addition the 66 of Haas Carter changed an engine, who buys engines from HMS. The 07 RCR car changed engines, and they're part of a DEI-RCR alliance. Apparently it's not just affecting Chevys as the Toyotas of Hamlin, Allmendinger, Yeley, and Stewart all had engine changes before today's Twins.

My question, since all these cars need to start at the back of today's races, who's left out front? ;)

SurferStitch
02-14-2008, 04:06 PM
My question, since all these cars need to start at the back of today's races, who's left out front? ;)

Guess it didn't matter....Junior won the first 125 today!!!!

It said on the NASCAR site that he started fifth, not at the back of the pack. Is that old data, or did he start in the back?

Nascfan
02-14-2008, 06:36 PM
Guess it didn't matter....Junior won the first 125 today!!!!

It said on the NASCAR site that he started fifth, not at the back of the pack. Is that old data, or did he start in the back?

Good job Junior!

No, he weould have dropped to the back with all the other cars that changed engines per Nascar's rules. But whenever someone does that, they keep their "official" starting spot in the books. Weird, I know, just one of the many quirks of the world of Nascar. LOL!