PDA

View Full Version : mailing a package to a resort??

playdead88
02-09-2008, 07:05 PM
anyone ever mail a package to the resort before you get there? im thinking about mailing a package to help cut down on checked luggage :mickey:

Beast_fanatic
02-09-2008, 09:54 PM
I haven't personally done it, but many others have. Do you have specific questions about doing this?

playdead88
02-10-2008, 07:39 AM
im going to try to have the package arrive the day we check in but in case it gets there a day before we get there should i write our arrival date on the front of the package? i guess what i should do is call wilderness lodge and ask them what would be easier for them

wendy*darling
02-10-2008, 02:41 PM
I have done this a few times- and I have learned a few lessons which I will pass on here.

ALWAYS use a carrier like FedEx, UPS, etc. NEVER use the US Postal Service. Here's why.
The carriers deliver directly to the resort itself- it's the quickest, most direct way to ship.
No matter where your package is addressed to- if it's on Disney World property it will go to a mail clearinghouse and be sorted from there. That adds several days (at least) to delivery time. And you really can't track the package either. As I found out, if you use "delivery confirmation" it tells you when it has reached the clearinghouse. That counts as being delivered. Then you have no idea where it is anymore.

But FedEx or UPS are terrific. :thumbsup:

Address the box to the resort. Call the front desk (use Info Central's resort phone list (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/misc/phonelist.asp)to find the phone number) for the exact address. You will also be asked to put your last name, reservation number and arrival date on the lower left corner of the package. Bell Services will hold your box until you arrive.

I would time it to arrive 1-3 days before you do.

Also- remember to pack an address label to send it back home and some packing tape as well. You can bring the box back to the front desk and they can arrange for it to be shipped out again.

Good luck! :mickey:

playdead88
02-10-2008, 04:46 PM
thank you so much for your info - thats great and exactly what i was looking for!!

:mickey:

TheRustyScupper
02-11-2008, 12:05 PM
1) WENDY*DARLING is spot-on.
2) Always sent it to the exact resort address.
3) I have seen people SCREAMING that their package isn't there.
4) When tracked, it is "somewhere" on-property and in the system.
5) They cannot understand why it didn't get to their resort immediately.
6) So, after a while you shrug your shoulders and just say "Have a Magical Day".

NOTE: Make certain that the package has no valuables and is packaged well. There is little space in the room behind the Front Desk for storage. If the racks get full, the package goes to the luggage room, and that area is not all that secure. Nothing like opening the shipped box for your diamond tiara and finding Mickey Ears (as one woman claimed!).

Bohms4
02-11-2008, 12:48 PM
[QUOTE=wendy*darling;1543544]I have done this a few times- and I have learned a few lessons which I will pass on here.

ALWAYS use a carrier like FedEx, UPS, etc. NEVER use the US Postal Service. Here's why.
The carriers deliver directly to the resort itself- it's the quickest, most direct way to ship.
No matter where your package is addressed to- if it's on Disney World property it will go to a mail clearinghouse and be sorted from there. That adds several days (at least) to delivery time. And you really can't track the package either. As I found out, if you use "delivery confirmation" it tells you when it has reached the clearinghouse. That counts as being delivered. Then you have no idea where it is anymore.

Wendy & Rusty - that's good info to know. I have only sent down a package one time and I used USPS Priority Mail and we didn't have a problem. We sent it on a Monday and we got there on Thursday and the package was there. I guess we got lucky! Next time I'll use UPS. Thanks.

Tinkerfreak
02-11-2008, 02:35 PM
I am thinking about doing this on our next trip. There are things I would like to send instead of packing to try to cut down on luggage. We will not be staying concierge this time so I would like to send down some snacks that we can munch on in the room and maybe some of the things we won't be needing here at that time like flip flops, extra bathing suits, sunblock etc.