PDA

View Full Version : Is this remotely possible or have I lost my mind?

branvy
02-09-2008, 05:13 PM
We only have a few days in the parks before our cruise in early May. Not a big deal, done 4 parks+midday breaks in 2 days before, but we do have some sentimental must see's before our trip -- mainly Wishes. However, with there being a P&PP (must do!) a hitch has appeared in the original plans. No Friday Wishes due to P&PP, no Saturday due to ADR we want to keep, so our only hope is Thursday - our day of arrival. This also happens to be early EMH and a 9 & 11 Spectro day at MK, so I know to expect heavy crowds. I was wondering if this plan is remotely feasible.

2:30 flight arrives...but let's assume there's a delay and say it arrives at 3:30, pick up luggage and rental car
5:00 latest time I can imagine arriving at the front desk of the WL
6:00 get on bus to Epcot
7:00 arrive at Epcot (assuming our usual luck holds up and this WL bus is picking up at every other resort btwn there and Timbuktu). Sometime during the next 1.5 hours, grab quick bite at Sunshine or Electric Umbrella, ride M:S and SE
8:30 Get on monorail to MK
9:30 brave early Spectro crowds to get spot on Main Street
10:00 Watch Wishes
10:15 either head towards Splash, HM, or through the crush to SM so that we can get one ride in while others are watching the 11:00 Spectro.
11:00 head towards the exit, stop at Main Street Bakery for something really evil

I know this is quite a rush, which isn't much of an issue for us. I simply want to know if it's logistically possible -- if I've allowed enough time (or too much time), if the crowd will be so evil at MK that looking for an open spot on Main Street for Wishes would be mental suicide. Any thoughts?

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-09-2008, 05:49 PM
I agree that it is probably possible, a real rush, but possible.

I would skip Epcot, and go straight to MK...I think that the extra MK time would be better than all of the travel time back and forth.

I can understand the need for Wishes...we're the same way too!:mickey:

Darbylew
02-09-2008, 05:52 PM
It does sound like a rush but it can be done. I
think maybe being the first of May it might not
be so crowded and it will work out for you. Have a great time......:mickey:

Sunshine1010
02-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Yes, it can be done...but it will be stressful.

I'd just stay at MK....relax a little bit.

teambricker04
02-09-2008, 08:10 PM
I agree... skip Epcot and go straight to MK.

heidi614
02-09-2008, 11:07 PM
Why don't you do magical express to the hotel, that would save you some time. Why the rental car? You could get it the day you leave. We've done that before.
I would agree about skipping EPCOT, unless it is a must.

:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
02-10-2008, 09:11 AM
I think that plan sounds like a headache in the making. The stop at Epcot for a quick ride on this or that probably isn't going to go as quickly as you think. Nothing ever does at WDW, the walking, queues, travel time, everything. I'd make the first day a relaxing one, check in, explore, have a relaxing bite at the resort or MK, then have a wonderful first night at MK! You can ride a few, then stake out a perfect spot for your family for Wishes. The last thing you want to do is stress yourself out the first day. Since Wishes is a priority, make sure you get there. Enjoy!

branvy
02-10-2008, 09:35 AM
Thanks everyone! I appreciate the suggestions :thumbsup:

TheRustyScupper
02-10-2008, 12:08 PM
1) Sounds like a mouse in a maze or gerbil in a spin cage.
2) I agree with others, cut Epcot.
3) I see where you appreciate the suggestions.
4) But, it doesn't sound like you are convinced.
5) Besides, there will be a big rush to the Epcot monorail.
6) Not everyone stays for Illuminations.
7) That makes a lot of folks trying to get out early.

NJ Camper
02-10-2008, 12:25 PM
I agree unless you have must see rides in epcot and won't make it back there I would do MK and not waste time traveling between parks if you where there for more days then no big deal but sounds like wishes was your priority ???Is it true that wishes maybe only being around for only a short time ???? thought I heard some where that it's ending sometime soon if true then I WOULDN'T chance missing it if it means that much to you have a magical time and remember it's a vacation don't stress relax that is what a vacation is suppose to be :mickey:

Sunshine1010
02-10-2008, 02:11 PM
WISHES is ending?

branvy
02-10-2008, 04:24 PM
3) I see where you appreciate the suggestions.
4) But, it doesn't sound like you are convinced.

You got me :D As I stated in my original question, I am not concerned IF it should be done, but could it be done. While I appreciate that many people don't like that amount of bouncing, we've done something like it before and actually had a great time (last time we went to MGM just to ride ToT, straight to AK to ride 2-3 rides, then over to Epcot). So it really isn't an issue for us -- not stressful, not too tiring, rather enjoyable to bounce around. Plus we're 2 adults, no kids to maneuver which makes it much easier. Perhaps not so much if I kept it up for a week or had to report to work the next Monday, but we are heading straight from WDW to a 4-night cruise. And as some people would say you can relax when you're dead, I say we can relax when we cruise. This trip is about the must-sees and we know, can handle and rather enjoy the jaunt. My only concerns are the laws of physics and the limitations by crowds.

Not that anyone wants a reason, but the main reason I don't want to spend all Friday night at MK is that though we will have 8 full hours at MK on Friday for the P&PP, we have to split Saturday btwn MGM & Epcot. I'd hoped to knock out a few things at Epcot in order to have some time to spend at WS before our Le Cellier ADR. And since MK will be 8 straight hours from 4-12, I'd prefer to not spend that morning at a park...and a Kona breakfast is calling my name. KWIM?

So like I said, I really do appreciate the help everyone has provided, we just have different tolerances, likes, etc. And my question was answered: while they wouldn't do it, it physically can be done. Just what I wanted to know :thumbsup:

Sunshine1010
02-10-2008, 11:20 PM
Cool -

Have a great time!!!!!!!

But again --- yes, it can be done.

...would love to see the pics when you get back.