PDA

View Full Version : Which stroller double or single?

javamama
02-09-2008, 04:04 PM
So here's the question were taking our second trip w/2 toddlers in April. My ds will be almost 4 1/2, and dd will be almost 20 months. Should I bring the double stroller, or go with the single just for dd? Thanks everyone!

javamama
02-09-2008, 04:33 PM
Bumpity bump:mickey:

StillSimbaGirl
02-09-2008, 04:37 PM
Trust me. That 4 year old will get tired, real tired and will want a stroller!

kakn7294
02-09-2008, 04:38 PM
I didn't vote because my choice isn't there - I would bring a comfy single for the 20 mo old and then a cheapy umbrella or rent a Disney single for the 4 1/2 yo. If you find that the older child isn't using the umbrella, leave it in your resort. In my limited experience (just playing with them in the stores when expecting the second - we never bought one), double strollers are awkward and difficult to handle, especially in tight, crowded situations.

kathiep
02-09-2008, 04:44 PM
I didn't vote because my choice isn't there - I would bring a comfy single for the 20 mo old and then a cheapy umbrella or rent a Disney single for the 4 1/2 yo. If you find that the older child isn't using the umbrella, leave it in your resort. In my limited experience (just playing with them in the stores when expecting the second - we never bought one), double strollers are awkward and difficult to handle, especially in tight, crowded situations.

I have to agree with the above post. I was even able to fold up the umbrella and store it in the basket of my regular stroller when DS wanted to walk.

Darbylew
02-09-2008, 05:49 PM
We have always rented a stroller. I know a lot
of people come with their own strollers as they
are use to them as the children are more use
to them. If they are large they are hard to fold
up and take on the busses but everyone seems
to manage. :D

Flower
02-09-2008, 05:52 PM
We were there 2 months before DS turned 4 and he hardly used the stroller, that being said, I am glad we had the double stroller for when he was tired and needed it.

Ours is a double long Graco Duo-glide and was easy to manouvre in the crowds.

It is awkward if you are by yourself and trying to tote 2 kids plus the double stroller on the park buses, but I had help from some wonderful vacationers and was able to get where I needed to go the one time I went to the parks without DH.

I did see several people pushing the single with an umbrella stroller stored underneath, and I will consider this for our next trip.

I just find the Disney rental prices expensive.

Harriet
02-09-2008, 06:06 PM
Please be nice to those of us who don't have children and don't rent those god awful side by side stollers in the park. These are the worst thing Disney ever came up with. They take up to much room on the walk ways and for god sakes don't bring them into the stores. I can't tell you how many bruies I have gotten from being hit by these awful contraptions.They should be outlawed. A double with one kid in back and one in front will do the job and be much safer in my option.

javamama
02-09-2008, 06:42 PM
Harriet you mad me laugh so hard just now, I have a side by side double stroller;) Not a big one and umbrella type, we had a front to back but my ds is a big kid so he didn't fit in it--at 3 years he was 42" so I'm one of those "people" I think I may bring my double and single just to be safe--thanks everyone!