PDA

View Full Version : New Pavillion in Epcot's FW?

KAT1811
02-09-2008, 11:37 AM
I just read on another thread that the Wonders of Life Pavillion has been permanently closed. This gave me the idea for this thread. :idea:

What would you like to see Epcot put in it's place? Do you have any ideas for a pavillion or is there a company you think would be a great sponsor that could add a fabulous attraction? Any ideas and input is welcome. I love to hear what the "unofficial Disney imagineers" here on Intercot come up with! There have been some great suggestions. I am looking forward to hearing your ideas.

I have to think a little about my response. :shrug:

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
02-09-2008, 07:55 PM
I think what Epcot and especially Future World needs is a connection to a Disney movie (not a Disney-Pixar movie..)

They could easily use one of their movies to tie in with a new ride..maybe remove the Circle of Life movie in The Land and design a new ride featuring the Lion King characters which could also be about the circle of life of all lifeforms..

But I don't know..I am not really good as an unofficial imagineer :D

devoted93
02-10-2008, 03:14 PM
I would only like that if it resulted in taking all of the Disney cartoony type things from Epcot and putting them under one roof.

Personally, one of the things I love most about Epcot is that, for the most part, it doesn't have all the cartoon character things. I like that Epcot is a park devoted to the future, the countries of the world, the past, Earth, space, transportation ... all with Disney's master theming. Adding the three cabelleros to the Mexico ride completely subverted the point of the ride for me - I don't want to see cartoons there, I want to see a tribute to Mexico.

It would just feel like a waste if they turned Epcot into another park devoted to Disney movies. They've already got one park where that stuff fits perfectly.

DizneyFreak2002
02-10-2008, 03:55 PM
A pavilion based on weather would be cool....

Walt Lucas
02-10-2008, 05:16 PM
I want Horizons back!!
Seriously, if you were to do a pavillion based on a Disney movie, i think it would have to be one based on TRON, laugh i you must, but we are talking about "future world" what would be more futuristic than a light cycle sim type attraction? just my two cents :)

WDW1985
02-10-2008, 09:59 PM
I just read an article that talked about how much effort NASA is putting into colonizing the Moon and Mars. There are even companies designing Hotels in space. NASA plans to start returning to the Moon by 2020. I think it would be really cool to have a pavillion dedicated to living somewhere other than Earth. NO MOVIE TIE-INS! It would be the answer to those who miss Horizons and have the same feel, but more realism and very interactive. It is called "Futureworld" right???

wdw1985
:mickey:

KAT1811
02-10-2008, 10:41 PM
I just read an article that talked about how much effort NASA is putting into colonizing the Moon and Mars. There are even companies designing Hotels in space. NASA plans to start returning to the Moon by 2020. I think it would be really cool to have a pavillion dedicated to living somewhere other than Earth. NO MOVIE TIE-INS! It would be the answer to those who miss Horizons and have the same feel, but more realism and very interactive. It is called "Futureworld" right???

wdw1985
:mickey:

Love it! I would love to have some of the real world futuristic ideology intertwined into the theoretical future. As great as Horizons was I think an updated version would be fabulous. Just think maybe someday we'll be taking our grandchildren to WDW on the moon!!!

playdead88
02-11-2008, 06:05 AM
i like the weather idea and the nasa idea - what about a global warming movie with ways to help - which could easily tie into weather :mickey:

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
02-11-2008, 06:41 AM
I think a paviljon about weather and especially global warming might be too much of a political hot potatoe and some people will complain I think..

Not me ;) but some people..

Magic Smiles
02-11-2008, 07:29 AM
I would only like that if it resulted in taking all of the Disney cartoony type things from Epcot and putting them under one roof.

Personally, one of the things I love most about Epcot is that, for the most part, it doesn't have all the cartoon character things. I like that Epcot is a park devoted to the future, the countries of the world, the past, Earth, space, transportation ... all with Disney's master theming. Adding the three cabelleros to the Mexico ride completely subverted the point of the ride for me - I don't want to see cartoons there, I want to see a tribute to Mexico.

It would just feel like a waste if they turned Epcot into another park devoted to Disney movies. They've already got one park where that stuff fits perfectly.

I so agree. Adding the three cabelleros to the Mexican ride really ruined it for me. I love the discovering of other countries trend, with no animation required. Food, drink, culture and of course SHOPPING!
Both the ideas of a weather or NASA pavillion would be both interesting and educational. But I would really love to see the addition of more countries.

MegaDisney
02-11-2008, 11:06 PM

They could build the Stormrider attraction from Tokyo Disney Sea!

Here is the description from the TDS website:

The Center for Weather Control has recently developed a "Storm Diffusion Device," a new invention that is detonated in the center of powerful storms and dissipates their energy.
As there happens to be a rather large typhoon approaching Port Discovery at the moment, Guests at the CWC are invited to board one of the Center's flying weather laboratories and observe a mission to test one of the new "Fuses" by delivering it right to the center of the storm!

CaptainSad
02-12-2008, 09:02 AM
I would like anything that deals with the future. Don't put anything animated that has something to do with Disney characters. That's what the other parks are for. Come on WDI, you can do it...

Mackflava99
02-12-2008, 09:17 AM
[QUOTE Seriously, if you were to do a pavillion based on a Disney movie, i think it would have to be one based on TRON, laugh i you must, but we are talking about "future world" what would be more futuristic than a light cycle sim type attraction? QUOTE]

I like this idea- a pavilion based on all the SCi-fi type movies:

TRON
Black Hole
Meet the Robinson's
Treasure Planet
Atlantis
and maybe
Wal-EE or however you spell it...

It would be all under one roof-

JPooh
02-12-2008, 10:08 AM
I would love to see a ride based on the National Treasure Movies

KAT1811
02-12-2008, 10:26 AM

LOVE IT!!!! What a wonderful idea, although I would love to see a ride based on these movies I think it would be better suited for DHS.

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
02-12-2008, 10:37 AM
If Wall-E will be as good as I hope it is (guessing the trailer, it will be an absolute masterpiece, I cannot wait) it might be possible to incorporate the character or storyline into the pavilion. And as Mackflava99 said before, it wouldn't have to be the only attraction in there.

They could easily make more interesting attractions in there that do not feature any Disney characters, such as they did with Wonders of Life (it did have Goofy about Health in there so there was an "attraction" featuring a Disney character :D)

CaptainSad
02-12-2008, 03:36 PM

It should be in DHS. Good idea...

playdead88
02-12-2008, 03:48 PM
yep agreed a ride based on national treasure would be way awesome - though i did like the weather/global warming thing i gotta go with the national treasure ride :mickey:

brownie
02-12-2008, 04:40 PM

I second that! Imagine an attraction that would let you fly with the Hurricane Hunters!

Walt Lucas
02-12-2008, 05:50 PM
EPCOT was about looking toward the future and should be about learning something (don't tell your kids). A pavillion about weather would be cool :thumbsup:

DisFan01
02-12-2008, 06:53 PM
I second that! Imagine an attraction that would let you fly with the Hurricane Hunters!

Now THAT would be awesome! :thumbsup:

GrumpyFan
02-12-2008, 06:56 PM
EPCOT was about looking toward the future and should be about learning something (don't tell your kids). A pavillion about weather would be cool :thumbsup:

Agreed! Weather would be fantastic. I really like the sound of the Stormrider attraction a lot, also, it's not weather related, but the Journey to the Center of the Earth ride sounds cool too. Typically, I'm not too fond of when they clone rides from other Disney parks, I think all the parks should try to maintain a somewhat unique experience, but Soarin' may have changed my mind.

Imagineer1981
02-13-2008, 04:59 PM
They could build the Stormrider attraction from Tokyo Disney Sea!

Here is the description from the TDS website:

The Center for Weather Control has recently developed a "Storm Diffusion Device," a new invention that is detonated in the center of powerful storms and dissipates their energy.
As there happens to be a rather large typhoon approaching Port Discovery at the moment, Guests at the CWC are invited to board one of the Center's flying weather laboratories and observe a mission to test one of the new "Fuses" by delivering it right to the center of the storm!

I think weather could be tied into the Land pavillion though

jclightchasr
02-14-2008, 03:42 PM
I still think that Horizons had a great following and with today's technology the imagineers could trump it. The movie tie in's can definately be great or horrible. I agree with the previous post regarding Mexico. Weather would be cool but not as cool as an updated Horizon's. I also keep seeing a request for interaction with the ride but the imagineers history on interaction leaves me wanting more. I did not care for the end on Horizons because the individual screens were very fuzy. Then there is the Jetsons wannabe show on SE which I thought was an abomination to its previous second half. Interaction is cool if its done right. The other thing to avoid is being to political or preachy which gets old quickly. The wonders of life pavillion kept the idea of future technologies regarding the human body and health perhaps this theme could be carried out but how could it be done in a manner was thrilling and entertaining? I'm sticking with a Horizons II !

Altair
02-14-2008, 06:55 PM
I'm thinking maybe some kind of "Deal or No Deal" tie-in would be a big hit.:thedolls: