PDA

View Full Version : Pure Magic - Day 1

mjesq
02-08-2008, 09:52 PM
(This is my first attempt at a "Trip Report" so bear with me here ...)

Cast:
Me - Just turned 40 (God help me!)
DH - 40
DD - 7
DS - 4 1/2

Accomodations : Best non- concierge room at Wilderness Lodge!

We woke up at 3:45am in our hotel room by the airport to catch the shuttle for our 6:15 flight. Cold? Hmmm... :freeze: -35 wind chill and we decided to leave the coats in the car... The connection in Chicago had the longest, coldest jetway on record!

Onward... We arrived in Orlando right on time and were wisked "home" to the Wilderness. A little less than an hour after landing, we were in our room! (we landed at 11:45, in the room around 12:25pm) Garden Grocer had already delivered so we picked up our food and stashed it away.

Here's where I have to stop and describe this room. Regular room, it seemed - until I stepped out onto the balcony! There, in a break in the trees, was the CASTLE!:magic:
I got up in the middle of the night almost every night and just stared at it as it changed colors.

We waited a short time for our luggage. I went down and got our mugs and a couple of sodas, while the kids and DH unwound from the trip. We decided to take the boat over to the MK to just look around, get the lay of the land for the next days excursion ...

However, the park was almost EMPTY! We walked on Buzz Lightyear - twice. We waited about 10 minutes total for the Speedway . Then Pooh and the Teacups (I almost got sick:sick:) Next was Dumbo then Mickey's Philharmagic. LOVED Philharmagic! It was amazing!

Dinner was CS at Cosmic Rays. The food was surprisingly good (burgers, hot dogs, fries...)DH had left the autograph books we just bought in the bathroom and due to some serious Disney magic, they were in lost & found!

A short boat ride back with 2 exhausted kids was even enjoyable. You will find the theme running through my reports - much love for the boat transportation. It was like a ride in and of itself for us. So relaxing!:boat:

We gave the kids baths and then enjoyed another perk of our room - private fireworks viewing from the balcony.:fworks:

I LOVE this place:cloud9:

Jeff
02-08-2008, 09:55 PM
Sounds like a great start.
Thanks for the report.:thumbsup:

shan-ash
02-08-2008, 10:04 PM
Great first day!! We're heading to the Lodge in August for the first time so I love to read about others' reactions!:thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
02-08-2008, 11:29 PM
Sounds like a great first day, I can't wait to read more. Thanks for sharing.

RedheadWriter
02-09-2008, 11:31 AM
:thumbsup: Looking forward to reading about the rest of your days!!! Great first day. Isnt it great to escape the cold?

HndrdPrcnt
02-09-2008, 05:41 PM
What a great start!! Good for you! That would be so great to have firework show viewing from the room. Of course, we are hardly ever back to the room by fireworks time. However, it would be a nice perk to have just in case!:thumbsup:

SgtTigger
02-09-2008, 08:45 PM
You just got to love the Lodge........

Our first room at the Lodge was on the first floor facing the castle......

We were hooked after that fireworks through the trees could not see the castle but that was OK for us......

I am so glad you found the park empty and got to do so much.........

I cant wait to read more and you are doing just fine with the reports.......

:cop: :tigger:

Pocahontas
02-09-2008, 11:14 PM
What a great room; what floor were you on? Sounds like a perfect start to your vacation.

dolphinmickey9170
02-10-2008, 05:47 PM
What a great day, any pictures of your "view" from your room?:mickey: Thanks for sharing.

AbeeNormal
02-10-2008, 07:45 PM
Sounds like you are off to a fabulous start and you are doing a great job on your first trip report - by the end of your reports you'll be a pro:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
02-10-2008, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

pogo
02-10-2008, 08:48 PM
What an absolutely wonderful way to start your vacation ! :cloud9:

Can't wait to read more ! :D

faline
02-11-2008, 11:41 AM
Congrats on such a wonderful room location! Great beginning to your trip!

(I'll bet it was a bit warmer in Orlando than at home?!)

princessgirls
02-13-2008, 07:48 PM
Thanks for sharing your great report.

Julie:mickey:

#1disneyfan
02-13-2008, 09:16 PM
Sounds like its off to a great start! Can't wait to read more!!!

WriteDisney
02-14-2008, 11:22 AM
Certainly sounds like pure magic!

SBETigg
02-14-2008, 11:31 AM
A view of the castle, and an empty park-- wonderful! I'm turning 40 this year, too. I know how you feel. So glad your vacation got off to a great start!

tinkerbell04
02-15-2008, 02:04 PM
Sounds like you are off to a great start. That is fantastic about your room, thanks for sharing:mickey:

BronxTigger
02-18-2008, 07:43 AM
It sounds like aside from the cold in Chicago, your trip is off to a great start! Thanks for sharing this with us; I'm off to read more.

mickey&missy
02-18-2008, 08:36 AM
Sounds like a great start to the vacation! What a wonderful room yolu guys had! We loved WL and the boat ride to and from MK. We also thought it was very relaxing!

BelleCiavo
02-18-2008, 09:07 AM
Fantastic!

ChipnDaleGal
02-18-2008, 11:31 AM
What an added bonus to have that incredible view from your room. That would keep me up at night too! Sounds like you are off to a great start. Thank you for reporting. :mickey: