PDA

View Full Version : Eli Stone

NotaGeek
02-08-2008, 07:06 PM
Is anyone else watching this show? It's AMAZING and one of the best new shows on TV! By the way, I am not just saying that because I am DESPERATE for good tv! Jonny Lee Miller is the main character ... yes! Another hot British Guy (who happens to be ex-husband of Angelina Jolie!) for us all to follow on TV! If you want to catch up you can check out full episodes of Eli Stone on ABC.com (http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing?lid=ABCCOMGlobalMenu&lpos=FEP).

Carol
02-08-2008, 07:11 PM
We were just talking about this show today in email. I am loving it. It's so fun to watch and I love the characters. It's so different from other shows.

I was so surprised - as I went in not knowing what to expect.

BMan62
02-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Is anyone else watching this show? It's AMAZING and one of the best new shows on TV! By the way, I am not just saying that because I am DESPERATE for good tv! Johnny Lee Walker is the main character ... yes! Another hot British Guy (who happens to be ex-husband of Angelina Jolie!) for us all to follow on TV! If you want to catch up you can check out full episodes of Eli Stone on ABC.com (http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing?lid=ABCCOMGlobalMenu&lpos=FEP).

I believe the guys name is Jonny Lee Miller and played in a movie named "Hackers" with Angelina Jolie before they were married. Marriage lasted 4 years.

The show, "Eli Stone" looks interesting. We'll just have to see if it is in the right place, following "Lost", to gather a following. Also stars Victor Garber of "Alias" and Natasha Henstridge of "Species" films.

NotaGeek
02-08-2008, 10:16 PM
I believe the guys name is Jonny Lee Miller and played in a movie named "Hackers" with Angelina Jolie before they were married. Marriage lasted 4 years.

The show, "Eli Stone" looks interesting. We'll just have to see if it is in the right place, following "Lost", to gather a following. Also stars Victor Garber of "Alias" and Natasha Henstridge of "Species" films.

Thats what I meant, thanks for the clarification. Clearly I was thinking of Scotch.

Melanie
02-09-2008, 07:31 AM
Thats what I meant, thanks for the clarification. Clearly I was thinking of Scotch.

:rotfl:

ChipnDaleGal
02-09-2008, 07:48 AM
I am loving this show too! Very funny, sweet, quirky and Eli is very endearing. It reminds me a little of Ally McBeal and Pushing Dasies which are two shows I just adore! :thumbsup:

Carol
02-09-2008, 07:58 AM
It reminds me a little of Ally McBeal and Pushing Dasies which are two shows I just adore! :thumbsup:I like Eli Stone as much as I wanted to like Pushing Daisies. I'm not sure I'll watch Pushing Daises after the strike. I keep thinking it will hit me -- but it just doesn't. I guess I just don't get it. :shrug:

Eli I get. :D

BouncingTigger
02-09-2008, 01:03 PM
I'm liking the show. Very funny when he reacts to things that no one else sees - that would be so embarrassing!

I also thought it was interesting they took on such a controversial topic in the first episode (the debate over a possible autism/vaccine link). I think most shows would wait to do that until they have an established fan base, if they would even attempt to do it at all.

Supercali
04-18-2008, 12:52 AM
Tonight was the season finale of this great series. I hope that ABC picks it up for next season. It was my favorite new series of this season. Has anyone else caught any episodes?:mickey:

Marker
04-18-2008, 06:41 AM
Yep, we watched every week. We really hope they pick it up for another season.

big blue and hairy
04-18-2008, 09:54 AM
I really like the series too. I don't know how the ratings were, but I look forward to another season as well.

:sulley:

TheDuckRocks
04-18-2008, 12:04 PM
I like Eli Stone as much as I wanted to like Pushing Daisies. I'm not sure I'll watch Pushing Daises after the strike. I keep thinking it will hit me -- but it just doesn't. I guess I just don't get it. :shrug:

Eli I get. :D

Me too! I love this show. There is a certain look that Eli gets every so often that I could not think of who he reminded me of. After long thought I think there is something very Jimmy Stewart-ish about him. OK, you can all say in unison........"The old lady has finally flip her top.":D

NotaGeek
04-19-2008, 12:10 PM
WOW! What an awesome season finale! It was a total emotional roller coaster ... and George Michael was hysterical.

This show is SO smart and really great! I hope it gets picked up for next season!

Supercali
04-19-2008, 06:26 PM
It was a great season finale. It just goes to show why this show should be picked up by the network. I liked the song they used for the final vision.:mickey:

IamBelle
04-20-2008, 12:45 PM
this show rox my sox! although i am 5 episodes behind! so, on my vacation, I have an Eli Stone Marathon!!

MNNHFLTX
04-21-2008, 11:20 AM
Yes, I really like Eli Stone--it's so funny, but has a heart too.

I haven't watched the last two episodes that I recorded on TiVo though, so I probably shouldn't read any more of this thread until I do! :D

IamBelle
04-28-2008, 08:23 PM
What happened to this show? Did the season finale already air??

NotaGeek
04-28-2008, 08:26 PM
It ended 2 weeks ago. Full episodes are available on ABC.com. The season finale was spectacular!

ChipnDaleGal
04-29-2008, 12:25 PM
I finally watched the finale show and it was just amazing. Each episode I fall a little more in love with the writing and the cast of this show. I sure hope it gets picked up for next season.