PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Ft.Wildreness and Wildreness Lodge

heidi614
02-08-2008, 07:03 PM
Are the two on the same property? Hoop De Doo Revue is at Ft. Wildreness(?) and Whispering Canyon Cafe is at Wilderness Lodge(?) So take the boat from MK to get to both?
Sorry for the ? just want to make sure. :mickey:

Strmchsr
02-08-2008, 07:48 PM
Ft Wilderness is the camp ground and Wilderness Lodge is a resort. They are next to each other.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
02-09-2008, 12:08 AM
You can also take the buses which will run from the resort to the campgrounds.

They also have the bike trail for the campgrounds, and the campfire sing-a-long (definately a good idea to try out - smores = :)

Harriet
02-09-2008, 06:26 PM
As stated aboue they are right next to each other. FW is the camp ground and WL is the Hotel Resort. I love them both. You do need to make time for the Camp-fire one evening great fun with a movie to boot. Be sure and have a meal at Trails End at FW right next to Pioneer Hall(Hoop-De-Doo). Best food for the price and great service.

WishingStar2006
02-11-2008, 04:36 PM
They are "next to each other" but not "next" like across the street next. There is a boat from MK that goes to the WL and then goes to the Campgound....by boat they are about 10 minutes away from each other. By foot it could be as many as 20 minutes away and a winding path.

Also, be careful, not all buses go to both the WL and Ft. Wilderness Campground.

DNS
02-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Yes there is a boat that connects MK, Ft. Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge. Three stops each trip.

slegrant
02-11-2008, 05:28 PM
Two of my favorites, As stated above Fort Wilderness is the campground and the Wilderness lodge is a beautiful resort. You can walk the wilderness trial from Fort Wilderness to the Lodge or you can take a boat. Both should be experienced, there are so many things to do at both resorts. Enjoy:dale::chip:

NJ Camper
02-11-2008, 05:34 PM
when we were there in Nov they were talking about making the boats seperate and thought that had happened from what i've been told each has it's own boat that goes back to MK then to that resort only unless that has changed agian :confused:

heidi614
02-12-2008, 10:54 AM
Less than 24 hours and counting. I'll say Hi to mickey for all you great intercotees!:mickey:
Thanks for your help!

mjesq
02-12-2008, 11:22 AM
Just note - we just got back and took the boat all the time (we loved the boat transportation....)

One boat goes bt Wilderness Lodge and MK. You need to change boats to get to the Campground from WL. I don't know how the transportation works leaving from the Campground but the next boat runs from WL to the campground then stops at the Comtemporary THEN MK ...

Hope this helps a bit ... :mickey: