PDA

View Full Version : Chef Mickey's for dinner

aurora, ariel, and bell
02-08-2008, 06:44 PM
I read on a recent post how great the breakfast was, does anyone know what the dinner is like. Is it the same characters. Is it a buffet and what is the menu??
we are thinking of making this our first restaurant of our vacation. our girls 2,3, and 4 have never been and love mickey and minnie.

shan-ash
02-08-2008, 10:07 PM
We went for dinner in the summer of 2006. The characters were Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Pluto. Alot of variety for food and the desserts were good. Lots of fun was had and we're heading back for our first night in August! Have fun!

MinnieMommie
02-08-2008, 10:54 PM
Chef Mickey's is a fun place with good and plentiful food. We used to eat there quite alot when our kids were younger. DH is a picky eater but loves the peel and eat shrimp, carved beef and mashed potatoes. There is a wide variety of yummy deserts as well. Check out the menue by clicking onto info central above. :thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
02-09-2008, 12:26 AM
I didn't really care for it at dinner. I feel it is much better for breakfast.

mickeymousedabomb
02-09-2008, 08:45 AM
We've eaten here for breakfat and dinner, we loved them both times. The food was a very wide range for both and we did NOT go away hungry. Character interaction is awesome here, I believe they came around twice to our tables, we were in Goffy's section for "dace time"! It's a ton of fun!

moe513
02-09-2008, 09:57 AM
We didnt like it .It was too loud.Plus we had bad seats,a horrible waiter and the buffet was low on food. I would try some place else.

PhilHarHarMagic
02-09-2008, 10:24 AM
It's always difficult to ask an opinion on these things. There's always the chance you are going to be sitting next to someone that is irritating (we had a very obnoxious group next to us the last time we were at Chef Mickey's), and it can be loud if you are in the main dining room area. We've also had a stressed out waiter or two (I attributed it to the obnoxious people next to us).

The important thing to remember is to make the most of it - we enjoyed waving at the people in the monorail as they came by, seeing what we could get the kids to eat, and trying a taste of every dessert. We also enjoyed the characters as they came by.

If they still have the Mickey Mouse sugar packet holders, you can align your camera through the "head" hole with someone on the other side of the table and make them look like they have Mickey ears! (hope that makes sense)

Have a great time - and tell Mickey hello for us!

#1donaldfan
02-09-2008, 10:52 AM
For us parents the meal is good. For the kids the meal is GREAT !!!! It's all about the kids anyway, right!! The buffet style is just about the same as any other on site. It does get sorta loud, but that's what Disney is all about and I truly do love that !!!!!

Jared
02-09-2008, 11:19 AM
Chef Mickey's one of the most popular character meals. It's fun, loud, boisterous and exciting, but the food is only mediocre.

Dinner, like breakfast, is a buffet, and the offerings are pretty traditional. The garlic parmesan mashed potatoes and the Mickey ravioli are my personal favorites.

Your kids will have no problem finding something to eat, as a portion of the buffet is set aside for them.

crazeedizneefinatic
02-09-2008, 12:50 PM
I would not recommend it for dinner. When we were there the food was awful. We have been several times for breakfast and never had a problem, but really how can you screw up breakfast? I feel there are a few better choices for dinner character meals. We loved the Garden Grill. Food was really good. These were just our experiences.

scootch713
02-09-2008, 03:28 PM
We go there yearly for dinner and have enjoyed it. I love the primerib and the kids love the pizza, mac/cheese and especially the sundae and dessert bar. You can't beat the character interaction for kids your ages.