PDA

View Full Version : ride rehabs

mouselover93
02-08-2008, 04:17 PM
i heard rumors for rehabs of space mountain and joirney into imagination? i heard imagination:figment: is only gonna be about 1 month or 2 of rehab but space mountain:coaster: is gonna be 12-18 months. are these rumors true?

WDWfanatic742
02-08-2008, 05:12 PM
JIYI is under refurb right now but they aren't doing anything to the actual ride, but just the post show of it.

Space Mountain is rumored to be going under sometime towards the middle to end of the year and rumors are anywhere from just smoothing out the track and doing a little station work to completely replacing the track.

DisFan01
02-08-2008, 05:51 PM
JIYI is under refurb right now but they aren't doing anything to the actual ride, but just the post show of it.

Okay...maybe I'm stupid, but what preshow? There is usually a ten second wait, and in the line, all there is is tons of projected Imagination Institute logos with figment jumping on it. Is there really a show there, or do they always have it off because of the extremely low wait time? :confused:

Space Mountain is rumored to be going under sometime towards the middle to end of the year and rumors are anywhere from just smoothing out the track and doing a little station work to completely replacing the track.

I think the track does need to be smoothed (or replaced to be smoother). Whatever Expedition Everest has is great! That would be perfect! :cloud9:

brianlw71
02-08-2008, 06:01 PM
He said It's a post show not pre show.:thumbsup:

DisFan01
02-08-2008, 06:05 PM
OH.......yeah, sorry about that. :secret:

I thought it said pre-show. :blush:

Oh well. :cool:

MinnieMommie
02-08-2008, 10:44 PM
I heard that SM was going down this summer for a year. I look forward for a rehab of SM but hope it is operable for our trip in June. If anyone has any details it will be appreciated.:mickey:

Coleby
02-08-2008, 10:48 PM
ever since the "fix" to journey I found the post area congested and not fun, I miss the old pyramids.

I just hope space mountain is open in september heheh

ktflisa
02-09-2008, 08:46 AM
Does anyone remember how long SM was down at Disney West? The Disneyland SM is the only ride that is better than WDW! it's awesome. I would think Disney will NOT announce this too far in advance as some people could potentially cancel their plans if a major attraction will be known to be down.

WDWfanatic742
02-09-2008, 03:50 PM
Disneyland's Version was closed for 18 month's I believe.

DisneyFanaticDargon
02-11-2008, 05:17 PM
Not to mention that fact that, having opened in 1975 and not having a rehab on the scale found at Disneyland in the last 33 years, I'd say it's LONG overdue for a makeover. I say they get rid of the dual track design and make one big coaster than fits into that huge building which makes DL's look tiny by comparison.

OhGee
02-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Just returned from WDW. On Friday we were at Epcot and the CM at the entrance of Spaceship Earth told me that it would be closed for about a week (starting this past Saturday).

Melanie
02-11-2008, 08:19 PM
Disneyland's Version was closed for 18 month's I believe.

Disneyland's Space Mountain was closed for a little over two years for it's rehab (April '03-July '05). It was disappointing since I made three trips during that time period, but it was really worth it in the end! What a ride! :coaster:

Frog
02-11-2008, 09:41 PM
We missed Pirates during our last trip. Probably my wife and I's favorite ride from our kidhood...
But how cool is it to have something to look forward to on our next adventure!