PDA

View Full Version : Jan. 10-19 Marathon Trip-DAY 6

wdwjoe
02-08-2008, 03:41 PM
Day 6-Tuesday, January 15

Today was Magic Kingdom day and the last day for the family. Becky and I are staying until Saturday, so we kind of let the others dictate our day. We get to MK right around 9 and head into TL to hit SM and Buzz. Sis in law gets high score on Buzz every time. Very impressive! We saw Carousel of Progress, but after the 2nd scene, the carousel didn't move. So, we sat through the scene again. It still didn't move, so we got a third showing. It was nice because we caught quick nap. Then cast members burst in and said that we had to evacuate. Fine with us, but they almost were yelling at us like if we don't hurry the ride was going to explode. When we exited, we were on the back side and on the ground was a ride vehicle in perfect condition from Mr. Toad. Oh what I would give to have that in my basement.

We had a pretty normal day at MK. Did all of the rides. Loved the new additions to HM, especially the voices in the stretching room and the endless staircases. The CMs here were great as usual. As we were walking through Frontierland towards BTMRR, Woody's round up was there and Mom and I got asked to join. We just stood there with a cow and a cactus on our heads. I am sure it was fun for the kids. The fam got some nice embarrassing pictures of us.

We had a 1:20 ADR at Whispering Canyon, so we took the boat over to WL. It was nice to relax over there, but it cost us a lot of time in the parks. We are normally CS eaters, but this trip we had more TS than usual and the food was great, but it didn't allow us to hit all of the attractions. The servers at Whispering Canyon were great. I got mocked for wearing a long sleeve shirt and gloves with my shorts. The only bad things was that there were only about 5 tables occupied when we went, so it wasn't as fun as I am sure it cold be. Food was not really anything special. It was good, but we aren't really into bbq and comfort food, so I doubt we will go again.

As the day wound down, we didn't have time for dinner so we caught wishes and then were planning on grabbing dinner after. Younger bro, DW and I wanted to catch the 9 pm Illuminations, the rest of the fam headed to DTD for dinner. We made it in no time to EC and watched the show-have I mentioned how much I LOVE Illuminations? I sensed that Mom really wanted us all to eat together for our last meal, so we called them and they were just getting to DTD. We headed that way and met them at Rainforest Cafe. DW and I have never been a fan of this place because it is just regular food at double the price. We agreed to go for the company of course. We got there only about 10 minutes after the rest of the group. DW wanted to split a meal, but I was hungry, so I got the nachos and she got a salad. Bad idea-they were huge! And very delicious. So, my opinion changed a little bit, although if it is just the two of us, we would just go to Earl of sandwich or Wolfgang Puck Express (which was closed and being remodeled).

After dinner the rest of the family ran around to shop before the stores closed. I got a sample of Ghiradelli-mmmmmm! and met them in World of Disney. We were debating going to Adventurer's Club, but we were absolutely exhausted. I think the 4 am wakeup calls from the weekend were still in our system. We said goodbye to the family and headed off to Pop and hit the hay around midnight.

Tomorrow-Typhoon Lagoon, or maybe Epcot?

Updated pictures from days 1-6:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23561660@N04/sets/

RedheadWriter
02-08-2008, 04:14 PM
You guys have a lot of stamina!!! Great pictures! :mickey:

Bethis26fan
02-08-2008, 11:25 PM
Sounds like another great day. Thanks for sharing.

dolphinmickey9170
02-10-2008, 06:38 PM
Great report, thanks for sharing!!:mickey:

pdrlkr
02-10-2008, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

faline
02-11-2008, 09:55 AM
Good times and good memories! Glad it was a fun day!

tinkerbell04
02-11-2008, 11:13 AM
Sounds like another great day. I am glad that you got one more meal together before the rest of the family had to leave. :mickey:

AbeeNormal
02-15-2008, 02:38 PM
What an amazing trip, between being with the family, running a marathon and getting some alone time, sounds like paradise (Or WDW;))

BelleCiavo
02-16-2008, 06:59 AM
I could go for a sample of Ghiradelli myself. Thanks for the report.