PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story Mania

DNS
02-08-2008, 12:24 PM
I imagine many of you got the email to check out the new Toy Story Mania on-line. I've heard rumors of what to expect, but this really looks like Buzz Lightyear with 3-D. As someone who thinks the Studios need some serious help, this was very disappointing to me. Nothing innovative or new. How do others feel about it?

laprana
02-08-2008, 01:36 PM
I've heard rumors of what to expect, but this really looks like Buzz Lightyear with 3-D. As someone who thinks the Studios need some serious help, this was very disappointing to me.

Agreed!! It looks cute, and it will be nice to at least have another attraction in DHS, but I wish it was something a little more original. Where oh where are the imagineers who came up with EE, TOT, and other really great, imaginitive rides? :confused: I hope they come out of hiding soon! ;)

lightyearfan
02-08-2008, 02:48 PM
well maybe im in the minority here but i disagree. i think that this will be a fresh ride, there are differences compared to the Buzz ride at MK, the 3d glasses effect alone will make this a fun attraction, i also feel that the Hollywood Studios (MGM) has always gotten a bad rap,, and no matter what they try to do it will never get that mass appeal like the rest of the parks. look how long it took Epcot to get some respect as a WDW park. whats next are we going to start to make judgements about the Pixar parade and Block Party Bash?? we really shouldn't judge a ride or compare it to another if we haven't ridden it yet. lets just wait and see and when me and dw go in June, if this ride seems blah blah , i will then come back to this post and agree , but until then lets hold off judgement until we all ride the ride:mickey:

Victor

DisFan01
02-08-2008, 04:00 PM
I totally agree with Lightyearfan. This ride will be new and exciting. I seriously doubt that Toy Story Mania will be as old and common as the Space Ranger Spin. As lightyearfan said, the 3D Glasses alone will make this attraction new.

That's what I thought about Soarin'...I said "How good can this be...I mean we're just going to watch some fake looking movie". And this has turned out to be one of the most popular attractions at Epcot.

But until we actually ride it for the first time, you just never know? :thumbsup:

Volunteer
02-08-2008, 04:06 PM
I can't seem to find a tentative release date for this attraction; does anyone have this info? thanks in advance! :)

DisFan01
02-08-2008, 06:00 PM
I think the most specific time released is the Summer of 2008. I can't wait! :thumbsup:

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
02-08-2008, 06:04 PM
I don't have an opinion yet..they could do great things which this movie and the characters so I will wait on commenting until I see it..
Just like with Spaceship Earth..all the rumors I didn't listen to and waited 'till I saw it myself (and was off course profoundly dissappointed :D)

CaptainJessicaSparrow
02-09-2008, 12:38 AM
Yes, but if you knew the concept behind Soarin, you'd realize that you were watching a big projection screen....in the air. A floorless motion simulator similar that is similar to Star Tours. It was a new sensory system, an actual ride.

The Toy Story mania....is exactly the same as Buzz Lightyear, with the addition of 3-D. Actually, to be fair. It's more like the pirate's game at DQ. Now, if I could control the car as it zoomed around the room (like driving bumper cars, also like the Buzz ride at DQ), then I would say it's something a bit more interesting and give it a chance.

I think this is just another desperate grasp to put anything in DHs that might be interesting. As for Block Party....I think that for a place that didn't want to cater to just one group, they sure are pushing Pixar there more than any other film. I mean, they are getting a whole parade! Why not get a parade that features other characters from other movies! Why not put Jack in a parade and make a whole pirates section there? Or add back in Star Wars and make a whole daily Star Wars parade?

Actually, I'd like to see the Aladding parade brought back.

Walt Lucas
02-09-2008, 09:45 AM
I think they should put a "haunted mansion" type ride in DHs based on The Nightmare Before Christmas and have it open year round unlike the seasonal re theme in Disneyland

laughingplace<3
02-09-2008, 03:06 PM
I think they should put a "haunted mansion" type ride in DHs based on The Nightmare Before Christmas and have it open year round unlike the seasonal re theme in Disneyland

I agree, except that I don't want the same type of ride has Haunted Mansion. If it was the same ride-through attraction as HM then they would be WAY to alike.

I think there should be a thrill ride of Nightmare Before Christmas, but not REALLY scary- something tame that has great effects and decor like HM, but something that maybe has a small thrill part to it.

NJDad
02-09-2008, 09:22 PM
NYTimes in Sunday's paper has a big article on Toy Story Mania, with some behind the scenes details (spoilers?) and pics.

Gator
02-09-2008, 09:54 PM
whats next are we going to start to make judgements about the Pixar parade and Block Party Bash?? we really shouldn't judge a ride or compare it to another if we haven't ridden it yet.
Victor

Actually, I've seen the Block Party Bash at DL and it wasn't that good.

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
02-10-2008, 06:59 AM
Actually, I've seen the Block Party Bash at DL and it wasn't that good.

Agreed. It's not really a parade in the traditional sense (or the Disney-sense in my opinion) They stop at designated stops and dance to old disco and rock'n roll music.

I really didn't enjoy it at all. I didn't much like the Motorcar Parade so it doesn't really matter to me ;) I just won't see the parades at DHS

splashtest
02-10-2008, 11:56 AM
I think this is going to be a lot different that Buzz. I believe it is going to be much more involved. I for one can't wait for this ride to open!!

NJ Camper
02-10-2008, 12:08 PM
this will be a time will tell for me i guess it will depend on how much you like BL if you do then this should be of interest to you also so i'm holding on to a real love it or leave it til i see for my self like other rides some will love some will hate make every day magical and think of your next trip :mickey:

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
02-10-2008, 07:14 PM
Don't get me wrong, I look forward to this ride enormously and am planning my next trip taking into account this ride. I hope very strongly I will absolutely love it, I fear I will loathe it

DisFan01
02-10-2008, 07:16 PM
I think there should be a thrill ride of Nightmare Before Christmas, but not REALLY scary- something tame that has great effects and decor like HM, but something that maybe has a small thrill part to it.

Maybe something like a POC drop, or a little higher. That would be cool... :mickey: