PDA

View Full Version : Now decided on september

EmmMOM2
02-08-2008, 12:12 PM
We were going to go in December, but after being sick as dogs this past december (my whole family) we decided it might be better to try and avoid a sick vaca and go in september.

We will be going the first week.

I have been in august before but never september... is their much difference crowd/weather wise??

Anything special happen in sept?

Strmchsr
02-08-2008, 01:37 PM
Weatherwise, no, not a lot of difference between Aug and early September. Both months are peak hurricane season, both have, in general, highs in the low 90s and lows in the low 70s with an afternoon sea breeze thunderstorm most every day, but outside of tropical systems all day type rains are pretty rare.

As for special events, MNSSHP starts in September, but that's usually closer to the middle of the month, so you'll probably miss that by a few days. The other special thing for the last 3 years has been the "free" dining discount which may or may not be offered again this year. If not, you should more than likely get some sort of discount.

Crowds in early Sept aren't bad at all. Certainly better than early or mid August.

EmmMOM2
02-08-2008, 02:36 PM
when i was their in august awhile back, i dont remember it ever raining but one day.
This really is the normal?

Do you think the storms affect anything really?? Or it would still be a good time to go.

Strmchsr
02-08-2008, 02:57 PM
The storms don't last long. 30-60 min tops. Usually they form somewhere in the 3-5 pm time frame, so they really aren't a big deal. You just go inside for a few minutes, then they're past and you continue as normal. So, yes, it's still a good time to go. This kind of sea breeze pattern happens pretty much from mid June through mid September. It doesn't always happen every day, but most days.

E-OR
02-08-2008, 05:53 PM
We were there the middle of September last year and are planning an end of September trip this year. We really liked our september trip. The crowds were low and the wheather was not as hot has I expected. It did rain every evening but the days were warm and sunny.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-08-2008, 11:21 PM
We were there the end of Aug, beginning of Sept and as the days went by the crowds got smaller. The weather was still hot but we didn't have much in the way of rain. They did the P&P party last Sept so we went to that.

ktflisa
02-09-2008, 08:42 AM
Our last trip was this past Sept, 14-19. I thought it was extremely hot and humid, and I'm not sure I'd go again. But if you've been in August before and survived, you will probably like Sept better due to the smaller crowds. It wasn't bad at all when we were there, but we avoided MK on the weekends, etc. It rained every day - Friday night Sept 14 it rained through most of the MNSSHP. (worked out well - lots of people left :D) and then Sunday afternoon about 3 or 4 pm the skies let loose for a couple of hours.

The rain isn't so bad though, kind of cools the place off. But photos are out of the question - we all looked like drowned rats! (or drowned mice? hahahahahaha) :mickey:

ryca1dreams
02-09-2008, 11:13 AM
I like going in September personally, though the past few of years, because they have offered the free dining plan, the crowds have increased. Don't know if they will offer it this year. However, crowds are still generally lighter than other times of the year that I know of.

I think the weather (in my opinion) is great. It is warm (90s) and nights are warm too. It can get humid. Expect a daily shower.

We usually go later in the month because you'll find less school kids - typically. At least that's how it was in the past. Every year is different. Plus, I like MNSSHP which they have been pushing further and further into Sept. Last year it started on Sept 14th. Enjoy.