PDA

View Full Version : The start of my trip report

JPL
02-08-2008, 08:57 AM
Yup you read that right! I hope you were sitting down when you saw this post ;) If not it will give you something to read while you are recovering from your fall :razz:

Day 1 Part 1
January 18th

After a night of no sleep and last minute packing catching up on some things I needed to do before I left. Of course I did take a nap after work so that helped a little. I left for the airport around 4:50 AM! yes you read that right AM :coffee: It was drizzling and very misty and raw outside but the website said my 6:30 AM flight was on time. I arrived at the airport checked my luggage went through a relatively short line at security and headed for my gate. It would have been nice if they told me about the gate change before the sign on the board at the original gate. I walked to the new gate and realized nothing was open in that area of the airport so no coffee for me. Boarded the plane and had a father sitting next to me with his I will say 1 & 1/2 year old son. The child was riding on daddy's lap which is always a joy for the person in the seat next to them. For about the first 10 minutes besides getting a few extra kicks & nudges the child was fine. Then out of nowhere he started to scream and cry for the next 45-50 minutes. At one point the father actually wanted to leave the plane before take-off but couldn't do so since he had checked luggage and it would have delayed the flight. I have to say it was terrible I couldn't even listen to my iPod or do anything to block out the noise. Finally after we were up in the air he settled down and was ok for the rest of the flight. We arrrive at the gate a few minutes early and I grabbed my carry-on and headed for Magical Express. I boarded the bus and we left after about 10 minutes for WDW. I arrived at Old Key West around 10:30 AM. I checked in and got my first ever "Welcome Home" I will have to say it got me a little choked up since I always have that feeling of coming home when I arrive at WDW. But to hear it was extra special. My room wasn't ready so I left my bag with Bell Services and headed off to the Magic Kingdom.

More to come later.....

terri.m
02-08-2008, 09:04 AM
You mean there is more than you told us last night??? ;)

Don't you just love those early morning flights and the screaming kids beside you? And no coffee??? How did you survive?

Can't wait for the rest!

gauvin4
02-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Wow, sounds like you had a rough start. Glad to hear it got better. I'm looking forward to reading more. :mickey:

JPL
02-08-2008, 10:32 AM
Don't you just love those early morning flights and the screaming kids beside you?

I am strong advocate that every child should require a seat. It's not like you have all the room in the world to begin with and it really isn't fair to the passenger stuck next to the parent with a lap child. Especially when the parents stretch the rules. It should atleast be a size and weught of the child not the age. I have had some rather large children under 2 on a lap next me. The lap child leads to uncomfortable parent and uncomfortable child which in turn makes the flight a nightmare for other passengers.

terri.m
02-08-2008, 10:39 AM
i'm a strong advocate of leaving kids at home ;)

Kidding. We flew with each kid when they were under 2 and we were sure to give them gravol, bring lollypops and anything else that would comfort (knock out) them during the flight. They were always good flyers. Thankfully I've never had to deal with what you did, with my kids or any others.

so when are those pictures coming??

Patricia
02-08-2008, 11:47 AM
Heh.. that reminds me of that last red eye flight I took from Seattle. I told Zac (my son) no prob, we can sleep on the plane.. then we stepped onto it and saw a swarm of children. I said "nix that whole sleep idea, break out the cards." Daft me forgot that there would be lots of children going to Orlando. Young children do not sleep well on planes, even if it is the middle of the night. They cry.

My kids always had motion sickness. I'm certain a little Gravol kept me sane on long journeys with the 3 of them by myself.

How long till the rest of this report?

JPL
02-08-2008, 01:13 PM
How long till the rest of this report?

When I'm good and ready :razz:

WDWfanatic742
02-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Will it be before Tomorrowland comes out? :razz:

janmathatter
02-08-2008, 05:16 PM
When I'm good and ready :razz:

Since you'll never be good, at least be ready. We need somthing to brighten the rest of winter, so don't take the rest of winter to finish.

TinkRocks
02-08-2008, 05:49 PM
Will it be before Tomorrowland comes out? :razz:

:rotfl:

I'm guessing we will be waiting until AT LEAST Toy Story Mania hits Hollywood Studios...

JPL
02-08-2008, 08:03 PM
The more you poke fun of me the less ready I tend to feel I'll take my trip report and go home :razz:

WDWfanatic742
02-08-2008, 08:38 PM
For the record, I was poking more fun at me than at you :D

JPL
02-09-2008, 12:19 AM
Day 1 Part 2
January 18th
The Magic Kingdom
I arrived at the Magic Kingdom around 11:30. I was starving so headed straight for Cosmic Rays for some lunch. (insert rant here) I know disney has gotten very lax about outside food being brought into the parks but this was ridiculous people were sitting inside Cosmic Rays eating food they brought in with them. It was rather annoying that I bought food and couldn't sit because people were taking up the tables without buying anything. I had a burger and went to find a seat outside overlooking the castle since it was drizzling and impossible to find a seat inside, I was under cover so I didn't mind too much. The food was good as usual, After lunch I headed out into the park for some rides:thumbsup: I went over to tomorrowland and caught a showing of the Laugh Floor and hopped on Buzz and then the TTA. Took a stroll towards Toontown and had some Cinamon Glazed Almonds after following my nose to the cart :tasty: I then headed over towards Frontierland and caught Woody's Round up and watched the show. It was cute and a nice change of pace. After the show I went to see the Country Bears and then headed over to Adventureland and caught Captain jack's Pirate Tutorial and took a spin on POTC. I realized it was almost time for the parade so I headed towards Frontierland again and found a spot for the Dreams Come True Parade which I hadn't seen in a while. After the Parade I headed over towards the Jungle Cruise for a trip along the river and some corny jokes. I had a rather lame skipper this go around. After the Jungle Cruise I headed to the Mansion and caught a quick ride with my favorite happy haunts. I cut through Liberty Square and found myself on Main ST USA. I wondered around a bit and caught the Family Fun Day Parade. After the parade I decide it was time to head back to OKW to get my room and get ready for EMH's at Epcot. I got back to OKW got my room number and a nice bell services CM drove me to my room so I would know where it was located. I was happy my bags had arrived from DME and I settle in for a while and charged my Camera for a bit and walked around the resort and grabbed some Chicken Fingers for Dinner. After Dinner I checked out the Gift shop went back to my room to grab a different jacket and my Camera and was off to Epcot.

Up Next EMH at Epcot:mickey:

Blue Genie
02-09-2008, 12:43 AM
Doesn't WDW have a picnic area like DLR does. If people bring food from home there not to bring it in the park other then water and soda like we do?

trackbarroness
02-09-2008, 03:37 AM
There are Genie
Looks like someone got left out of the report unless you told them in the game you saw me on TTA. :D I was off the last 2 days and spent the nights over at SSR. Can't wait to hear about the rest of the report Jeff.
At least the kid didn't cry the entire flight down.
Have a magical day

JPL
02-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Opps forgot to mention I saw Sandy on the TTA forgot it was the first day :blush: I was at the MK about 6 times on this trip and got my days mixed up.

So as I board the TTA I see a familiar person come down the stairs from the Astro Orbiter and it is our own Disney Dreamin :D A quick hello and hug since we are on a moving platform. Don't worry I have a picture of her working to prove it ;)

JPL
02-09-2008, 07:49 PM
Ok Here are the picture to go with the report so far :mickey:

Pictures (http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x22/JPLIntercot/WDW%20January%202008/)

Blue Genie
02-09-2008, 08:11 PM
Hey JP I got some of these.

http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x22/JPLIntercot/WDW%20January%202008/?action=view&current=12.jpg

When I was at Disneyland in Dec. they had series 6 which is all Pixar Characters.

chrisb26
02-09-2008, 10:12 PM
Cool Pictures and great report so far :thumbsup:

Tiggerdog
02-09-2008, 10:31 PM
More please! :thumbsup:

WDWfanatic742
02-09-2008, 11:23 PM
Cool Pictures Fige :number1:

Patricia
02-10-2008, 04:58 PM
Just in case you were missin' me in The Country Bears...

Tears will be the chaser for your wine.
After you leave this love of mine.
Bright lights and taverns, That's where you'll spend your time.
And tears will be the chaser for your wine.

JPL
02-10-2008, 07:37 PM
Day 1 Part 3
January 18th
Epcot EMH

So after my camera was charged I headed over to Epcot for EMH. Now let me tell you at this point I was up for well over 36 hours and patience was gone :blush: I arrived at Epcot around 8:30 PM and there was a nice chill in the air. I went on SSE to see the disastrous refurb. I have to say this was one of my favorite attractions at the park and it dropped way down the list after my ride. I couldn't take the tone and voice of the new narration I felt like they assumed I was an idiot. The new scenes and refurbed scenes during the first half look great and without the narration would have been very enjoyable. then we hit the second part of the ride the so-called intercactive finale and it goes from bad to worse. I make my selections and watch a cheesy poorly animated segment with my face stuck on a cartoon. The face looked like it was a 5 year old playing in photoshop and they had no clue how to do it. What a waste of time and money on Disney's part. I get off SSE extremely disappointed and walk over to the Seas with Nemo and Friends there is no wait and I walk through the mile long queue and get right on the ride. The ride is cute and enjoyable and I plan to catch a showing of Turtle Talk. I go to get in line for Turtle Talk and the CM won't let me get in line, it seems I forgot to get my EMH wristband which is strange because nobody checked me on SSE or the Seas. I apologize and ask where I can get my wristband and go get one. As I walking I checked the line for Soarin and it was 120 min so I decide to skip it. I get my wristband and head over to Test Track for the Single Rider line. I get done testing my vehicle and now I am getting really tired and cold so I headed over to Norway for a Viking Coffee and Cinamon Roll and ride on the Malestrom. After the Malestrom I decide to go see my old friend Figment and take a spin on Imagination. I have to tell you time really does fly at Disney I looked at my phone and it was already past 10:30. I get off Imagination and start walking over near Innovention and the Character Connection, I figure maybe I can finally take advantage of my Disney Visa free picture well I was wrong it's only availabe at certain times during the day. I take a quick look over at the Pin Station and realize it's after 11. I decide to take another ride on SSE to give it another chance. As I am about to enter a car a CM screams at me not that car don't you see it's broken. I was furious to spoken to like that since the only indication that it was broken was the screen was blue on the ride car. Still the same poorly done refurb. Only this time I notice lots of glitches onboard my car the ride stopped and then the audio was out of sync or off for 3 entire scenes. The Screen actually rebooted itself twice during the ride. I decide to play around more with the answers to the questions and chose and option of cooking for one question and then cleaning for another only to find my head ont he woman. Gee what a bright future woman will cook and clean. The attendant at the end of the ride saw I was still a little annoyed from the way the CM spoke to me and I told him what happened his answer was well these things happen it was a long day :mad: At this point I decided it was time to head out of the park and get some sleep for Animal Kingdom on Saturday.

Trip Pictures with Epcot added (http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x22/JPLIntercot/WDW%20January%202008/)

chrisb26
02-10-2008, 09:18 PM
I can't believe how rude that CM was to you. Then their only explination is sorry it was a long day. That really isn't an excuse. I would have reported them to somebody.

Other then SSE it sounds like you had a good time.

JPL
02-10-2008, 09:29 PM
Actually I probably would have reported them if I wasn't so tired. I decided it was just time to leave instead.

terri.m
02-11-2008, 01:01 AM
Excellent pictures! Did you get a new camera?

Can't wait for the rest! :mickey:

Chescat
02-11-2008, 03:25 AM
Great Pictures JP! Can't believe that CM yelled at you like that. Shouldn't they have something on the car showing it was broken. :mad:

I love those figment pictures as always.

trackbarroness
02-11-2008, 05:16 AM
They could have taped the door shut on it.
Sorry fige you got yelled at. If a car isn't up to snuff or just looks to dirty for our guests we close the doors at unload. My Mom and I went on SSE and we thought it was pretty good.
I don't understand why you would report someone for yelling if your doing something wrong in the first place. There might have been others who completely ignored him/her and that's why s/he yelled?
Believe me I've been told by guests that they can't hear me even with me basicly shouting right next to them. Which I get told "you don't have to yell". So why did they make me yell if they heard me in the first place? :confused:
At least we did get to see each other at least once during your visit. :D

JPL
02-11-2008, 08:54 AM
I don't understand why you would report someone for yelling if your doing something wrong in the first place. There might have been others who completely ignored him/her and that's why s/he yelled?

Isn't the CMs job to direct me to the ride :confused: This CM wasn't doing their job or paying attention just a mindless point to the next then screams at me like I'm a moron and you see nothing wrong with that :confused: Is that the way they are training CMs now?

mickeytinkerbellprincess
02-11-2008, 11:17 PM
Cool trip and pics figgie :) Sorry about that CM; I hate it when that happens!

trackbarroness
02-12-2008, 05:34 AM
Isn't the CMs job to direct me to the ride :confused: This CM wasn't doing their job or paying attention just a mindless point to the next then screams at me like I'm a moron and you see nothing wrong with that :confused: Is that the way they are training CMs now?

Now I understand what happened and that your not at fault. And no their not training us like that Jeff, and I do pay attention to which cars the guests can enter or not. I don't believe you were at fault but that CM was diffently not paying attention. I was just saying that a lot of times I have guests who just won't get into the trains before the doors close and then start yelling at me for seperating them from the rest of their families.
Now that you explained the situation, now I understand what took place. You saw me did I ignore you and the other guests or did I pay attention and attempt to welcome all guests back to the station? :D
Want a cookie or better yet a Mickey ice scream bar? :D:bar:

JPL
02-12-2008, 09:27 AM
You were fine and did a very good job which is why I was puzzled when it seemed like you were defending the other CM for yelling who was totally in the wrong. It really put a damper on an otherwise great day at the parks. It was definately the main reason I left EMHs early since after that I was not in the mood to stay.

JPL
02-12-2008, 09:34 AM
Excellent pictures! Did you get a new camera?

Nope no new camera I did play around with some settings on the old one and figured it out a little more but I'm still not 100% happy with it as the good nighttime pictures are few and far between I deleted about 3x the amount you see on the site.

terri.m
02-12-2008, 09:37 AM
:thumbsup: I could see a difference from your last set. The nighttime ones you showed are excellent! It's amazing all the features that are hidden in cameras. I took my mom's little Sony digital to Hawaii and the last night I found the sunset mode.

Can wait to see and hear more!!

Blue Genie
02-12-2008, 02:58 PM
I which my camera took good pictures at night like yours did JP. I have to delete most of my because they turn out blurry. I don't know how people do it at night take good pictures without beening blurry?

JPL
02-12-2008, 03:41 PM
I used the nighttime scenery mode on my camera and tried to hold the camera as still as possible. The slightest movement make the picture blurry it basically takes alot of patience and practice with the camera I have. I deleted more night pictures than I kept. I took atleast 3tries of each picture you see.

terri.m
02-12-2008, 05:08 PM
A tripod with a shutter release cable is the easiest way if you have a camera that will use a cable. Most digitals don't. I used one for my SLR pics and they turned out amazing.

Genie I got a little tripod that you can set up on a garbage can or any flat surface. You can carry it in your bag and then you won't get much, if any, blurring. Also, if you stand with your elbows as close in as you can and take a long deep breath before you take the picture, you may not get as much blur. Try that next time!

Now back to the trip report...

:D

JPL
02-12-2008, 09:42 PM
Day 2 Part 1
January 19th
Animal Kingdom

Ok this day didn't start exactly as planned. Let me say WDW really needs to standardize their alarm clocks:mad: I thought I set the alarm for 7:30 so I could make to AK for opening well I woke up around 8:45 to no alarm. It seems I missed a step setting it. I quickly jumped in the shower got dressed and was off to catch the bus. I arrived at AK around 10:30 :( I ran over to get a Fast pass for Everest and then grabbed some coffee and a danish for breakfast (ah health food). I wandered around and checked out the area around the Yak & Yeti Restaurant for a while and the caught the Flights of Wonder Show. I haven't seen this show in a long time and really enjoyed it. I have to move it up on my list of things to do more often. After Flight of Wonder I headed over for my ride on Everest which was awesome it was very foggy and misty that morning which really added to the effect of the ride. But this when I notice a trend I was not very happy with it started my first day at the MK but I ignored it. When I arrived at the front of the line and the CM asked how many I said 1 and she rolled her eyes and looked a little annoyed. Well she wasn't done being annoyed because I then asked to wait for the front :D After Everest I went to get a Fast pass for the Safari and took a stroll down the Pangani Forest Trail. I spent some time watching the Gorillas and other animals on the trail and really enjoyed my time there. I saw a Gorilla that had just come back from his exam so he was very close to the guest area recooping and then another Gorilla was in the tree. I think this is why I love AK so much I can spend hours watching the animals and it really is different every time I visit. Then headed to The Maharajah Jungle Trek for another nice stroll while waiting for my Safari Fast Pass. another great trail to explore I love walking along and watching the animals and I think most people don't get this aspect of the park they are too busy rushing to get the attractions done. Got some cool pictures of the Tigers and other animals along the trail. Stopped and watched the Gibbons for a while. I walked over to Everest and used the Single riders line and faced the Yeti yet again. Well Facing the Yeti can make a growing boy very hungry so I decided to have lunch at the Yak & Yeti :eat:
I will leave you wondering what I had for lunch muahaha...........................................

trackbarroness
02-13-2008, 08:31 AM
Nice Jeff to rides on everest, now that's awesome dude. Now as for that female CM rolling her eyes. I can't believe she acted annoyed with you. You didn't catch her title/name by chance? :D Just wondering that's all. I wish I was there to make it to single riders. Lol Yeah we want the front car, yeah that's it. Can't wait to hear/read what you enjoyed at the Yak and Yeti. How was/is the desert?

Chescat
02-13-2008, 05:05 PM
Hmm my guess for lunch would be Yak??

Is there something with you and alarm clocks and Animal Kingdom? Isn't that what happened in the tour in October?

Did you get to see your Silver Back Gorilla (was that what he was)?

chrisb26
02-13-2008, 05:46 PM
Riding Everest in the fog must have been cool. I need to be sure to ride in the front next trip.

I still think you had a Yeti Burger for lunch ;)

terri.m
02-13-2008, 09:28 PM
Wonder if we'll ever find out??

Isn't the hockey game over yet?

:nudge:

JPL
02-14-2008, 08:51 AM
Isn't the hockey game over yet?

:nudge:

Actually game went into overtime :D

I was exhausted after the game since we took the twin hockey princesses with us :cool:

And for the last time I did not have a Yeti Burger :razz:

terri.m
02-14-2008, 09:31 AM
Well I hope your team won at least!

Any chance of getting some more details today? I'm out of town from tomorrow morning until sunday and won't be taking the laptop with me. You can't expect me to wait until then to find out about lunch...

:mickey:

cEveArdenfan
02-14-2008, 12:33 PM
:surf:I was looking at your Intercot 10th Anniversary photos, JP, and saw a room with displays of retired EPCOT stuff. Where is that?

chrisb26
02-14-2008, 12:43 PM
:surf:I was looking at your Intercot 10th Anniversary photos, JP, and saw a room with displays of retired EPCOT stuff. Where is that?

That is part of the 25th Anniversary Display they have up. Its part of innoventions however not in either East or West. It is near were they have the character meet and greets. There is a door near the soda place where you can taste all those different sodas from around the world. Then there is a room that has it.

That stuff was pretty neat seeing all that stuff from Epcots past.

And Jp until you tell me what you actually had for lunch I am still going with Yeti Burger dont worry when you finally tell us and you do say Yeti Burger I can act surprised. ;)

JPL
02-14-2008, 01:05 PM
Well I hope your team won at least!

Any chance of getting some more details today?

Yes my team won :thumbsup:

Maybe after I get home from work I will have some time to post some details :secret: Of course unless I decide a nap would be a better idea ;)

Patricia
02-14-2008, 07:11 PM
You can sleep when your dead.

Start typing.

JPL
02-14-2008, 11:12 PM
Ok I guess I will let you know what I had for lunch now.

Drum Roll Please :drum:

Day 2 Part 2
January 19th
Animal Kingdom

Tempura Shrimp
Chili plum sauce, coconut-ginger rice, stir-fried vegetables and a bottle of Tiger a beer from Singapore.

I was pleasantly surprised by Yak & Yeti. I was able to sit at the bar and order my food right away which was great since I was dining solo and was much more comfortable at the bar. The food was a very generous portion of shrimp about 6 large ones. The dipping sauce was very tasty and the rice and vegetables were a nice complement. The restaurant is very nice and was exactly what the AK needed.I enjoyed my lunch and then headed over to the safari for my fast pass time :thumbsup:
I will continue with the safari and my story later

chrisb26
02-14-2008, 11:48 PM
If you say so I still think you had that Yeti Burger ;). I might have to try that place next time.

terri.m
02-15-2008, 09:02 AM
:tasty: :beer:

Now I can enjoy my weekend!

As someone who has been to Disneyland many times but WDW just the once, being able to have a :beer: or :marg: in the parks took some getting use to. In a good way though!

I'll be back Sunday, hope for more updates by then!

And if you see "me" on vmk this weekend, give Ty a kick. ;)

JPL
02-15-2008, 10:44 PM
Pictures up to this point in the trip report

More Pictures (http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x22/JPLIntercot/WDW%20January%202008/)

Enjoy :mickey:

Chescat
02-16-2008, 06:26 AM
Thanks for the new pictures JP, those look awesome. I like the bird ones and of course the gorilla ones. :mickey:

chrisb26
02-16-2008, 01:07 PM
Cool pictures JP I like the ones you have in the fog. They looked really neat.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
02-16-2008, 08:52 PM
Great pics figgie. Those castle shots look great :) I love the pirates! Thanks for sharing :mickey:

JPL
02-16-2008, 10:03 PM
Day 2 Part 3
January 19th
Animal Kingdom

After lunch I head over for my Fast Pass Time for the Safari. As I am heading to the FP return area a large tour group cuts me off :mad: The standby time was 40 minutes but I said cool I have a FP so no problem wrong. The large group took forever to board their vehicles since they were ignoring the Cast Members telling them where to sit. My FP wait time was 45 minutes :rolleyes: I finally boarded the safari which was very uneventful except for the Watusi Cattle that were right next to the truck. Other than that this was the fewest animals I have seen in a long time. After the safari I decide to watch the parade. It's been a while since I saw the parade and wanted something to drink before it started. I headed towards a drink stand and it was closed so I asked a CM where the nearest place to get something was and he sends in the direction of another stand it was closed. I walk around towards Africa and ask a CM who sends me to a third closed stand. Finally I see a management type and say before I go to another place that's closed where can I get a Coke. She saids wait right here and goes backstage and brings me a bottle of Coke it was a bit warm but hey it was free:D I watched the parade which I really enjoyed and had a great spot. As the parade was coming closer I noticed a young girl standing across from me and 2 Disney CMs signing the parade for her. It really made my day to see how special Disney made it for this girl. All the characters noticed it as they were walking along and made a special stop to give her a hug or shake hands. This really shows what the Magic is about, it brought a tear to my eye. After the parade it was starting to rain a little and was starting to get cold and I had to go back to OKW to pack since I had to move to Coronado Springs in the morning. I got back to the hotel and went to my room to get most of the stuff I didn;t need in the morning together so I could make a quick exit in the morning. I planned on heading back out to the MK later in the day and wanted to get it all done before then.

Tornado Warnings and a Rainy MK night up next....

Thumper03
02-17-2008, 12:29 PM
Ok I guess I will let you know what I had for lunch now.

Drum Roll Please :drum:

Day 2 Part 2
January 19th
Animal Kingdom

Tempura Shrimp
Chili plum sauce, coconut-ginger rice, stir-fried vegetables and a bottle of Tiger a beer from Singapore.

I was pleasantly surprised by Yak & Yeti. I was able to sit at the bar and order my food right away which was great since I was dining solo and was much more comfortable at the bar. The food was a very generous portion of shrimp about 6 large ones. The dipping sauce was very tasty and the rice and vegetables were a nice complement. The restaurant is very nice and was exactly what the AK needed.I enjoyed my lunch and then headed over to the safari for my fast pass time :thumbsup:
I will continue with the safari and my story later

Good to hear the positive review. We have it on our list for a sit-down lunch on our upcoming trip. :thumbsup:

Thumper03
02-17-2008, 12:34 PM
Is there something with you and alarm clocks and Animal Kingdom? Isn't that what happened in the tour in October?

Yes....I think there's a connection:thedolls:

JPL
02-17-2008, 01:31 PM
Actually if Disney would get one brand and type of Alarm clock and quit changing them I wouldn't have a problem :blush:

Thumper03
02-17-2008, 05:33 PM
Did you get to see your Silver Back Gorilla (was that what he was)?

Hey, That's MY gorilla! :monkey:

Fan :blush:

TinkRocks
02-18-2008, 12:09 AM
Actually if Disney would get one brand and type of Alarm clock and quit changing them I wouldn't have a problem :blush:

Don't you have an alarm feature on your cell phone?

JPL
02-18-2008, 12:47 AM
Don't you have an alarm feature on your cell phone?

Like I would hear that :rolleyes:

terri.m
02-18-2008, 09:56 AM
Excellent pictures! I love the everest fog ones the best. Can't wait for the rest!

JPL
02-18-2008, 11:02 AM
Day 2 Part 4
January 19th
A rainy Magic Kingdom Night

I get back to OKW and pack up my stuff that I won't need in the morning and get the bags ready to go in the morning. I arrange for Bell Services to pick them up bright and early the next day. I watch a little TV and they are giving severe storm warning and a tornado watch for the area. So naturally I decide it's time to go the Magic Kingdom. I go to wait for the bus and it starts to pour and I mean pour thunder and lightning the whole nine yards. I get on the bus after waiting about 10 minutes in the little shelter. On the way it is really coming down and I'm beginning to think this might have been a really bad idea. I get off the bus and head out into the stormy night. I shop along main street for a while and then make my way to Cosmic Rays for Dinner and to dr off. I grab the BBQ pork sandwich with some chips and find a seat. Tomorrowland is pretty much underwater at this point so I run for the TTA and get FPs for Buzz. After a nice relaxing ride on the TTA I head towards Frontierland with my Thunder Mountain FP but due to the weather it is closed :( I ride pirates and then go back over to Space since the CM at BTMRR said it would be good at Space since this was closed. It really starts to pour and I am soaked I get over to Space and they won't let me use the FP:mad: I try to talk to the CM but she wasn't budging on the issue. I run over CoP and just make into the next show. We get to the
2nd scene and it stops and we sit though it 2 times and the part of 3rd before they Evacuate us off the ride. I ride Buzz and do pretty well this time with my scores don't exactly remember what it was but it was good. Then catch a showing of Monsters Inc.

More later need to run:thumbsup:

Patricia
02-18-2008, 02:27 PM
Tempura Shrimp
Chili plum sauce, coconut-ginger rice, stir-fried vegetables

Yum, I'm having that next time I'm there. :)

I love the parks when it's raining, nothing lessens the crowds better. The only time it's a problem is when there are strong winds and they make you take cover.. that backs all the rides up as people can't exit.

trackbarroness
02-18-2008, 03:34 PM
In a quiet room the sound of a phone going off will wake you in a new york minute. :D lol
But then again you must be a sound sleeper fige. :D So when's your next visit to the world? :D

mickeytinkerbellprincess
02-18-2008, 03:57 PM
I guess figgie and I are in the same boat.. My parents tell me that the fire alarm went off accidentally the night before and that I was still sound asleep. :P

trackbarroness
02-18-2008, 09:05 PM
I guess figgie and I are in the same boat.. My parents tell me that the fire alarm went off accidentally the night before and that I was still sound asleep. :P

You probably dreamt that the alarm went off that night, miss. :D

JPL
02-18-2008, 10:32 PM
I love the parks when it's raining, nothing lessens the crowds better.

Actually I found something that clears them much better cold weather with a wind chill that is coming up later in the report :thumbsup:

Patricia
02-19-2008, 12:50 PM
Gosh, don't tell me you saw that lady with the full length, down filled parka and ear muffs there? She had on winter wear we don't even use here. :winter:

Jp, you have to get the wake up call to back up the alarm clock. I always do that..and I annoy whoever is with me, by shoving Mickey (telling them to get up) in their ear.

RicksCafe
02-20-2008, 01:18 AM
Jp, you have to get the wake up call to back up the alarm clock. I always do that..and I annoy whoever is with me, by shoving Mickey (telling them to get up) in their ear.Annoying? Are you kidding? That's one of the highlights of my highlight filled trip! Set alarm for 5:29. Set wake up call for 5:30. Mickey is always so reliable. "Hiya pals! Ready for a fun day? Well, ohhhhh boy!"

Ricks (who can handle chipper Mickey at 5:30, even after turning in at midnight... Disney commando, dontcha know)

JPL
02-20-2008, 10:26 AM
Sorry for the delay but it has been a crazy week so far and busy weekend before that hopefully I will be able to get back the report in the next few days :thumbsup:

TinkRocks
02-21-2008, 01:52 PM
JP - by the time you finish this trip's trip report, I'm sure you'll have been to WDW another 3 times...

JPL
02-24-2008, 04:50 PM
Day 2 Part 5
January 19th
A rainy Magic Kingdom Night

After my showing of Monsters Inc. I walk around and shop for a while since the rain had stopped by this point. I walked to Toontown got some more Cinamon Glazed Almonds and wondered around Main St. Soon it was time to head back to the bus for my last night at OKW. I got back to my room and went to refill my mug and grab a snack. I came back set up the coffee maker for the morning packed up some stuff I wouldn't need in the morning and went back to sleep after setting the Alarm.

Day 3 Part 1
January 20th
A Busy Day DHS/AK/football/MK

I got up extra early started the coffee maker and jumped in the shower. I waited for my 8 AM bell services call to come and take my bags for the transfer to Coronado Springs. With my bags tucked away and safely on their way to CS I headed off to the DHS to start my day. I got there in time for opening and watched the opening festivities and headed to Starring Rolls for Breakfast. After breakfast I grabbed a FP for Tower of Terror and took advantage of the singe rider line at RNRC. I had some time to kill before my FP so I decided to catch Voyage of the Little Mermaid. After that I went over to Muppets for a show. After Muppets I headed over for my FP for ToT and stopped to watch the streetmosphere players on Sunset Blvd. After their show I took a trip into the Twilight Zone. After my drop on tower I looked in a few shops grabbed some glazed nuts(which were nowhere near as the ones at MK). I decided to go see Sounds Dangerous since I was in the area and realized why I skip this attraction every trip. I came out and played around at the soundstations for a while then decide it was time to leave the studios and I headed over to AK.

To be continued and pictures coming later.

chrisb26
02-24-2008, 06:19 PM
Woot we are finally on day 3!! :D

I don't think I've ever saw Voyage of the Little Mermaid I think I'll have to catch it on my next trip.

WDWfanatic742
02-24-2008, 07:29 PM
Shows you how little there is to do at MGM :rolleyes: :shake:

JPL
02-26-2008, 08:47 PM
I just added the pictures up to the latest point in the report

Updated Pictures (http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x22/JPLIntercot/WDW%20January%202008/)

Patricia
02-27-2008, 11:27 AM
Where is that bust of Walt located? I don't think I've ever seen it before.. at least that I remember.

I'm going to have to find those Cinnamon Glazed Almonds in the MK. Leave it to JP to introduce me to new snack foods. :tasty:

JPL
02-27-2008, 11:42 AM
The Walt bust is to the left of the Chinese Theater they have an area dedicated to great TV Icons.

Just a warning:Cinamon Glazed Almonds are Very addictive

trackbarroness
02-27-2008, 11:57 AM
The Walt bust is to the left of the Chinese Theater they have an area dedicated to great TV Icons.

I know Jeff, but their still very very umm very good and delicous anyway. :D
I keep trying to talk da Momma into getting some but she keeps declining. Oh well some day I'll talk her into buying some.

JPL
02-27-2008, 01:08 PM
I bet you can smell them working at the TTA that smell sure carries a long way I followed from the Speedway all the way to the front of Mickey's Toontown :cloud9:

terri.m
02-27-2008, 03:39 PM
Great pictures! The POTC came out awesome! Can't wait for more.

chrisb26
02-27-2008, 04:02 PM
Cool pictures! :thumbsup:

Chescat
02-27-2008, 07:12 PM
I hope they don't have those at DLR or I have a feeling I'll have to get something else to go with your Mickey gummi's. :hide2::hide:

Great report so far, so much detail to the food stops. :thedolls:

JPL
02-27-2008, 08:56 PM
Day 3 Part 2
January 20th

So when I last left you I was on my way to AK to spend some time before Iwent to check in at Coronado Springs. I arrived at AK around 2:00 and decided to to take a walk along Pangani Forest trail. In case you haven't noticed this is one of my favorite places. I can watch the Gorillas for hours at a time and never get bored. It's a unique experience everytime you step foot on the trail. This time there was a hippo sleeping very close to the viewing area which was pretty awesome to see. I continued down the trail and watch the Mercats for a while and then off to see the Gorillas. One Gorilla had a blanket around him but started walking away before I could get a good picture of him. After Pangani I headed over to Camp Minnie Mickey to catch Legend of the Lion King. I haven't seen this show in a couple of trips so figured it was a good time to see it. I really enjoyed it it was a nice change of pace. After the show I headed over to singe rider Everest and got another encounter in with the Yeti. I wanted to ride Dinosaur but the line was too long and I wanted to watch some of the Giants game before SpectroMagic at the MK. I hopped on a bus to CSR and checked in. At first they wanted to give me a room all the way in building 7 and I quickly objected since I would only be staying 1 night. The CM at the guest wasn't very happy with my refusal to take a room on the other side of the resort but I explained that when I spoke with Member Services at DVC tey told me they would make sure I would be close to the main building. After a few minute I was given a room in building 3 much closer to the main building. I gave my room number to bell services who said my bags would be deliver to my room within about 20 minutes. I grabbed a snack and went to my room. After completeing the maze trying to find my room I sat down put on the Patriots and waited for my bags and charged my camera battery. Well an hour a later still no bags so I called Bell Services and they said oh sorry we got busy. About half an hour later my bags were delivered. I then head to fill my refillable mug which I was told would be good at CSR when I purchased it at OKW. Well they were sort of right. CSR has their own special mug and the manager told me I couldn't use mine when he saw me refilling it. I explained my situation showed him my 2 room keys and he said well you have to purchase CSR mug then before you check out take both mugs and your receipt to the front dest and they will refund you the money for the other mug. I said I'm here one night not really worth the trouble. He let me fill my mug and I went back to my room to settle in and get what would I need the next day without over unpacking since I was only there that night. About a half hour before the Giants game started I headed down to Rix Lounge to watch the game stopping at the gift shop along the way. I realized I would get back from the park late so I bought a bottle of soda and a few snacks in case I was hungry when I returned since I had a fridge in the room. O f course this meant another trip back to the room. I dropped the stuff off in the room and the back to rix Lounge for the game.

More to come later with pictures to follow

terri.m
02-28-2008, 09:29 PM
What did you think of CSR? Is that a mod resort or am i thinking of something else? Hope you got your money back for the mug!

Any more pics coming??

JPL
02-28-2008, 09:41 PM
It's a moderate resort and I was never a big fan of it. I never purchased the CSR mug I didn't want to waste my time trying to get my money back.

chrisb26
02-28-2008, 09:52 PM
Cool report!

I haven't ever seen Festival of the Lion King but I think I'm going to have to check it out on my next trip. I think I've been on that Pangani trail once. I think I'm going to try that also lol

I don't usually spend much time at AK. But I think I should next trip.

JPL
02-28-2008, 10:08 PM
Animal Kingdom really is a great park but as Chris is showing most people don't take the time to relax and enjoy it. I think going so often has really allowed me the chance to appreciate it:mickey:

Patricia
02-29-2008, 12:13 PM
Great report so far, so much detail to the food stops. :thedolls:

:funny:

I had no idea we could purchase the second cup (when switching resorts) and get a refund. I wonder how often that actually works out? My fear would be two CM's with different information.

Animal Kingdom takes me forever to get through.. I'm a lover of the details.

JPL
02-29-2008, 03:21 PM
I had no idea we could purchase the second cup (when switching resorts) and get a refund. I wonder how often that actually works out? My fear would be two CM's with different information.

This is only at CSR as far as I know since they still have their resort specific hotel. The 2 CMs with different information is exactly the reason I didn't bother and just bought a couple of bottles soda for the room for my one night stay.

JPL
02-29-2008, 08:58 PM
The long awaited picture update

Updated Pictures (http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x22/JPLIntercot/WDW%20January%202008/)

chrisb26
02-29-2008, 10:50 PM
Cool Pictures :thumbsup:

I'm going to have to check out the Festival of The Lion King.

JPL
03-01-2008, 06:20 PM
Well you can thank VMK for the trip report delay this time ;) I was all ready to edit pictures and post some more but must ride ride ride :mad:

JPL
03-01-2008, 10:24 PM
Day 3 Part 3
January 20th

I get settled at Rix Lounge to watch the game I order a Corona to keep with the theme of the resort. But at this point I am starving I read about all the great things they have at the lounge to find they are only serving Buffalo Chicken strips and some kind of Panini during the game so I get the Buffalo Chicken Strips which were a bit of a disappointment since they were the same Chicken strips they sell at the parks only more expensive and without fries. I watch the game until about the half and after a few more Coronas I'm ready to head to the MK for EMH's. I go outside and realize it has gotten considerably colder outside. So I head to my room for a sweatshirt and my Fleece before heading back to the bus I watch a little bit more of the game in my room until it was about time to leave and catch SpectroMagic. I get the Magic kingdom and notice lots of people leaving :thumbsup: I stop at the bakery for a Mocha Latte and head for a ride on the HM. After visiting with some ghosts it was almost time for Spectro so I started off towards Liberty Square to get a spot for the parade. I looked around the Christmas Shop to keep warm for a while and then found a spot by the bridge. I was getting updates on the game from a few people around me and then the parade started. I watched the parade and notice lots of people complaining about how cold it was especially as the wind started to pick up. The parade was going along nicely and then at the end something strange happened about 15 CMs start running the opposite way over the bridge towards the parade. The last few floats went flying by where I was standing going atleast twice as fast as normal. After the parde I went over to Tomorrowland took a spin on Buzz and then noticed SM was closed so hopped on the TTA which was a new experience in wind chill. I went to another showing of Monster Inc after that I take a spin on COP since my last ride was cut short. Then I went on Winnie the Pooh since there was no line at all walked right on :thumbsup: Then I had a cheese filled pretzel and Hot Chocolate from Scuttle's Landing since it was freezing. At this point almost everyone had left the park. I walked by Peter pan and it was not only a Walk on but I was allowed to stay on for a second time around :D I went to see the HM again and then over to Frontierland for a spin on BTMRR. This was also a walk on. I really want to give a special thanks to the really nice family in front of me. I walked up to the front and the CM asked me how many I said 1. So the boy said dad can I ask him to ride up front with me. It really made my night. So I had a front row rideand I thanked the family and I was off for a ride on POTC. After Pirates I realized it was getting really late and really cold. I walked around a little more and grabbed a snack to take back to the room with me and headed to the bus around 1 AM. I watched the Highlights of the Giants when I got back set the alarm and went to sleep since I had an early day and was going to meet up with Ladyvader and Tinks and still had to check out of CSR in the morning.

TinkRocks
03-02-2008, 02:06 AM
Lovin' the report so far, JP!

Let's see - gotta give the motors in my head a quick spin...

It's March 2 today and we just got the report from January 20. By my calculation - that's 6 weeks.

JP was in Orlando until January 28, so the trip reports should keep us all reading until the Summer?

Don't know about anyone else, but I feel like I'm waiting for the next Harry Potter book to be released...

JPL
03-02-2008, 10:51 PM
Just trying to keep the magic alive :mickey:

chrisb26
03-02-2008, 11:27 PM
Just promise us you'll have your report done by the next time you go to WDW because if you don't then we'll be confused and your trips will tangle together and that wont be fun :D

Great report I think its funny how a little cold weather will clear a park. Most of them have no idea of cold lol

WDWfanatic742
03-02-2008, 11:28 PM
50 Degrees is cold :snowball:

chrisb26
03-03-2008, 12:34 AM

not even it was 50 here today for the first time in at least 3 months it was so nice! Course it will only last one day :(

JPL
03-03-2008, 09:08 AM

Are you crazy it's going up to 50 here and people are dancing in the streets and breaking out the shorts:thumbsup:

terri.m
03-03-2008, 09:40 AM
Yup! That's when I bring out the flips and shorts!

Patricia
03-03-2008, 11:43 AM
Cold? It was 52º here on Friday.. the kids all came running out of school in their T-shirts.

JPL
03-04-2008, 07:03 PM
Yet another Picture update

chrisb26
03-04-2008, 07:27 PM
cool pictures Jp!

I think I like the other Spectro guys better then their newer look.

Blue Genie
03-04-2008, 08:39 PM
OK I got a problem here. What's with Snow White's hands. They look like gaint gloves like Mickey has on?:confused:

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x22/JPLIntercot/WDW%20January%202008/611.jpg

Also why is she,Dopey,Peter,Alice and others all in white. Cinderella looks like she is the only one in her blue dress?:confused:

chrisb26
03-04-2008, 09:17 PM
OK I got a problem here. What's with Snow White's hands. They look like gaint gloves like Mickey has on?:confused:

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x22/JPLIntercot/WDW%20January%202008/611.jpg

Also why is she,Dopey,Peter,Alice and others all in white. Cinderella looks like she is the only one in her blue dress?:confused:

Snow White's hands look normal to me I think she has Gloves on I know it was could when he was there although they don't look to big.

Also as far as the character costumes go in Spectromagic they all have lights on their costumes as well as the floats. Part of the time the entire parade is white the other part the entire parade is in color.

Here are some pictures of Minnie I took in both white and color.

White (http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/chrisb2626/WDW%20May%2007/IMG_2903.jpg)
Color (http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/chrisb2626/WDW%20May%2007/IMG_2906.jpg)

TinkRocks
03-05-2008, 01:41 AM
The last few floats of Spectromagic (starting with the 3 little pigs) - the floats and characters are either all in white, or all in color (changes from white to color to white, etc. occur every 30 seconds or 1 minute).

JPL
03-05-2008, 10:00 AM
And since when I was watching they went into overdrive I didn't have much time get pictures of both ;)

On the first float the one pig actually has a paint brush and is painting the colors :thumbsup:

And yes Snow White was wearing gloves it was below 70 so definately hats, scarves and gloves weather in Florida :razz:

WDWfanatic742
03-05-2008, 05:07 PM
And yes Snow White was wearing gloves it was below 70 so definately hats, scarves and gloves weather in Florida

:razz: Don't hate because we have Walt Disney World here in Florida :D

JPL
03-05-2008, 06:27 PM
Day 4 Part 1
January 21st

Today is my last day at WDW before heading off to my conference and it's packed with things to do. I am suppose to meet Lisa (Ladyvader) at some point during the day near the MK and then yet anothe Lisa (Tinks) for dinner at Ohana.

I get up at around 7:30 jump in the shower and call for Bell srvices since I will need to store my luggage for later when I need to head out to the Best Western. Bell Services is suppose to be there at 8:30 but don't show up until almost 9:30 :mad: They take my bags and give me a ticket and I head out to check out of CSR. I get about halfway to the front desk when I realize I left my camera in the room so I turn around and go get it. It was sitting on the table near the door. I check out and head out to wait for the bus to Epcot. At this point it was about 10:15 or so. I arrived at Epcot around 10:40 and see a long line for security which doesn't make happy :( After getting through the line I get in at around 11. I decided to take a stroll around World Showcase I walked around and then headed over to Innoventions for a while since I usually walk right past it. After Innoventions I caught a performance of the Jammitors who were awesone and made us all Jr Jammitors after the show and gave us stickers. Soon after that Lisa Called and said she was heading over to the TTC so I hopped on the Monorail and waited for Lisa at the TTC. Lisa arrived at around 1:40 and we drove to the backstage area and the CM store back there and did some shopping. I picked up a few things and after about an hour I said goodbye to Lisa. I headed back to the MK since Iw as suppose to meet Tinks there before dinner at Ohana. As I walked up Main St. I caight a perfromance of the Dapper Dans. I wandered around the MK and took in Pirates, Mansion and Buzz before riding the TTA. As I got off the TTA my Cellphone rang and it was Tinks she was in the parks and was in the same area I was heading. They were going to ride pirates and I was right near Adventureland. I found Tinks and her friend who had Fp's for BTMRR and we rode pirates and then talked and walked around a while. We headed out of the park around 6:30 to head over to Ohanas and good thing because I was starving.

More Updated Pictures (http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x22/JPLIntercot/WDW%20January%202008/)

Next up Dinner at Ohanas.

Chescat
03-05-2008, 06:46 PM
Wow, this all sounds excited. You really seem to have a good time and glad you could find Ladyvader and Tinks. :)

JPL
03-06-2008, 08:42 AM
If you look closely at my pictures you will see Do Do is recovering nicely at WDW ;)

Chescat
03-06-2008, 11:22 AM
If you look closely at my pictures you will see Do Do is recovering nicely at WDW ;)
Let me guess, is that picture:

Do Do? (http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x22/JPLIntercot/WDW%20January%202008/?action=view&current=636.jpg)

Is his wing doing better after he fell off CoolJessRock's Everest Ride?

JPL
03-06-2008, 08:59 PM
Day 4 Part 2
January 21st

Before dinner we sat in the lounge and had some tropical drinks :vacation: After a few minutes we went to our table.
Dinner at Ohanas was very good and I was glad to see the shrimp back on the menu :eat: I was however a little disappointed since they weren't too quick to come back around with more food. We did however have too servings of the bread pudding and ice cream :tasty: After dinner we had some time to kill before the fireworks so we looked in the shops at the Poly for a while then grabbed some coffee and hot chocolate before watching the Pirate and Princess fireworks from the beach. We had a great view of the fireworks from the beach and to my surprise they piped in the music for the fireworks. I had heard they didn't pipe in special events fireworks music. After the fireworks we all hopped on the Monorail to take a bus back to CSR. We got back to CSR really late and said our goodbyes and I caught a cab to the Best Western for the start of my conference the next day.

JPL
03-08-2008, 10:39 PM
Sea World Day 1
January 23

While at the conference I saw a palce they were selling attraction tickets for Conference participants. So I bought a ticket to Sea World for only $47. I finished my worshop session around 2:30 and caught the shuttle back to the hotel changed quicckly and hopped on the Iride Trolley to Sea World. I arrived at Sea World around 4:00 which was fine since I get a free day with my ticket. I quickly get the exchange done for my free day and I'm off to explore. I head over to Turtle Point to check out the Sea Turtles for a while then I'm off to Key West. I check out the Stingrays and then head over to see some Dolphins. I then go over towards the Manatees for a quick viewing. I check the time so I can catch the last shoing of Blue Horizons and then I'm on my way again. I still have some time and attenmpt to ride Kraken but the line is too long and I would miss my show so I go to cool off with some penguins. After chilling out in Penguin Encounter I walk through Pacific Point Preserve and check out the seals and sea lions. It's getting closer to showtime so I head over to Blue Horizons to catch the show. The show was both cool and weird at the same time. It started out with the story of a girl who wanted to swim with the dolphins and fly with the birds. It was sort a Cirque de Soliel meets the dolphins type show which quickly lost the story which was difficult to follow. I still enjoyed it but preferred the older style Sea World shows that had a touch of education to them. The park closed at 6 so I was running out of time but when heading towards the exit I had a chance for a Shark Encounter before leaving for the night. Overall a very fun and productive 2 hours at the park :thumbsup: I will return to Sea World before the Pirate & Princess Party and will continue my report then :thumbsup:

Sea World Pictures Part 1 (http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x22/JPLIntercot/Sea%20World%20January%202008/)

chrisb26
03-09-2008, 12:24 AM
Cool report and pictures! :thumbsup:

Sea World looks like fun. When we go to WDW in May we are going there also. I haven't been to Sea World in over 10 years and can hardly remember anything so this should be fun!

terri.m
03-09-2008, 03:52 PM
I want to go to Sea World now! Penguins!! Great pictures, when do we get more??

JPL
03-10-2008, 08:46 AM
I will try to get more up later today which will have Sea World Part 2 and hopefully more pictures as well but the pictures might come a little later :blush:

Patricia
03-10-2008, 12:17 PM
Aww, penguins are so cute.

I took my kid, who loves marine biology, on a backstage tour at Sea World. One of the tour highlights was petting a baby penguin.

So cute!

When they tell you not to stand behind a penguin. Don't.

JPL
03-10-2008, 01:01 PM
When they tell you not to stand behind a penguin. Don't.

Did the penguin give you a present??

Patricia
03-10-2008, 01:38 PM
Let's just say I took the advice before I had any surprises. :)

JPL
03-11-2008, 10:31 PM
Return to WDW
January 25th

At this point the conference is over and it's time to head back to WDW. I take a cab to Pop at Around 5 PM . I get to my room and settle in and then head back to the front desk to mail the materials from my conference back home since I didn't want to carry on the plane. After sneding off the box I grab some chicken strips for dinner since I was starving at this point. After Dinner I head back to the room and go on vMK for a bit to relax I am exhausted from the conference so I decide to take it easy and just shop a little at DTD I leave at around 7:30 for DTD and stay until about 10. I come back to the room watch some TV and play a little more VMK and then turn around 12 since I want to get up early to head back to Sea World for my free day.

Return to Sea World/ Pirate & Princess Party
January 26th

I get up early take a quick shower and then head out to grab a quick breakfast a Cafe Mocha and a Danish. I catch the bus to the MK and then Hop on the Monorail to get to the TTC where I cathc the Lynx bus to Sea World. I arrive at Sea World at 10 AM and want to ride Kraken but it doesn't open until 11 for some reason. I check the show schedule and I have time before the start of Believe (the Shamu Show) I cut through Shamu's Happy Harbor and ride the Shanu Express a kiddie coaster that looks like Shamu. It was a fun little ride but nothing too thrilling. Then I swin over to Wild Artic and take the simulated Helicopter ride to the Artic to see Beluga Whales, Polar Bears and Walrus. The Simulator is very poorly done since it really throws off you equilibrium since the motion doesn't really match the film. After that I'm off to see Believe. The show is very entertaining and I enjoyed it alot although I still prefer the older show formats where they had more of an educational aspect to them. After Believe I had to Hustle over to the Clyde & Semore show since it started relatively soon. Along the way I grabbed a Shamu Bar which is very similar to a Mickey bar. I grabbed my seat before the show and it started to rain so I moved up under cover until the rain stopped. Before the show the Sae World Mime entertained the crowd making fun of the guests always a highlight of the show. The show was very good it had a pirate theme to it and the best part of it was the Sea Lions no cooperating with the trainers during the show parts of the show. I decided to give Ktraken another try but the line was way too long and then they shut it down because of the rain so I just headed down towards the Waterfront area and was just in time to catch a water ballet type show. It was starting to get late so I decided to swing back around the park the long way to the exit to catch some of my favorite areas again like Pacific Point Preserve and Penguin encounter before catching the bus back to WDW. I left the Park around 2 so I could get back to Pop Century charge up my Camera and head to the Pirate & Princess Party.

Updated Sea World Pictures (http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x22/JPLIntercot/Sea%20World%20January%202008/)

Next up Pirates and Princess Party

Chescat
03-12-2008, 05:02 PM
I'm just having images of you on the Shamu Express. :funny::fresh:

JPL
03-12-2008, 05:55 PM
Hey just because you are too short to ride it don't make fun of me ;)

terri.m
03-13-2008, 01:05 AM
:jaw: tell me you didn't just say that!!

sorry cat but :funny:

:bolt:

JPL
03-13-2008, 08:51 AM
:jaw: tell me you didn't just say that!!

Say what :confused:

What did I say :confused:

Not little ole me :goodbad:

Chescat
03-14-2008, 05:32 PM
What did I say :confused:

Not little ole me :goodbad:

Let see quote, unquote:

Hey just because you are too short to ride it don't make fun of me ;)

I just want to know if any children were hurt in your rush to get on the ride. You did say you were all alone on the ride. :faint::walk:

JPL
03-14-2008, 06:17 PM
Only 2 small children and 1 old lady were injured and only minor injuries a few scrapes and bruises they should be fine by now.

Patricia
03-14-2008, 06:45 PM
Heh.. Did you have to "piggy back" your victims to first aid?

I loved the Clyde & Semore show. So cute. When we were there it was Shamu who refused to participate, he wouldn't even come out into the front tank.. the trainer said they never argue with a "Killer" whale. :D

TinkRocks
03-16-2008, 01:16 AM
So, JP - which do you prefer...

Shamu Express or Goofy's Barnstormer?

trackbarroness
03-16-2008, 02:30 AM
umm maybe Goofy's barnstormer, or the Shamu express. :D

JPL
03-16-2008, 11:35 AM
Shamu Express or Goofy's Barnstormer?

I think they are the same excat ride with different theming ;)

JPL
03-19-2008, 11:38 AM
I promise I will wrap up this report this weekend some time it's just been a little hectic.

trackbarroness
03-19-2008, 12:22 PM
Promises promises cookie :D
How's the trip report coming along cookie? :D

jjramsey
03-19-2008, 12:35 PM
Too bad you missed Kraken! It is one of the smoothest coaster rides I have ever been on. It was the closest thing to flying, without a plane ;), I have ever been on...of course in the several year interim since we were there, it may have gone downhill (no pun intended) and be a bit jerkier. There were a lot of places where you are inverted.

JPL
03-19-2008, 01:08 PM
I have riden it in the past so it was no biggie to miss it and we have the same exact coaster with a different name here in NJ called Medusa:thumbsup:

Chescat
03-20-2008, 01:56 PM
I think they are the same excat ride with different theming ;)
Wow what is an "excat ride"? :blush:

JPL
03-21-2008, 12:02 PM
Wow what is an "excat ride"? :blush:

ExCat ride is a new concept in theme park technology you take people with the nickname Cat who make fun of your typos on it and they become an Ex-cat :thedolls:

WDWfanatic742
03-21-2008, 04:36 PM
Haha :D

JPL
03-21-2008, 06:31 PM
Pirate & Princess Party
January 26th
At this point I am still on the bus heading back to WDW and over hear 2 girls talking on the bus about running a little late and trying to make it to make up for the party. I get off the bus at the first stop inside of WDW at DTD and switch buses to the Pop Century bus. I get back to my room and charge up my camera and head over to Everything Pop to grab something to eat since I am starving. I go with the chicken fingers and fries and then head back to my room to relax a little before the Pirate and Princess Party. It starts to rain a little which doesn't make for a great party night. I finally head out to the party around 10 to 6 and arrive at the MK around 7:10. I get in touch with Dotrocks and meet up with her near the Haunted Mansion and we take a ride on that and then head over to POTC for a quick ride. Lucy had a surprise for me a big bag of Gummi Candy :tasty: After that we watch the Aladdin Royal Guard show near Adventureland. Wes topped at a few treasure spots along the way and were disappointed to find out they weren't giving out any chocolate just plastic gems and beads. I head over to the Briar patch store to pick up the Tinkerbell Jacket for my niece and then we go claim our spots for the parade. We watch the parade from near the CBJ and both think it was just OK nothing really too special. I did notice the girl on the bus I saw earlier in the looked and sounded alot like Jasmine in the parade. At this point Lucy decides she is tired and we say goodbye and head our sepreate ways. It was great meeting and I really loved my surprise. I walked through Fantasyland at this time and saw some of Sebastian's Dance Party and really wanted a cheese filled pretzel from Scuttle's Landing but it was closed :( I took a picture of the hidden Mickey and Sub inside of Pooh's Playful spot and continued on towards Mickey's Toontown Fair. The rain was really starting to pick up so I walked through Minnie's House and then headed for Tomorrowland. I figure d I could grab a snack at Cosmic Rays.But the lines were crazy and I wanted to get a good spot for the fireworks so I just watch the Dance for a few minutes and went to check out the little game area they had set up in Tomorrowland. I played a few of the games and won some plastic beads which I gave to soem kids who were playing the games to see who could get the most loot. I realized it was almost time for the firewoks so I headed to Main Street to get my spot. I had seen the fireworks from the beach at the Poly earlier in my trip an really enjoyed them. I picked a good spot right in the middle of the street and watch the show which is awesome. After the fireworks I was Going to watch the Dream Along with Mickey show but with the rain they cancelled the show for the 2nd time but had the characters come out a nd do a little meet n greet instead. I walked back to Tomorrowland to ride Space Mountain but it was closed so I headed over to ride Buzz. I got off Buzz was about to take a spin on the TTA and then saw the Fab 5 Characters dressed in their Pirate Costumes and took a few pictures of them before my ride on the TTA. After my ride on the TTA I started to head for Main Street and the buses since it was getting late and I wated to get the special event pins before leaving. At this point I was stgarving and prayed that the Food Court would still be open when I got back to Pop. I ran to my room dropped my stuff off and got to the food court to find only the Pizza place open they had stayed open a little later since there were alot of guest leaving the P&PP early because of the rain. I grabbed a pizza like object filled my mug and headed back to my room to pack up some of my stuff since it was time to head home the next day.

Up Next the Final Day

TinkRocks
03-21-2008, 10:04 PM
I don't recall being overly tired, my dear Gummi lovin' JP (my left knee was killin' me though)! You weren't in the mood for Mickey's Philharmagic, so we decided to part ways...

:blush:

JPL
03-21-2008, 10:07 PM
Ooops I couldn't remember why we parted ways thought you were tired :blush:

I am sort of sick of Mickey's Philharmagic along with several other 3D movies that I have seen countless times so it makes sense

JPL
03-21-2008, 10:19 PM
100 New Pictures

chrisb26
03-22-2008, 01:06 AM
I'm trying to decide if I want to spend the money on the P&PP still not sure. I was also kind of disappointed to hear we dont get candy :(

I think I'll probably try it just so I can say I have done all the parties :D

100 New Pictures

Only 100 ;) We want more!!

JPL
03-22-2008, 12:22 PM
I think I'll probably try it just so I can say I have done all the parties :D

The fireworks almost make the party worth the price and of course you can walk on most attractions that are open during the party think of it as a paid 5 hour EMH:thumbsup:

terri.m
03-26-2008, 12:13 PM
you've got some awesome pictures there!! I'm loving the report, I need more!!

JPL
03-27-2008, 08:44 AM
More will follow shortly my hand has been bothering me so I have been trying to limit my computer time lately.

terri.m
03-27-2008, 09:31 AM
Aww. Hope it's better soon!

Patricia
03-27-2008, 10:57 AM
More will follow shortly my hand has been bothering me

Did you get into a hockey fight?

JPL
03-27-2008, 03:33 PM
Did you get into a hockey fight?

Well sort of I was getting my hockey stuff ready to get signed and picked up the heavy bag the wrong way. So in a sense I was fighting with hockey collectibles :blush:

Patricia
03-27-2008, 04:14 PM
ok.. that's just sad. :(

To make you feel better I'm sending your hockey cards. First thing tomorrow morning. Really.

Chescat
03-28-2008, 05:28 PM
Aww, sorry JP. Hope you start feeling better. :(

- Cat, who's not sure it wasn't him knocking down those two kids and the old lady to get on the shamu ride? Did catch the ex-Cat comment, but going to ignore it :thedolls: -

chrisb26
03-28-2008, 10:30 PM
ouch sorry to hear about your hand hopefully it will feel better soon we need that end of the report ;)

JPL
03-28-2008, 11:33 PM
January 27th
The Adventure Ends :(

I got up extra early so i could check in for my flight and make it to AK for Opening.I packed up and said my goodbyes to Pop Century. I hopped on the bus and made it to Ak for the Opening show. I got a ride in on Everest and grabbed a FP. I then headed over to the safari and took a spin on that. I took a last walk down Pangani Forest trail and said goodbye to the Gorillas. Then took my final ride on Everest to say goodbye to the Yeti. After AK I headed over to Epcot for a little while and wandered around a bit then took the monorail over to the Mk for the final park of my trip. I got to the MK and rode CoP and then the TTA. I needed to say goodbye to 999 ghosts and then took a walk through the Treehouse. Then was getting ready to leave and it was time for the parade so I grabbed a snack and watched the parade. After the parade it was time to head back to Pop Century so I could catch Magical Express to the airport. I had about an hour to kill at Pop so I played some games in the arcade before it was time for the bus. I was at the airport and realized how exhausted I was from the trip and was a little bummed I had to to work the next day. Just as my adventure was ending I was in for a pleasant surprise as I boarded the plane. I was waiting to get on the plane and there was a man standing about 2 people in from me and I said wow he could be Martin Broduer's (Goalie from the NJ Devils) brother. He turned sideways I said that could be his twin. Then I heard him talk and it was him. I had hime sign my Magical Express folder and wished him well and went to my seat. Overall a great trip with a nice surprise ending :thumbsup:

Final Picture Update (http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x22/JPLIntercot/WDW%20January%202008/)

chrisb26
03-29-2008, 12:24 AM
Great report Jp! You have finally finished!

Going home is always the worst part especially when often times you seem more tired after your vacation then before :D

I like your pictures especially the one with the castle reflecting the water pretty neat.

JPL
04-02-2008, 11:43 AM
Since we are waiting for Fan and Queen to finish I would like to add some final thoughts to hold you over:thumbsup:

The Good:
It was great seeing everyone I met up with it made the trip extra special. I got to see Sandy (Disneydreamin), Lisa(Ladyvader), Lisa(Tinks), and Lucy (Dotrocks). Hope we can meet up again on other trips it's always great hanging out with friends at the parks :thumbsup:

The Bad
I was sent on a wild goose looking for a jacket for my niece and I feel actually lied to by CMs who just told me they had some place else to make me go away. It was quite frustrating to say the least. I mean how do you call the WoD and give them the item number and then say of yes they have it yet when I arrive the manager says they never carried that jacket :confused:

The parks were crowded especially with tour groups.

The Ugly

CMs allowing people to eat outside food in Cosmic Rays (sandwiches from home) without so much as purchasing a drink while paying customers who actually purchased food from the restaurant had no place to sit.

The CM at Space Mountain who refused my FP from BTMRR when the CMs at BTMRR sent us over there saying they were ok to use on SM since Thunder was closed.

The CM who yelled at me on SSE because the car was broken yet there was no indication it was broken.

Until June my trip report and pictures are done unless someone wants to fund another trip for me;)

terri.m
04-03-2008, 09:35 AM
All and all it sounded like a wonderful trip. All the goodbyes made me sad though. And I'm so jealous you got to meet so many vmk friends! At least June isn't too too far away!!

:mickey: