PDA

View Full Version : Would you recommend Narcoossee's

julyjewel
02-07-2008, 03:05 PM
Please share your experiences about the place. My husband and I are thinking about having our 10 yr anniv dinner there this Decmber.

jwallace378
02-07-2008, 03:16 PM
I would absolutely recommend Narcoose's. My wife and I go there almost every time we're at WDW. Great seafood, great desserts, and great atmosphere (especially when Wishes is taking place). They pipe in the music from MK and dim the lights. Or you can go outside on the deck and watch the fireworks. My wife and I had dinner at Narcoose's the night we got engaged. Enjoy!!

Lessie
02-07-2008, 03:18 PM
We love it and its a great place for a special dinner! The food is wonderful, as is the atmosphere. The crab cakes are to die for! We are actually going there tomorrow to celebrate my birthday and I can't wait! :mickey:

SurferStitch
02-07-2008, 03:52 PM
I recommend it wholeheartedly!

DH and I dine there on every WDW trip, and will actually go twice on our next trip in May. It all started on the first night of our honeymoon in 1996....we got to the Grand Flo, checked in, and wanted an early dinner. The CM at the desk recommended Narcoossee's, we said "why not", and headed over. The rest is history.

Food and service are top notch. The whole lobster, lobster and filet, and scallops (when available) are phenomenal. I swear they have the sweetest lobster anywhere.

Narcoossee's is our very favorite place to dine (except for V&A). My mouth is watering just thinking about going back....I'll be dining on lobster in just 84 days!!!! :cloud9:

SBETigg
02-07-2008, 04:05 PM
I would absolutely recommend Narcoossee's, especially for a special celebration. The food and service are phenomenal and the atmosphere is relaxed and lovely.

sillyolbear
02-07-2008, 05:14 PM
An excellent choice for seafood and a great view.

Jen C.
02-07-2008, 05:21 PM
My husband and I just celebrated our tenth anniversary dinner there this passt Saturday. It was simply fabulous! It was by far the best meal of the trip. My husband had the scallops and I had the filet. They brought out a special champagne toast, as well as a memorable happy anniversary dessert. Natalie was our server, and she was just fabulous. :thumbsup:

Highly recommend!!!;)

Aggie97
02-07-2008, 08:43 PM
We also celebrated our 10th anniversary at Narcoossee's this past Saturday night. It was absolutely wonderful -- terrific service, beautiful atmosphere, delicious food. I had the filet, and my husband had the filet and lobster tail -- just perfect. Great view of the fireworks, too! It's our favorite WDW restaurant, by far. Enjoy!! :mickey:

DisneyGiant
02-08-2008, 12:24 AM
We loved Narcoosee's!

Haven't been there in a while - as we've been staying at the Epcot resorts lately....

Polynesian Dweller
02-08-2008, 09:51 AM
Without any hesitation! Narcoosee's is our favorite for food, service, and ambiance. Can't imagine a trip to WDW without going there. Perfect for your 10th anniversary.

biodtl
02-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Definitely! We have loved it ever since we went there on our honeymoon. The food is great and the atmosphere relaxing.

TheRustyScupper
02-08-2008, 02:49 PM
1) Narcoossee's is one of the better eateries at WDW.
2) The food is creative and has a good presentation.
3) I have but one complaint.
4) They do not enforce the "business casual" dress code.
5) When I pay big bucks for a meal, I want the ambiance.
6) If this does not bother you, then by all means go here.

BelleFan2
02-08-2008, 04:53 PM
Wow - I guess I'm in the minority here! I would not recommend it - we had horrible service and while the food was good, there was no ambiance. I'm hoping we just had a bad night but I would recommend Citricos (at GF) over this anyday!

SurferStitch
02-08-2008, 10:25 PM
1)
3) I have but one complaint.
4) They do not enforce the "business casual" dress code.
5) When I pay big bucks for a meal, I want the ambiance.

Oh, you are sooooooo right!

I will say, I was impressed when we ate there in December. Amazingly, almost everyone dressed appropriately. Some were even as dressed up as my DH and me. That (unfortunately) is not the norm.

SBETigg
02-09-2008, 03:52 PM
Oh, you are sooooooo right!

I will say, I was impressed when we ate there in December. Amazingly, almost everyone dressed appropriately. Some were even as dressed up as my DH and me. That (unfortunately) is not the norm.

They're not enforcing it because they've practically eliminated it. They've altered the policy to allow t-shirts and denims. The only thing you can't wear are bathing suits, torn clothing, tank tops, and thong sandals. This isn't a "business casual" dress code any more. It's only slightly more than they ask for theme park admission. And apparently, most people prefer it this way.

I dress how I prefer and just try not to let what other people are wearing affect me, though of course it does dress up a restaurant when everyone else is dressed up, too. This isn't just at Disney, though. It's everywhere. We're an increasingly casual society.