PDA

View Full Version : What week in January?

mickey&missy
02-07-2008, 02:42 PM
I'm wondering what week in January is best to visit WDW. We're planning a trip for next January. It will be our family of 5 and my sisters family of 5. Their kids have never been to WDW so I want to try to go for the least crowded week. We may try the 3rd - 10th. If the x-mas crowds will be gone and we have a chance to see some of the christmas decoration it would be perfect!!! Otherwise we might go with the 24th - 31st.

Any input is greatly appreciated!!!

dumbo_buddy
02-07-2008, 02:54 PM
We go the weekend AFTER MLK. this year the crowds were really small and we walked on pretty much everything. there were a ton of guests from south american countries (they are on their summer break) but i preferred listening to spanish and/or portuguese to listening to cheerleaders practicing their cheers in line!

rwdavis2
02-08-2008, 12:26 PM
So far either should work. Just avoid MLK weekend. It was crowded this year. We ran into several of the "infamous" Brazilian tour groups but had no issues. But be prepared to try to avoid them if they are getting obnoxious.

Does your large group plan to tour all together or split up now and then. I would suggest the occasional split up in case you all have some different ideas on what to do.
Have fun,
Bob

DisneyDoyon
02-09-2008, 07:22 PM
Just keep in mind, that the 2009 Superbowl is Feb.1, in Tampa. WDW will probably be busier the week before and after that weekend.