PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Christmas Party

steinx3
02-07-2008, 01:02 PM
We are traveling with our family over Christmas next year to WDW and I have read that Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party is an option. Can anyone give me feedback as to what the party is like and is it worth the extra ticket to go?

BigRedDad
02-07-2008, 01:36 PM
Its limited to a specific number of guests. The parades and shows are Christmas themed. The main attractions are open with smaller lines (in theory). Worth it? I would go in a heartbeat, but we are not there that time of year. As far as worth it, it all depends on how much you are willing to spend on your trip.

MsMin
02-07-2008, 01:45 PM
If I could manage it I would get the tickets and do other activities during the day since you don't need park admission on top of the party price.
Admission is limited and they have increased the #'s in past years. It can appear crowded, especially in the hot spots but we rarely waited long for a ride and many rides have virtually no line. We've gone to MVMCP 4 years and MNSSHP this past Oct.
I wouldn't hesitate to return and we don't have little ones. If you do have little ones do try to make sure they are rested up w/ a nap during the day. The fireworks are great too....

gauvin4
02-07-2008, 01:52 PM
We went this past year and loved it. The Fireworks were fantastic (and I'm not a big fan of fireworks). My Children are 13 & 16 and we had a lot of fun. It was nice to see them let go and be "kids" again. There was a whole lot of family bonding going on that night. :thumbsup: We went on the last night of the party and it was sold out. It was crowded but manageable.

I would do it again in a heartbeat. :mickey:

Marilyn Michetti
02-07-2008, 01:56 PM
Yes, the number of tickets is limited, but it's not an intimate party by any means. It's pretty crowded.

It's really fun. The special show in front of the castle, the "snow", the special parade, and all those cookies and hot chocolate !!!!!

We've done it twice, and will again if we get to go to WDW this Dec. It's not much more than dinner for two at a good TS, if you need to rationalize the cost.:santa:

jwildflower1981
02-07-2008, 02:24 PM
My DH and I went in '07 and loved it. We don't have kids and thought it was well worth the extra $$$. The fireworks were beautiful, and the parade was neat too. Everyone dressed up for Christmas. There were complementry cookies and hot coco. We walked onto everything except HM, and that due to a malfunction, once they got that fixed they rolled through the line pretty fast. Oh yeah, and it "snows" on Main St. which was neat for us since were from La. and snow is not something we see very ofter. My suggestion is if your doing a resort or DTD day, do it that day instead of going to a park, and doing MVMCP that night. I think tickets were about $45 for adults and it's from 7-12. Have fun!

Beast_fanatic
02-07-2008, 10:37 PM
Since I'm not sure when your trip is (since you say you'll be there over Christmas), I just wanted to point out that the parties end before Christmas, so it's possible they'll be over before your trip.

mitchsfan
02-08-2008, 05:06 PM
Was at the World this past 12/11-12/20. Went to MVMCP on 12/18. It was the highlight of our trip.

Our 3 year old let loose and had a ball. He rode the barnstormer 5x in a row, rode Splash Mountain 2 x in a row. Met a ton of characters.

I hate parades..(waste of time) but the MVMCP parade was awesome. The floats and smells of the floats (peppermint, chocolate etc) were awesome.

Well worth the extra money!

laughingplace<3
02-08-2008, 11:50 PM
I REALLY enjoyed it. Excellent parade and the fireworks were pretty good (and I don't usually enjoy fireworks). Great characters, and a lot of them. There were a lot of shows, etc. going on so we didn't have any time to ride anything- but it was worth the $45. There's just so much to do.

mouselover93
02-09-2008, 12:07 AM
me my sis and my parents did this and it was worth the money you get unlimited cookies, hot chocolate, apple juice, and apples. they have the parade and fireworks.and most of the rides are open. i give it 2 thumbs up:mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
02-09-2008, 12:11 AM
Personally, I find the MVMCP to be the least entertaining out of all the parties. I thought the parade was boring and the only thing I liked was seeing Belle's holiday dress. Didn't care much for the fireworks since they aren't that great compared to MNSSHP or P&P. Hot Chocolare and cookies are okay - it's Nescafe so it'd kinda...watery tasting.

But I am in the minority here. If you plan your trip a bit later in December or even early January (after New Years) you can see the same parade and fireworks without the tickets. Or go when they are filming the holiday parade.

disneylovinmom
02-09-2008, 02:26 PM
If you're only going to be there once during the Christmas season, then definately go. We went on 12/18 and had a great time. There were very short lines for rides, the fireworks were great, the parade was wonderful, and you can actually dance with your favorite characters at the dance parties. We may not get back to Disney at Christmas for a long time, so to us it was worth the cost of the tickets.

scootch713
02-09-2008, 03:24 PM
I went in 2005 and in 2007, both the thursday a week before thanksgiving. In 2005, we had light crowds, in 2007, it was packed. It did clear out around 1030... but until then, was just packed. I won't do it again... but am glad I did it once. I would guess it would depend on budget. I wish now we would have skipped it in 2007 and did BBB instead.

fairies*n*fireflies
02-14-2008, 06:00 PM
My family and I are planning on a trip hopefully the week of Christmas. I noticed that one person said that the party ends before Christmas. Generally what is the last date of the party? I was so hoping we would be able to be there and attend it one night. But we can't take the kids out of school because of finals, so we have to wait until the break starts. We are looking at possibly checking in on December 20th, 2008.

Beast_fanatic
02-14-2008, 10:53 PM
My family and I are planning on a trip hopefully the week of Christmas. I noticed that one person said that the party ends before Christmas. Generally what is the last date of the party? I was so hoping we would be able to be there and attend it one night. But we can't take the kids out of school because of finals, so we have to wait until the break starts. We are looking at possibly checking in on December 20th, 2008.

Last year, the last party was on the 21st.