PDA

View Full Version : Comments Welcome

wilcat
02-07-2008, 12:03 PM
My Dh and I are heading to WDW in December :cloud9:and wanted to try some new resturants. Please give me your opinions on the following:

Concourse Steakhouse
1900 Park Fare
Olivia's Cafe
Cinderella's Royal Feast
Le Cellier
Cap'n Jacks

We would be going for dinner and want something a little relaxing. What do think?

Cathy

#1donaldfan
02-07-2008, 12:12 PM
Is the Concourse still open???
1900 Park Fare.....very good
CRT.....very good
Capt Jacks .... very good..

jwildflower1981
02-07-2008, 01:30 PM
We did 1900 Park Fare for breakfast and thought it was wonderful. The had a very large assortment of food.
Captin Jacks is a new favorite for us. I had the twin lobster tails and my DH had the pot roast. He even said it was as good as his mamma's...lol.
I've heard wonderful things about Le Cellier, but I haven't been able to get in there yet. I can't wait to try it! I'm sure the rest of your answers will be coming along soon, Have a great trip.:mickey:

MsMin
02-07-2008, 01:40 PM
Concourse Steakhouse
1900 Park Fare
Olivia's Cafe
Cinderella's Royal Feast
Le Cellier
Cap'n Jacks

From our trip in Dec 06 -- concourse was our least favorite place we dined. Our waiter was one of the best ever but the food wasn't up to par. While the girls ordered the filet it was cooked med. well instead of med rare and the waiter insisted on sending it back so the whole meal was out of sink -- but it was great when it did come. However several of us ordered the prime rib which was heavy w/ rosemary (and I like rosemary) but it was to the extent it was bitter. It was a bad experience.
I haven't been to Cinderella's since the change but it was great before and the atmosphere and service was great.
LeCellier, we had poor service. He seemed very inexperienced and was slow and didn't have the coordination down yet. I think we were expecting fantastic and got good food (slow) and the cheese soup was very salty. I would go back, just there are plenty of places that serve great steak.

gauvin4
02-07-2008, 01:46 PM
Is the Concourse still open???

I believe Concourse is closing sometime this Spring.

SBETigg
02-07-2008, 01:48 PM
Le Cellier is good. I would choose to leave off one other choice and add a signature dining experience, like Narcoossee's or California Grill. I would pick Grand Floridian Cafe over 1900 Park Fare if I wanted relaxing. But there's no need to change anything. Your choices look good and I hope you have a great time!

laprana
02-07-2008, 02:04 PM
Yes, Concourse Steakhouse is closing on May 10, with the new TS restaurant The Wave scheduled to open sometime around then.

joanna71985
02-07-2008, 02:39 PM
My Dh and I are heading to WDW in December :cloud9:and wanted to try some new resturants. Please give me your opinions on the following:

Concourse Steakhouse
1900 Park Fare
Olivia's Cafe
Cinderella's Royal Feast
Le Cellier
Cap'n Jacks

We would be going for dinner and want something a little relaxing. What do think?

Cathy

The only one I have done of the ones above is CRT lunch. But it is soooo much fun, and I am eating there again in July (5th time).

I am also going to be doing Le Cellier and 1900 Park Faire dinner for the first time this summer. I can't wait!!

Hull-onian
02-08-2008, 04:29 PM

Concourse Steakhouse
1900 Park Fare
Olivia's Cafe
Cinderella's Royal Feast
Le Cellier
Cap'n Jacks

Cathy
Concourse is closing soon.:(
Le Cellier is a good choice. We had a nice meal there.
I am not too sure, I think at Cindy's Royal Feast you must by a photo package.:confused:
Never been to Cap'n Jacks or Olivias.
Whatever decision you make, it will be the right one.

Jared
02-08-2008, 05:58 PM
Concourse Steakhouse will close permanently May 10, but it's an acceptable choice for a quick meal if you're in the area. It's nothing special, but it's not terrible.

1900 Park Fare is one of my favorite character buffets, definitely a notch above the more traditional options like Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace. It's a little classier and more intimate, and I think the food is a little better. I've only tried it for dinner, but my family had a wonderful experience a few years ago.

I've never tried Olivia's Cafe, so I can't comment.

Cinderella's Royal Table is popular because it's located in Cinderella Castle and for no other reason. The food is mediocre and you will pay a fortune. I can't recommend it unless you're desperately looking for the opportunity to eat in a unique setting.

Le Cellier is generally considered one of the best restaurants in Walt Disney World. It's incredibly popular, especially for the cheddar cheese soup and delicious breadsticks.

Finally, I haven't tried Cap'n Jack's Restaurant, either.

:tasty:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
02-09-2008, 12:05 AM
Am I the only one who has eaten at Olivia's?

Personally, I didn't find it all that amazing but they usually have good soups and they have the most delicious key lime pie second only to the Keys.

DrivingSideways
02-09-2008, 12:23 AM
I've only eaten at two of the places on your list, but I can wholeheartedly recommend Le Cellier. The Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup is one of my absolute favorites at WDW. I've eaten there at least once on my last 3 trips.

CRT: Loved the experience, didn't care much for the food or the price. Having said that, I haven't been there since August 2004. There's a lot of room for change.

joanna71985
02-09-2008, 02:22 PM
I am not too sure, I think at Cindy's Royal Feast you must by a photo package.:confused:
Never been to Cap'n Jacks or Olivias.
Whatever decision you make, it will be the right one.

For CRT, the package is included.

joanna71985
02-09-2008, 02:29 PM
Ahh, double post