PDA

View Full Version : 3 wks at WDW

Deesdisney
02-07-2008, 11:35 AM
Hello. I just got back from the Magical world of WDW. I spent 3 wks down there with a 9 night stay at the all star movies. Everything was great. I did not get to see the Dream Team but some nice lady and her husband gave my DD there extra set of ears. That was very nice of them.

I spent 10 before our ALM res. with my DM and DDad at there trailer off property cause there was no openings at Ft. Wilderness. We spent everyday going to one hotel and checking them out. We had lunch or dinner there and just relaxed. The propertys are great. I think next trip will be 2 wks at the beach club. That place was amazing. There Lava drinks are to die for.:marg:

The eight days we spent at the parks was great. The lines were not that long until Friday. However next time I want to stay 2 wks so we can go to a park one day then relax the next. I was in pain every night due to my arthritis. I took my SIL and Niece who have never been to WDW but had been to Disneyland alot since they live out in Calif. They thought the place was amazing. We did the P&P party on a tues. night and I was a little disappointed. All we got was necklaces and gems. No candy or anything. But we got to ride the rides that are always so packed.

Now I have to vent a little. When I got to my resort I was talking to some people while my DD was swimming and all they did was complain about how much it is and they would never come back. I told them I knew how much everything would cost cause I looked it up on the computer. One person said that she was unhappy (after going for 10 yrs straight) about the Magical Gatherings only being offered to groups of people. One person complained that there was not enough rides for little kids. (What?) I finally got up and walked away. I was so happy to be there that I did not want to listen to it any more. Why would people do this?? :mad:

Now that I am back I am starting to plan a trip to Disneyland in Dec. Yeah.:yay:

I have got to say that I would spend my vacation no where else. The food, the CMs, and everything thing was great. I just did not want to come home. I would love to live there for 3 months every year. But now I have to get back to reality. At least I had agreat 3 wks of having fun at WDW..:coaster::fworks:

RedheadWriter
02-07-2008, 11:43 AM
3 weeks! What a dream of mine to spend that much time! I am happy for you!!!! Glad you had a magical time!!!!!
Rachel

BeccaO
02-07-2008, 12:13 PM
Glad you had a great time!!! That must have been awesome to spend 3 weeks there!!!

Some people will let the dumbest things ruin their vacation. I will be the first to admit that things at Disney are costly, but if you prepare before you go, there should be no surprises, and why let something like that ruin your vacation??? Some people will find anything under the moon to complain about and not shut up about it, even though nobody wants to hear about it.

When we were there in Jan. there were some things that we were not happy about at the GF, but like my husband said, we didn't let it ruin our vacation, it was a great vacation!!!

MissT
02-07-2008, 01:37 PM
I feel the cost is greatly outweighed by the benefits! :cloud9: To go to the World for 3 weeks and get away from reality for awhile, has to be a dream. You were right to get up and walk away.
Glad you had a great time.

tinkerbell04
02-07-2008, 02:39 PM
Good for you for not letting other people bring you down! That can be a real drag sometimes. It sounds like you sure had a great time! I love the lava drinks at the BC too!:mickey:

pdrlkr
02-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethis26fan
02-08-2008, 09:52 AM
Sounds like a great trip, thanks for sharing.

faline
02-08-2008, 03:34 PM
Three weeks is a great amount of time to be away! How lucky!

dolphinmickey9170
02-10-2008, 06:45 PM
Don't let their comments get you down. You did the right thing walking away, cuz I would have just told them to go home. More Magic for me!! Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

AbeeNormal
02-10-2008, 07:20 PM
3 weeks I couldn't even imagine how incredible that must have been. :cloud9:

I'm sorry you had some crabby people there with you - good for you for walking away, you definitley did the right thing.:tiptoe:

I look forward to hearing all about your trip to Disney Land have a great time - you'll love it. :tiphat:

vizsla
02-11-2008, 05:40 AM
Thanks for the report.

SgtTigger
02-11-2008, 07:51 PM
I love going to the Resorts...... I like to walk around and see everything they have to offer...
We try to do this every trip.

I am glad to hear you had a great time.....

Thanks for the report......

:cop: :tigger:

2Epcot
02-11-2008, 08:54 PM
I have always said if I came into a lot of money, I would have a place there all the time so I could make regular trips. To be down there for 3 weeks sounds great to me ... Enjoying Disney, and the other places in the area. I've been to most of the resorts, but have really never been there long enough to check them all out completly ... I'd love to do that.

There will always be those complaining, I would probably have got away from them too. Hearing you talk about how much pain you were in makes me appreciate how great my parents were those first two trips we made to the World. Both were in the summer, and we went to the parks everyday from the time they opened until past closing time for the entire week of each of those trips.

Thanks for sharing your trip. :mickey:

adoptionislove
02-13-2008, 02:59 PM
good for you for walking away!

Glad you had fun!!!

Michelle

#1disneyfan
02-13-2008, 07:53 PM
What a great experience to be able to spend that much time at WDW!

Glad you didn't let those other people ruin your vacation. We save for all year to be able to afford to make our vacations, this is how we choose to spend our vacation money. Some people would complain about everything. Glad you chose to walk away!

Thanks for sharing.

DisFan01
02-13-2008, 07:59 PM
Wow! I wish I could spend three weeks at WDW! :D

Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

ChipnDaleGal
02-15-2008, 03:34 PM
I bet it was really fun to all that resort hopping at the beginning of your trip. Sounds like you had a really nice, long vacation. Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

January-2007
02-18-2008, 01:41 PM
Thanks for sharing. Sounds like you had a lot of fun!

PinKy
02-20-2008, 03:20 PM
Glad you had such a great time! I have been wanting to try the Kitchen Sink at Beaches & Cream so hopefully I can do that this year since I will have enough people to split it with!